The multi-vendor marketplace model has created a sensation since it arrived in the e-commerce arena. The growth and expansion opportunity that it brings along are seen as the driving factors behind its success. The adoption of the model has bought some effective results for those who have adopted it thus, substantiating its success.
Initially, the developed countries were latching on to the model but now after the effect, it has created, developing countries are not far behind. You might be wondering how a shift in a model can bring such a difference to your business growth. To make your job easy we will here discuss on how a multi-vendor marketplace model helps in expanding your business growth.
Multi-vendor marketplace vs business growth
After taking a look at the general trends of the marketplace model, we will now shift our focus towards its positive effects on your business.
- Base expansion: By allowing the integration of various vendors on to your platform, a marketplace module expands the base of the products and services offered by you. More the number of choices you offer, more are the chances that the visitor will turn into a customer. Thus, a direct boost to your conversion rate.
- Deeper market penetration: As the multi-vendor model involves the integration of sellers from various regions, it becomes easier to cater to the early shipment needs of the customers. This allows you to reach the customers even at the remotest corner, thus increasing your market penetration.
- Cost-cutting: The shift to multi-vendor model takes away the responsibility of product update, inventory management, and SKU up-gradation. This, in turn, cuts the cost involved in managing these expenses without even disturbing the flow of your business. You can utilize these resources in some other aspects of your business like the enhancement of your product shipment through integration with different shipping solutions.
- Efficiency: With multiple vendors involved, the process of procurement, packaging, and shipment take place in a more speedy and efficient way. Unlike the traditional model, where all these responsibilities rest with a single unit that too for the entire range of customers, this division of labor makes the task smooth and simple.
- Customer satisfaction: By enriching your business with the above-mentioned features, the last thing which you can expect from the model is ensuring customer satisfaction. The aim of any business is to satisfy the customer with their product and services and to cater to this need you need to devise methods that cater to this effect.
Expansion and growth are what any business love to witness. To achieve these aims for your business, you need to ensure that your business is leaving up to the extent of its full potential. Multi-vendor marketplace model is one such tool you can rely on expand your business reach.
Liked This? You’ll Like These Too
- Chicken-and-egg: problem of marketplace startups- 6 tips for building your own
- Is marketplace model the new shift in eCommerce?
- The battle of Marketplaces – Indian eCommerce market is the new arena
- What are the components of a Multi-vendor marketplace model?
- Why are Marketplace sites more successful than the Inventory Model?