If you have ever gone for shopping products online, there may be many times when you add the products in your cart and left the store without buying them. The process of leaving the cart without completing the purchase is known as shopping cart abandonment. As per the report from Baymard, the average online shopping cart abandonment rate is 69.23%.
Converting abandoned carts is a tough task but what if we can convince the owners of 20% of those abandoned carts to come back and complete their purchases. Yes it is difficult but possible.
Prestashop Abandoned cart addon by Knowband helps PrestaShop store owners to convert these abandoned carts into sales by regular email follow up. The “Abandon Cart Serial Reminders” addon sends automated emails with discount coupons to the customers who abandoned their carts, thereby increasing the chances of conversion.
Prestashop abandoned cart email follow up addon is very effective when it comes to shopping cart abandonment. This Prestashop email follow up module by Knowband sends automated or manually follow up emails to the customers who abandoned their shopping carts. The Prestashop abandoned cart addon allows Prestashop store owners to create N number of Discounted and Non – Discounted Email templates that can be used to send to the customers. The Admin can set the number of days after which the shopping cart is assumed abandoned and the follow up email is to be triggered.
Prestashop abandoned cart addon is now compliant with the GDPR. GDPR settings are added in the module using which the Prestashop admin can comply with the rules of the GDPR. Please refer to the General Settings to know more about the GDPR.
1. A customer visits your PrestaShop store
2. He browses your store and adds products to his shopping cart
3. During Checkout(sometimes before) the customer is asked for the name and email address
4. But due to some reason, they left your store without completing the purchase
5. After some time their shopping cart is assumed abandoned
6. After a defined time, you will send them the follow-up email reminding about their left items in their shopping carts.
7. Some will visit your PrestaShop store again and convert, and some will ignore your follow up email.
8. After few days of sending the first follow up email, you will send another email with the discount this time.
9. The customer proceeds to checkout and completes the purchase.
- The Knowband Prestashop abandoned cart reduces shopping cart abandonment.
- Boost sales and conversion by convincing the owners of up to 30% of abandoned shopping carts on your PrestaShop store.
- The Prestashop abandoned cart addon tracks abandoned carts of both Guest as well as Registered customers.
- The Admin can send abandoned cart follow up emails with discount coupon codes. All the changes can be done form the backend of the Prestashop email follow up addon.
- Prestashop store admin can set the time period after which the shopping cart is assumed abandoned.
- Admin can view details of the customers like their name, email id, IP Address, Time & Date from the back office of the Prestashop reduce cart abandoned extension.
- The Prestashop abandoned cart addon by Knowband provides the test mode option the admin to test the module before making it live on Prestashop store.
- With the help of the Prestashop email follow up addon, eCommerce store merchant can send the trigger follow up emails Manually or Automatically using crons.
- The Prestashop email follow up module offers the readymade email templates the admin. Prestashop store Admin can add and customize many more.
- Prestashop Abandoned cart recovery email addon facilitate the seller to view the abandoned and converted carts with an ease.
- Prestashop store admin can view the abandoned products in the shopping cart of the customers from the backend of the Prestashop reduce cart abandoned extension.
- The Prestashop abandoned cart extension by Knowband enables the store merchant to analyze the store conversion rates by analyzing the converted carts.
- Prestashop Admin can analyze which products result in most shopping cart abandonment from the Prestashop email follow up addon backend.
- The Prestashop Abandoned cart has an interactive pie chart to compare the Abandoned and Converted carts.
- Interactive pie charts to compare the Abandoned and Converted amount.
- This Prestashop abandoned cart module by Knowband supports Multiple languages.
- Prestashop email follow up addon is compatible with every theme.
- Prestashop cart abandoned addon is desktop, mobile, and desktop responsive design.
- Prestashop email follow up addon is compatiable with GDPR module.
- Copy “abandonedcart” module folder under your “root_directory/modules” on your store via FTP or use Prestashop interface to upload the plugin. The contents of Abandoned cart addon folder are as shown below.
