There are certain websites which sell the products that are only for adults or for a certain age group. In such cases, these website should be ideally accessible by those age groups only. Even the law in various countries does not permit to allow under adults to access explicit contents on the websites. It is the duty of the website owners to make sure about the Age verification.
Children under 13 cannot make smart decisions online- Just because the new generation of kids is more tech savvy at the younger ages, doesn’t always mean that their brains are developing at the same rate as their digital awareness. Underage children can put themselves in harm and might become victim of online harassment, solicitation and cyber bullying before they are ready to respond correctly.
According to Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) passed in 1998 every child and their personal information under the age of 13 are protected by the law. Websites are not allowed to leverage their information or share them with anyone, not even the advertisers.
So, it becomes really necessary for the website owners to identify such population on their websites and take appreciate actions. PrestaShop is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms that is being used by the businesses across the planet. Out of millions of PrestaShop websites, there is a large number of them which sale explicit products. So there is a strict need for these websites to make their website age restrict. Since PrestaShop do not offer such feature out of the box, the website owners either look for other eCommerce platforms or they hire professionals to do the customizations to include a PrestaShop Age Verification feature.
How to get a PrestaShop Age verification feature?
Knowband presents the PrestaShop Age Verification module that is capable of restricting your PrestaShop website to a certain age level. Do not have to hire a PrestaShop webmaster to do any customization. Just install the module on your store and after some configuration, your website is ready to serve as a responsible website out of the box.
- A PrestaShop module is easy to install and configure than customizing the core PrestaShop functionalities.
- By implementing a PrestaShop Age verification feature, your website will serve its social responsibility and cooperate with the laws made for protecting the under aged population.
- Using a PrestaShop age verification module is easier as compared to the customized website because you do not have to run to your webmaster each time you want to make a change.
- It is very easy to customize the look and feel of the Age verification interface on front end. The admin can put custom CSS codes from the back end itself and personalize the look and feel.
- The age level of the restriction can be changed easily without any technical coding. It can be done from the back office itself.
It is a social and legal responsibility of the website owners to make their websites age restrict if it contains the elements that should not be accessed by the under aged population. It is not just about the adult explicit contents, it is also about caring about the privacy and protection of children from the cyber crimes. It this era of huge online connectivity preserving the children and their information from cyber crimes is the responsibility of every website owner. If you are doing it honestly, you are fulfilling your social and legal responsibility correctly.
You Might Also Like: