Your shopping cart is empty!
Get an extra 20% OFF
on your first purchase!
There can be many reasons to block a suspected IP or user agent from visiting the eCommerce website. Undoubtedly in this digitally transformed world, bots can be of any type, either good or bad. Good Bot like GoogleBot is somewhat helpful as it indexes content across the website and helps to improve its ranking status. While bad bots enter your site with malicious intents and subsequently harm the confidentiality of the user data. Knowband offers you full control to block unwanted traffic and irrelevant users from accessing the site information. With Opencart Block user extension, prevent as many suspected users or bots from entering into your store and stealing website data without your knowledge.
How Opencart Block User/bot by IP, Country or User Agent works?
This Opencart extension offers three direct and effortless means to banish various IPs, country or user-agent from entering your store. They have been discussed below.
Block by IP: With the help of Opencart spam blocker, the site admin can enter the suspected IP address and prevent them from entering the store. They can block a particular IP address or the complete IP address range by using * in order to block all the IPs lying in that range. The form can be 184.108.40.206 or 223.190.77.*, depending on the requirement. Once after blocking IPs, the ban can be disabled from the backend.
Block by Country: In case, your online Opencart store is not offering services to specific countries or want to hide explicit data in some country then you can block all users of that country from viewing the site using Opencart spam blocker module. For this, enter the name of the country under Block by Country tab at back-office.
Block by User Agent: Opencart Block bot/user by user agent module allows the functionality to enter the name of the particular user-agent in order to block the access to the website. It can be any user-agent including Chrome, Mozilla, Bingbot, msnbot, twengabot, Facebook and others.
Features of Opencart Block Bot Extension:
1. Enable or disable the blocker functionality of Opencart Block User/bot by IP module just on a single click from the backend.
2. Opencart Spam Ip Block module is an effortless way to block the user/bot of a specific IP address, country code as well as user agent.
3. For banishing a wide range of users from the store, Opencart store admin can block the entire country or the whole range of IP address from the admin panel.
4. The banishment created using Opencart Block User/bot by IP, Country or User Agent can be created or deleted as per website needs.
5. Opencart spam IP blocker module allows admin to show a custom error message to the blocked users of the store. Like the blocked users will be shown a white page with the message ‘You are not allowed to access the page’.
6. The error message or block message flashed on the frontend of blocked users can be customized from the back-office of Opencart Block Bot module.
7. With Opencart Block User/bot by IP extension,the banned visitors are provided with an option to send a request to unblock them. These user unblocking requests can be either approved or rejected by the store admin from the back-end.
8. Opencart IP Spam Blocker module provides multi-store compatibility and works flawlessly over the latest version of Opencart.
9. Opencart admin can show/hide the header and footer to the blocked users if he wants to using this Opencart IP Spam Blocker module.
If there is a feature you want on your Opencart site, chances are that an Opencart plugin will allow you to do it, if you don't find any such plugin you can always contact us for your custom plugin development requirements.