After the above step, you will be able to find the Prestashop abandoned cart addon ready to be installed in the “Modules” (Module Listing Page) in your Prestashop store admin panel as shown below.
For version 1.6 –
For version 1.7 –
- Click on install button to install the addon. After successful installation, the system will redirect you to module configuration page. And when you come back to module listing page, “install” button will be replaced by “Configure” button.
- If Prestashop email follow up module is not displaying on your module listing page, search it by filtering module with following details:
Keyword: Prestashop Abandoned Cart
Filter by: Installed & Not Installed/Enabled & Disabled
A. Email Id is not available(Guest customer)
B. If the cart does not satisfy the condition of serial reminders
- If the minimum cart value is greater than the abandoned cart value. For example, the minimum cart amount is $50 and the abandoned cart amount is $45. It will not send a reminder in this case.
- If the delay is set to one day, so the reminders will not be sent to the customers whose carts are abandoned for less than a day.
C. The Prestashop Abandoned cart email follow-up addon will not add the abandoned carts with the cart amount 0.00.
D. If you have not setup the Cron properly or if the Cron is not working.
There are two types of cron that run every hour.
1. Cron to update the Abandoned cart: This cron runs every hour.
For example, suppose if the cron runs at 11:05, 12:05…..and so on and you have set “Mark Abandoned Cart” as 1 hour. When cron runs at 11:05 it will add all the abandoned cart created between 9:05 to 10:05. If you have set “Mark Abandoned Cart” as 0 hours then it will add all the abandoned cart created between 10:05 to 11:05.
2. Cron to send a reminder email: This cron also runs after every hour.
For example, suppose the cron runs at 11:11, 12:11…..and so on and you have set the Reminder for 1 day. When cron runs at 11:11 then the emails will be sent to all the abandoned carts between 10:11 to 11:11 of the previous day. If you have set Reminder for 2 days then the emails will be sent to all the abandoned cart between 10:11 to 11:11 of the day before yesterday.
A cron is a service that allows a user to automatically execute a script at a specific time.
For example, you can set a particular PHP script to be automatically executed every day at midnight.
In order to set CRON for Abandoned Carts the following 2 URLs are supposed to be added to the crontab of your server:
Updating Abandoned Carts List
Sending Abandoned Cart Emails Automatically
You can find these exact URL in the admin panel of our module:
In order to set the CRON instructions, there are 3 proposed methods, all of them are described below:
1. By adding the ‘Cron tasks manager’ module in PrestaShop
– Login to the admin panel (or Back Office)
– Go to modules listing (Modules and Services ->Modules and Services)
– Search for ‘Cron Task Manager’ and click on ‘Configure’
– Click on ‘Add New’ task button as shown below
– A form will appear asking the details, just fill the form as shown below and click on ‘Submit’
– By the above steps, you have added the CRON job for ‘Updating Abandoned Carts List’.
– In order to configure the same for ‘Sending Abandoned Cart Emails Automatically’ you have to repeat all the steps above and just use the following URL:
2. By Cpanel
– Log in to your cPanel Interface.
– Go to ”Advanced’ section.
– Click on “Cron Jobs”.
– Select the specific time from the lists provided.
– You should enter the command to run in the “Command” field.
Note: Make sure to enter the proper command and the full path to the file.
3. By adding the CRON instructions to crontab of your server (through Terminal/SSH)
For this method to work you are supposed to have crontab on your server. In case it is not installed then please contact the hosting provider.
– Login to the terminal (or SSH) of your server
– Run following command: crontab -e
– It will list all the CRON jobs on the server in editing mode.
– Add the following lines to the crontab file:
5 * * * * curl https://www.yourstore.com/module/abandonedcart/cron?cron=update_carts&secure_key=<YOUR_SECURE_KEY>
11 * * * * curl https://www.yourstore.com/module/abandonedcart/cron?cron=send_mails&secure_key=<YOUR_SECURE_KEY>
These lines will execute the desired CRON Jobs every hour.
– Save the crontab file.
