Your shopping cart is empty!
Get an extra 20% OFF
on your first purchase!
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect on May 25th, 2018 in EU countries. Under the GDPR more rights have been given to the individuals to control their personal data. Personal data refers to any information which can be used to identify a person by reference to an identifier. The personal information includes the name, email-id, identification number, location details etc. Under the GDPR cookies has also been considered as the personal data as the cookie information can also be used to trace a person.
Some of the rights which have been provided to the individuals under GDPR are following:
1) Right to access of personal data
2) Right to rectification
3) Right to data portability
4) Right to be forgotten or right to erasure
5) Right to the restriction of data processing
Knowband has also released the GDPR module which handles the rights of the customers. Click here to find the details.
Workflow of the Prestashop GDPR Data deletion and data anonymization addon:
Under the specific conditions, the customer has the rights to request for the erasure of the personal data. As it is one of the rights of the customer under GDPR, so it is mandatory for the online stores to provide the option to the customers so that they can request for the data deletion. The Prestashop GDPR - Data Deletion and Data Anonymization addon allow the Prestashop store admin to provide an interface to the customers so that they can request for the data deletion and data anonymization. In case of data anonymization request store admin has the options to anonymize the customer name, email id and order information. Similarly for the data deletion request admin can select the options to delete the personal information only or the deletion of the orders as well.
Data deletion process of Prestashop GDPR addon - Data deletion and data anonymization:
By installing the Prestashop GDPR -Data deletion and data anonymization module the Prestashop store admin will be able to provide an interface to the customers so that they can access their rights provided by the GDPR directives. As soon as the customer will request for the data deletion a confirmation email will be sent to the entered email id with a request to confirm the data deletion request. Customer will also be notified that after deleting his/her information once it will not be possible to retrieve it. After getting the confirmation from the customer the personal data of the customer will be deleted from the database and admin will also get the confirmation email. This module deletes the data from the Prestashop database only in case the personal data of the customer is stored in other places or it has been shared with third-parties then store admin needs to delete it manually. Admin will also be able to keep the track of the data deletion requests processed from the back-office. Key features of the Prestashop GDPR Module for data deletion and data anonymization are following:
1) Personal data deletion only: Admin has the option to enable the settings so that customer will be able to request for the personal information and after getting the customer confirmation only the personal information like customer name, addresses etc will be deleted.
2) Delete the order details: Admin has the option to enable the settings so that the order details of the customer will also get deleted.
Note: The Prestashop GDPR module deletes the data from the store database only. If the customer data has been stored on other location like Google drive or it has been shared with the third-party service providers like MailChimp then admin need to delete the data manually from all the third party services.
The Prestashop GDPR module -Data deletion and anonymization allows the store admin to provide the customers an interface so that they can request for the data anonymization. As soon as the customer will request for the data anonymization then a confirmation email will be sent to the customer with the request to confirm the data deletion request. Admin has the following options in the back-office to enable the settings:
1) Customer name only: If admin enables the data anonymization setting from the back-office then only customer name will be modified.
2) Generate pseudo email id: The Prestashop GDPR addon allows the store admin to generate the pseudo email ids which will replace the actual email id of the customer. This email id will also be shared with the customer with the message to keep it for future reference. Custome can access the store by using this email-id.
3) Order details: The Prestashop GDPR compliance module allows the store admin to enable the settings so that order details will also get updated (name and email id of the customer).
Additional features of the Prestashop GDPR compliance Addon:
1) Pre-defined email templates:
The pre-defined email templates make it easy for the store admin to handle the customer's requests under GDPR without any hassle. The Prestashop GDPR module - Data deletion and data anonymization has following email templates:
a) Data deletion request: In order to process the data deletion request following emails will be used:
# If a customer request for the data deletion then an email with the request to confirm the email id will be sent to the customer on the entered email address.
# As soon as the customer confirms the data deletion request a notification email will be sent to the admin to notify regarding the data deletion request.
b) Data anonymization request:
# If a customer request for the data anonymization then a confirmation email will be sent to the customer at the entered email address.
# If the settings to generate the pseudo email-id is enable then as soon as the customer will confirm the request the generated pseudo email-id will be sent to the customer with the message to save it for the future uses.
Benefits for the admin:
1) The Prestashop GDPR addon - data deletion and data anonymization helps the store admin to meet the GDPR requirements.
2) Admin can provide an easy to use interface to the customers so that they can access their GDPR rights.
3) Admin can keep the track of the data deletion and data anonymization requests from the back-office.
If there is a feature you want on your Prestashop store, chances are that a Prestashop plugin will allow you to do it, if you don't find any such plugin you can always contact us for your custom plugin development requirements.
|Latest Version||v1.0.0 (9-May-2018)|