The most popular social networks are available in numerous languages and allow users to connect with friends or people from all over the world, regardless of geography, politics, or economics.
Social networking sites are predicted to have 3.96 billion users by 2022, and these numbers are expected to continue to rise as mobile device usage and mobile social networks gain momentum in previously neglected areas.
Another Statista report says, 73% of Internet users prefer social login over the long registration process. These figures are expected to climb in the future years, thus adding a social login option to your eCommerce site is advisable.
Social login is a quicker alternative to lengthy registration forms. You benefited from the social login in multiple ways, not just the conversion but you also get more precise data of clients and their interests that you can use in optimizing your marketing funnel. Let us discuss some of the benefits of Social Media Login and how it can help you in marketing and advertisement.
Registration or signup with a Social network is an easy, convenient, and seamless option.
Let’s dig into some numbers to better understand the inclination of users towards social networks.
- Through a study it is found that 56% of customers use social verification to avoid filling out online registration forms; 43 percent said they did so because they couldn’t recall another user name and password.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform worldwide with 2.85 billion monthly active accounts. As Facebook owns four other social media platforms including Facebook (core platform), WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, 3,15 billion users are reported in the first quarter of 2021.
- In the year 2016, 53% of users chose Facebook and 44% chose Google+ over other social media login options.
- The next highest result at 25% was the people who like using the same identity on all of the devices and websites to achieve a more personalized experience.
Adding a plugin for social media login can be an opportunity for an eCommerce store owner to enhance the conversion rate. For an eCommerce store, you can always opt for a social Loginizer plugin.
What is the procedure for logging in with a social media account?
Login using your social media account is a straightforward process. You can complete the process in just three steps:
- A login request is received at the social network provider’s end, which authenticates the user. Users must accept the app’s or site’s access rights at this point.
- Next, the social provided will verify the profile and user identity to give the access to site or app.
- The user opens an app or goes to a website and chooses their preferred social network. This is frequently in the form of a social login button or a link that says “Sign in with [Facebook/Google+].”
Customers can also opt for email notification or subscription to newsletters. Asking for their permission will keep you in their good books, and needful for GDPR compliance.
How Social login does reduce the abandoned cart rate? When you force a customer to fill a complex registration form during checkout, it demotivates them. As a result, they leave your website without buying any products.
You can encourage your customer and influence their buying decision by giving them a user-friendly customer experience. For your eCommerce store, you can use one page check out incorporated with social media login options. One Page Checkout appears to be a simple and quick way to register and the one with the social login option is like the cherry on the cake.
More registration means more conversion results in less bounce rate and abandoned carts.
Being a netizen, I like getting a personalized shopping experience. When a store treats me well, I definitely revisit them.
Ever wondered about the ads you see on your social media, why do they look so relevant?
While surfing your web browser you might have seen advertisements related to your search results. This happens because social media platforms use demographic data and location info to serve the content.
Social login helps businesses achieve that. It provides more consumer data that businesses can use to reach a particular audience in their social media marketing campaigns. These will include details such as name, email address, gender, age, location, personal interests, search history, etc. A study says that social network users will increase by up to 4.4 billion by 2025. This gives a great opportunity to eCommerce store owners to enhance the conversion rate by running strategic successful marketing campaigns.
The fastest approach to engage your users and develop your business is to employ social login. What’s often forgotten is how the top companies and products make social login work for them not only during sign-in but throughout the whole customer journey. They leverage user data to send personalize addicting notifications that keep users coming back to the app, consequently results in better engagement.
By providing multiple social login options on the mobile app, you get a chance to figure out which social network is more preferential.
Of course, personalization will be a key factor on Apps as well. As soon as a user login with social media on a mobile app, the provider immediately receives the demographic information of the client.
Then this data will help in personalizing the messages, push notifications, and even in tailoring your promotional emails. Push notifications can trigger conversions three times if you apply a user-centric approach.
KnowBand understands the demand for social login for clients hence Knowband’s mobile app builder has Facebook and Google+ login facility. You do not require any paid extension for login.
Whether you have a B2B enterprise app or the latest hot social consumer app, incorporating social login is one of the simplest ways to make every phase of the user lifecycle stickier and drive more growth.
People often face difficulty getting the API keys and App secret key. You can easily get the API key and App secret key in a few simple steps for your account by following the guidelines in our user manual. Using LinkedIn or Instagram sites as a social login alternative on your store is very useful with a high share of users.
Here is a brief introduction to the most acceptable in-demand login options:
- Facebook: Facebook is one of the most popular social login options with the largest base of users which is 2.6 billion (Statistica report). With Facebook Loginizer by Knowband, you can easily add a Facebook login option to your eCommerce store.
- Google+: This comes second in the race. People find goggle+ login easier than filling a long registration form. Add Google+ as a login option to your eCommerce store by following these guidelines.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a photo-sharing app with 200million users. Social login by Pinterest is quite popular.
- LinkedIn: How to set the API key for LinkedIn is the most frequently asked question for social login. You can do it in a few steps. Read the user manual to set your API and client-server details for social login.
If you want to add social login options to your website, try the ‘Social Loginizer’ Module by ‘Knowband’. This module provides you with a range of social networking options. With this module, you get 15 social login options with Facebook login, Google login, Instagram login, Yahoo login, Vk login, PayPal login, Twitter login, Amazon login, Linkedin login, Foursquare login, Github login, Live login, Disqus login, Dropbox login, and WordPress login. Pick the ones you want and get ready.
As I mentioned, the mobile app builder is integrated with Facebook and Google+ login facility. In that same way, the One Page Checkout module also has Social login facility by Google+ and Facebook. Some of the extensions also provide PayPal login support.
You can check out the plugins for your eCommerce platform from Knowband. The Social Login addon is available for PrestaShop, OpenCart, Magento, and Magento platforms.
You May Like to Read: