Magento is a competent platform to manage even a huge eCommerce site. The kind of flexibility we get on this platform is impeccable. I personally see this eCommerce platform as a tool to help to launch a large scale eCommerce business in any online market. The e-commerce market is a massive arena of competition between the large number of sites that are built on several platforms like PrestaShop, OpenCart, Shopify, Drupal commerce and much more. The e-commerce market is a huge playground with several other players like you or even better than you. While surviving the competition from your rival sites, you cannot afford to lose this battle just because of a very small mistake. I am talking about the default Magento checkout process. It is a multi-step checkout process that takes multiple steps to finish a checkout process.The default Magento checkout is a competent option, but it lags in certain areas that might really mesh with your online business. To survive with your online business in the midst of a massively competitive environment, it is not wise to depend on the generic checkout process to make profits. You need to have a competitive advantage over all the players in your domain, and your domain says that you have to provide the maximum possible user engagement to impress a visitor for completing the checkout process. The need here is for a competent Magento checkout module that will not only help you survive the market but will also bring customers for you. If you keep on depending on the generic checkout processes, you might end up in a very messy condition with a breakout of shopping cart abandonments.
There was a time when only countable number of eCommerce sites were ruling the market. But, today no site can claim to have the customers for granted. Even the biggest players always keep researching about the new ways to lure the customers on their sites. Knowing this, if you still think you can depend on the default Magento checkout, then trust me! It is not a nice idea for the health of your online business.
One page checkout is a way to shrink the multi pages checkouts into a simple page. Using a one-page checkout module for your Magento checkout process, you can effectively have a competitive advantage over those rival sites who are still stuck with the generic Magento checkout option.
It is not only about the providing a single page and saving the unnecessary redirections but is is about creating an engaging user experience that will save the frustrations of online shopping and encourage the user to come back again. Making a sale is one thing, but gaining a repeated customer is all you want today. It takes a lot of effort to fetch a customer to your and it takes much more to retain that customer on your site.
Here are some of the qualities I would hope to be consisted in a competent one page Magento checkout module:
1. Adopt a Magento checkout that would allow the customers to complete the whole checkout process on a single page- Every one-page checkout must include this trait to be called as a one-page checkout module.
2. Adopt a Magento checkout that would allow sign ups or sign in from the checkout page itself- Instead of redirecting the customer to a new page for sign up a one-page checkout module allows the features like social login to allow login from the same page.
Social login can improvise the conversion chances to the maximum because the effort for form filling while sign up is eliminated using it. A social login can be integrated into the Magento checkout process to look something like this:
A competent One page Magento checkout would allow the users to fill the details like Shipping address, delivery options, select payment options and confirm the order from the same page. Similar to this:
5. On the whole, a complete look for the one Page checkout on your Magento site would look something like this:
A clean and unambiguous checkout would surely improve the level of UX on your site. So, it is a must that you strictly check if your adopted one page Magento checkout is providing a neat and understandable interface too. I am not against the generic Magento checkout, in fact, Magento also has a quite competent one-page checkout in its default installation. I just want to share a view of how you should look for a one-page checkout and compare the ways in which a competent custom checkout module can improve the UX on your site.
You Might Also Like:
- Analyze these top 5 Magento Checkout Extensions for a seamless online checkout process for your Magento Site
- Beginning of a new era of easy checkout process with the emergence of Magento One Page Supercheckout Lite Module
- Enjoy A New Online Shopping Experience With This Magento One Page Supercheckout Extension
- Forget all checkout related worries with this Magento One Page Supercheckout Plugin
- How can One Page checkout improve your checkout process?