Steps For Installation of Magento Facebook Loginizer Extension
- All files used by the extension.
- FTP access to your website.
The connect manager is a useful tool for installing extensions, but prefer hands-on method when it comes to installations. It feels more comfortable when you are personally in control of the process.
Do you see an app-code directory there, what about app-etc-modules? If you dont see these directory paths and files contained within them, chances are that the extension download was faulty. Take a look at the package.xml file, this is the blueprint used by Magento Connect to arrange the files in the proper places. You may need to use this to ensure that everything is as it should be. Once you have reviewed the extension files you are ready to perform the last step. Using your ftp client, drag all of the files onto the store root of the magento instance.
Depending on the number of files in the extension, this may take a few moments. Now go to the admin console and click Flush Cache Storage. This is the requirement for any extension that adds pages to the admin console. Logging out and back in is also required to ensure that everything loads properly. If you cannot clear the cache via the admin console for any reason, you will need to clear the cache manually via your FTP client (see the first FAQ question for assistance). That is the final step. Congratulations on a successful installation.
I loaded all files onto my Magento store, and now get a white screen for some or all of the admin console.
This is a fairly common problem, and 99% of the time it is cache related. If you can get to it, go to System->Cache Management and click Flush Cache Storage. This will ensure that everything cached by Magento is deleted and will to be regenerated. Log out and back in to complete the process.
If you are completely cut off from the admin console, navigate to the var-cache directory of yourwebsite. You should see a series of directories named mage*. Delete all of these directories (DO NOT DELETE var-cache). This is the equivalent of flushing the cache storage from the admin console.
I am receiving a Magento error when accessing certain pages. How can I debug this?
This question really deserves a blog post all to itself, but a good start would be to go into the errors directory of your store. Locate the local.xml.sample file and rename it local.xml. The next time you see the error detailed information will be provided explaining where the error took place. Dont forget to change this back when you are finished troubleshooting!
I have a critical error with my webstore and need to turn off an extension I cannot access the admin console. What do I do?
Go to the app-etc-modules directory and open the file that goes with your extension. The naming convention is generally DeveloperName_ExtensionName.xml. In this case it would be Velocity_FacebookLoginizer.xml.
Look for the active tags in the file, change the value from true to false and save your changes. This tells Magento that the extension is disabled and not to run any code associated to it. Deleting the Magento cache is recommended (and most likely required) for this change to take effect.
- To excess Facebook Loginizer plugin, Click on Facebook Loginizer Menu appearing in System Menu navigation .
- On clicking menu Facebook Loginizer the module for plugin will open. It contains navigational bar at the top and in main content the general setting tab will display.
1. Active: To enable the plugin, select enable present under the label Activate.
2. Facebook App Id: Enter your Facebook app id which you get from Facebook.
3. Facebook Secret: Enter your Facebook secret which you get from Facebook.
4. Facebook Icon: Enable or Disable the Facebook icon from front side.
5. Strip Text: Enter the text which you want to show on front side.
6. Strip Font Size: Enter numeric value which set the font size of strip text.
7. Strip Position: Select position which shows strip left/right side of page.
8. Strip Background Color: Select background color for your strip.
9. Strip Text Color: Select text color of strip text.
- Go to Facebook Developers Website (https://developers.facebook.com) or click on link given top right of respective tab in module configuration page.
- Click on Apps -> Create a new App.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- You will get the App ID and App Secret (Click Show button).
- Now, go to Settings from left menu.
- Click on Add Platform button.
- Select Website.
- Enter your App Domain and Site URL.
- Application Type: Web Application.
- Click Save Changes button.
- Now, go to Status & Review tab from left menu and make the Application Live.
Checkout our other Magento Social Extensions. You can also check our blog on why you need Magento Social Extension for business growth.
Liked This? You’ll Like These Too