Multi-vendor marketplace model has been making the buzz ever since it was introduced in the e-commerce industry. The mutual benefit sharing and inclusive nature of the model brings a win-win situation for all the stakeholders involved. However, The key component that culminate to make a successful model is a topic of discussion for many. Here we will discuss those essential components that a marketplace model of e-commerce is composed of.
Now we will take a look at those components of marketplace model which make it a success.
- Easy inclusion of vendors: An effective Multi-vendor model allows easy registration and listing of products by a vendor. Vendors require an easy procedure for listing their products. Also, many vendors ask for an own profile page to effectively extend the reach of their product. This profile provides the vendors with an interface like their own website. The vendors can upload and manage their products using this interface.
- Feedback and reviews: As a large number of sellers are involved in a Multi-vendor model, customers generally do not prefer to contact the sellers directly. In this case, they look for an alternative such as an online review or feedback from the established customer about a particular vendor. A good Multi-vendor caters to this need by providing the customers an option to give a review or decimate feedback using their account or email id.
- Smooth search feature: An effective marketplace model allows you to easily search for a desired product or vendor in a sea of vendors and from around a range of products. With the ease the customer is able to locate the product on your website, the higher are the chances that he will convert it into a purchaser. Thus, your conversion optimization is at stake when we talk about this component. Any effective marketplace module that follow the standards, will provide this functionality for sure.
- Price management: Due to the involvement of a large number of sellers, there is always a chance of price variability for a particular product. Thus, an effective Multi-vendor platform must cater to this need and shall assist you in maintaining the price of the products in accordance with its features. Moreover, as you are involved in the process, you will be generating an effective amount of money in the form of commission. So, management of your profit margin shall also be assisted here.
Catering to its popularity in the market and the role it plays in your conversion optimization, a Multi-vendor model becomes an indispensable addition for your e-commerce website. You can easily adapt to this model by installing a Multi-vendor module in accordance with your eCommerce platform. Magento multi-vendor extension is one such software for Magento based e-commerce website.
Liked This? You’ll Like These Too
- 5 revenue generation models multi-vendor marketplaces can use
- Best eCommerce platforms for starting a multi-vendor marketplace
- E-commerce platform that you can opt for your multi-vendor marketplace
- How to grow your business with multi-vendor marketplace model?
- Is marketplace model the new shift in eCommerce?