The Knowband Prestashop cart abandoned module configuration page will display following tabs to configure the module as desired:
- General Settings
- Email Templates
- Serial Reminders
- Abandoned Carts
- Converted Carts
- Other Plugins
Each interface is in form of a tab and each tab contains some specific settings that can be changed according to the need. Each tab is explained below.
The General Settings tab of Prestashop abandoned cart module has following options:
- Enable/Disable: Prestashop store admin can Enable or Disable Abandoned cart module. If disabled, the cart abandonment will not be tracked and no coupon codes will be sent to the customers. Apart from this, the user can not see the content in other tabs.
- Delete Customer Data on Delete Request: The Admin can enable the GDPR option. After enabling this option, the customer requests the admin to delete the data from their store. The Module deletes the subscriber details automatically.
Note: If you are using the official GDPR module then you must need to enable this setting. The main purpose of this feature is export and deletes user data on PrestaShop GDPR module request. It is also compatible with Prestashop GDPR Module developed by Knowband.
- Delay: The Delay time of Prestashop abandoned cart email follow up extension by Knowband is the time period after which the cart will be assumed to abandoned. Admin can mark the days after which the addon is assumed abandoned.
- Enable Auto Email: This feature of Prestashop Abandoned cart recovery email addon will allow admin to schedule (Cron Setup) coupon email sending task or not.
- Testing Mode: Admin also has a Test mode feature to test the working of the module before making it live. Add an email to the test mode section and mark abandoned cart to 0 days and 0 hours to see the working of the Prestashop abandoned cart email follow up addon.
The Email Template tab of the Prestashop abandoned cart addon by Knowband has is the format of the email that will be sent to the customers. This field of Prestashop reduce cart abandoned module contains some placeholders whose values will be replaced when the email will be sent.
Prestashop abandoned cart addon offers 20 readymade email templates that can be sent to the customers. 10 with discount and 10 without discount.
Prestashop store admin can even add and customize N number of email templates form the back-end of the Prestashop email follow up module.
Discount Follow up Email Template will contain the information about the Abandoned products along with the coupon details like coupon discount, Coupon code, validity etc.
On choosing the template type the form for the email template will appear, this form will have the default template content by default and the Prestashop admin can change it as desired and then click on “Save” button to save the changes.
Prestashop Admin can also choose the type of cart template which he/she wants to use the email template. This Prestashop cart abandoned addon are 10 different cart templates which the admin can use to make the templates look good.
Non Discount Email Template will contain the information about the Abandoned products. These emails are used as a follow up to the customers who abandon the shopping carts.
After saving the email template, it will appear at the bottom of the list of email templates and to edit or translate the same the Prestashop admin has to click on the edit link in front of that email template.
Once the email template is added the admin has to translate it, if there are any other languages (other than English) in the system by clicking on the edit button in front of the email template and choosing the desired translation language.
The Prestashop abandoned cart addon by Knowband provides an only English translation of the email templates, the admin has to manually translate the templates to any other language is required.
There are two types of reminders that can be added to the Knowband Prestashop cart abandoned cart addon:
- Reminder with discount (This type of reminder contains a discount coupon with a discount type email template attached to it).
- Reminder without discount (This type of reminder is just a regular follow up to the customer about the abandoned cart and have a non-discount type email template attached to it).
In the “Serial Reminders” tab the Prestashop admin can add various reminders (both discount and non-discount) as desired. This tab contains a list of all the serial reminders present in the system.
Prestashop store admin can edit or remove any reminder by clicking on the Edit or Remove action button in front of the reminder.
On clicking on the button, you’ll get a pop-up as shown below:
Template Name: The templates created in the Email Template tab of Prestashop abandoned cart module by Knowband will be listed here. Select any one from the drop-down list.
Discount Type: This field of Prestashop abandoned cart email follow up extension allows the admin to select any one option from, Percentage or Fixed type.
Discount Value: This field of Prestashop abandoned cart addon by Knowband enables the admin to enter the discount amount or percentage that you want to offer.
