PrestaShop Preferred Delivery Time addon lets customers choose their desired delivery date and time on the checkout page.
When a customer places an order, they get an estimated delivery time like 2-3 days. Neither there is surety about the arrival date nor the timing. We just assume and hope for the order to deliver within the expected time.
Due to this, many times, customers are not able to pick up their orders due to their non-availability at the time of delivery.
Let’s talk about a different scenario. Sometimes, customers want to receive the order at a specific time, like on occasions like the birthday of their loved ones, so that they could gift them at the perfect time arrives.
In such cases, providing customers with the option to choose a specific date and time slot for the order delivery becomes highly important. And this is exactly what the PrestaShop Preferred Delivery Time module does.
PrestaShop Preferred Delivery Date and Time module allows customers to choose a date and a time slot as per their desire so that they could get the item on their specified time.
1. Let customers select the desired delivery date and time
2. Set a minimum delivery gap between the order placement date and preferred delivery date
3. Define the delivery time interval [Start time and End time]
4. Split up the time in multiple slots by defining a fixed time range for a particular slot.
5. Specify non-delivery days
6. Option to update delivery date and time even after placing an order
1. In the shipping section, the user is asked to pick his/her desired date and time slot for the order delivery. This can also be made optional hence allowing shoppers to follow the standard delivery procedure if they do not wish to choose a preferred delivery date and time.
This can be configured by enabling or disabling the “Allow to select preferred delivery.” Keeping it enabled will make the process mandatory. Disabling the option will make it mandatory for a customer to choose a date and time slot.
2. PrestaShop Preferred Delivery Date addon lets you define the time interval within which you deliver the orders. For example, it can be from 9 am to 6 pm or 10 am to 5 pm.
3. PrestaShop Preferred Delivery Time slot addon lets you split the time interval into multiple time slots. You just have to define a time slot range. For example, if the delivery happens in between 9 am to 6 pm in a day is and the time slot range is 1 hour, then a customer would be provided with time slots like 9 to 10, 10 to 11, 11 to 13 and so on till 5 to 6.
4. In such cases where time slots do not adjust well with the delivery timing, for example, let’s say the delivery time is between 10 to 3 and time slot defined is 2 hours, then 12 to 12 would be fine, 12 to 2 would be too. But then we would be left with only 1 hour right? How does that get fit into this?
Well, inside the configuration, there’s an option that says “Allow incomplete time range.” Enabling it would display that remaining 1-hour slot in the time slot else it would not be displayed if disabled.
5. You can define a minimum delivery gap for a customer to pick the desired delivery date and time. For example, if the order is placed on the 26th of March and the delivery gap defined by the admin is 4 days, then the customers would be allowed to pick the desired date and time for or after the 30th of March.
6. You can also set the maximum delivery period. For example, if the defined period is 30 days, then the shopper would have to pick a date and time from 30 days of the order placement date.
7. PrestaShop Preferred Delivery Date and Time addon lets you specify the non-delivery days.
8. With the help of the PrestaShop Preferred Delivery time slot module, you can also allow your customers to update their delivery date and time even after they have placed their order.
9. Notify customers about the preferred delivery date and time slot in the order confirmation mail as well.
1 Enhance the customer shopping experience.
2. Improve customer loyalty by delivering the product on the desired date and time.
3. By providing customers with the option to pick up a desired date and time slot, you can ask customers to pay a small charge for this facility, if possible.
For any kind of assistance with this module, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org