Social login is the new Login trend which is quicker and helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate. Let’s dig into some numbers to better understand the inclination of users towards social networks. In a report published by static, 3.6 billion people across the globe use social media platforms and 77% of Internet users prefer social login over the long registration process. Why? Because, it is an easy, convenient, and seamless alternative to the long registration process. I believe that social login is a good solution for registration. Adding a plugin for social media login can be an opportunity for an eCommerce store owner to enhance the conversion rate.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Social Media Login and how it can help you in marketing and advertisement.
Through a study it is found that 56% of customers use social verification to avoid filling out online registration forms; 43 percent said they did so because they couldn’t recall another user name and password. The next highest result at 25% was the people who like using the same identity on all of the devices and websites to achieve a more personalized experience. For an eCommerce store, you can always opt for a social Loginizer plugin. Knowband provides the best extensions for all the eCommerce platforms.
Social login can reduce abandoned cart rate. How does this work? When customers see a long registration form for checkout he/she gets discouraged and leave the site without buying the products. Now you can always encourage your customer by giving them a user-friendly customer experience during their checkout process. For your eCommerce store, you can use one page check out incorporated with a social media login option. Isn’t this amazing! A plugin which can boost the conversion by reducing the number of abandoned carts.
Being a netizen, we like getting a personalized customer experience. While surfing your web browser you might have seen advertisements related to your search results. This happens because social media platforms use sophisticated demographic and location data to serve up ads for social media marketing. From a study, it is predicted that the social network users will increase by up to 4.4 billion by 2025. This number can be a great opportunity for an eCommerce store owner to enhance the conversion rate with strategic successful marketing. Social login gives you more consumer data that you can use to reach a particular audience in your social media marketing campaigns. These will include details such as name, email address, gender, age, location, and much more.
If you want to add social login options to your website, try the ‘Social Loginizer’ Module by ‘Knowband’. This module provides you with a range of social networking options. With this module, you get 15 social login options with Facebook login, Google login, Instagram login, Yahoo login, Vk login, PayPal login, Twitter login, Amazon login, Linkedin login, Foursquare login, Github login, Live login, Disqus login, Dropbox login, and WordPress login. Pick the ones you want and get ready.
People often face difficulty getting the API keys and App secret key. You can easily get the API key and App secret key in a few simple steps for your account by following the guidelines in our user manual. Using LinkedIn or Instagram sites as a social login alternative on your store is very useful with a high share of users.
Most popular social login websites
Some of the most accepted, in-demand login options are discussed below
- Facebook: Facebook is one of the most popular social login options with the largest base of users which is 2.6 billion (Statistica report). With Facebook Loginizer by Knowband, you can easily add a Facebook login option to your eCommerce store.
- Google+: This comes second in the race. People find goggle+ login easier than filling a long registration form. Add Google+ as a login option to your eCommerce store by following these guidelines.
- Instagram: Users often opt for the Instagram login. If you are an eCommerce store owner then setting API can be fishy for you but with know band social organizer you can set this up within minutes. Here is the link to set the Client ID and Client secret details for Instagram.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a photo-sharing app with 200million users. Social login by Pinterest is quite popular.
- LinkedIn: How to set the API key for LinkedIn is the most frequently asked question for social login. It can be done in a few steps. Read the user manual to set your API and client-server details for social login.
You can check out the plugins for your eCommerce platform from Knowband. The Social Login addon is available for PrestaShop, OpenCart, Magento, and Magento platforms.