Min. Cart Amount: In this field of Prestashop cart abandoned addon by Knowband, the store seller will have to enter the minimum cart amount required to avail the offer.
Coupon Validity: This field of Prestashop abandoned cart module offers the admin to enter the number of days for which the coupons will be valid.
Allow Free Shipping: Select whether you want to allow free shipping or not.
Status: Select Enabled this option of Prestashop abandoned cart addon, if you want to enable this serial reminder.
Delay: This field of Prestahsop email follow up extension provides the admin to enter the number of days, from the day when the customer added the product in his/her cart, after which this reminder will be sent.
Abandoned cart tab contains a list of all the abandoned shopping carts on your store. The syncing of the list is done through Cron Instruction on the basis of the delay time set for abandoned cart by the admin.
The list can also be synced by clicking on the “Refresh” button at the top of the list.
The list contains pagination and several filters as well to sort and view the list more efficiently.
View Coupon Details
The details of the coupon sent to the customer can be seen by clicking on the “Coupon Details” link in front of the abandoned cart.
Send Follow up EMail without Coupon
By clicking on the bell icon of this Prestahsop abandoned cart addon, the admin can send reminder regarding the products saved in the cart of the customers. On clicking the same a pop-up will appear having all the fields that will be sent in the follow-up email.
Send follow up EMail with Coupon
To send the follow-up email to the customer regarding the shopping cart abandonment with a discount coupon the admin has to click on the “Gift Icon” in front of the desired abandoned cart. On clicking the same a pop-up will appear having all the fields that will be sent in the follow-up email.
View Cart Details
To view the details about the abandoned cart the admin has to click on the “Cart Icon” in front of the desired cart. A pop-up will appear having all the details of the cart.
Delete Abandoned Cart
To delete any abandoned cart the admin has to click on the “Remove Button” in front of the desired cart. A confirmation pop-up will appear asking for confirmation of the deletion, once confirmed the abandoned cart will be gone forever.
The Conversion Rate tab of Prestashop abandoned cart addon by Knowband, enlists all converted orders for registered customers or we can say that the abandoned carts for whom order has been placed after the reminder mail are sent.
Note: Abandoned cart is considered as converted only if the customer places an order for that cart after a reminder mail has been sent.
The Analytics tab of Prestashop email follow up module shows the overall insights of the store in a graphical interface.
This graph of Prestashop Abandoned cart recovery email addon by Knowband shows do-nut chart which will display, the percentage of abandoned shopping carts on the store and percentage of abandoned shopping carts converted into orders.
This chart of Prestashop abandoned cart addon by Knowband gives the overview of the total abandoned carts vs the carts converted and the amount abandoned vs the amount converts in given time span.
This Prestashop abandoned cart addon by Knowband tab contains several questions (with answers to them) that are asked by our customers. We recommend you to go through the questions before raising any ticket for this addon.
In case you want to give any suggestions for some new features to be included in the new version of this Knowband Prestashop cart abandoned module than you can use this tab.
This Prestashop email follow up by Knowband tab redirects to our developer page having list of other plugins developed by us. If you like this Knowband Prestashop abandoned cart addon than you can try our other addons as well.
– If Prestashop Abandoned cart email follow-up addon is not working after installation then please check permissions on modules folder. The folder should be writable. Please make the folder permission to 755.
– It is necessary to add the CRON instructions to your cron without that this Prestashop abandoned cart addon is not as useful.
– Make sure that the Cart Re-Display Setting (Preferences -> Customers -> Cart re-display at login) is ON otherwise the Prestashop email follow up addon will not work as expected.
Liked This? You’ll Like These Too
- A PrestaShop Module to Divert Abandoned Carts towards Conversions
- Checkout Module for Reducing Shopping Cart Abandonments and Better Conversions
- Get your abandoned customers back to your E- commerce store with this Prestashop Plugin
- Prestashop Abandoned Cart
- PrestaShop Abandoned Cart Module for Higher Conversion on your PrestaShop Store