Google Analytics is a free Google service that allows the webmasters and site administrators to monitor their websites traffic and conversion rates. Magento supports two type of tracking:
- Page View tracking: List the origin from which your store visitors linked to your store.
- E-commerce tracking: List the customers that make purchase and they buy.
Things to do before setting Google Analytics
Create an account by signing-up for Google analytics. You can sign-up
using the below mentioned url.
You will receive an account number, save it as it will be needed for the magento configuration.
For setting up Google analytics in magento, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the back-end of your store and hover your cursor on the System menu and then click on the Configuration option.
|System Menu(menu bar)>>Configuration|
- On the page that opens, click on Google Api under Sales option.
- Now expand the Google Analytics section:
- Choose the Yes option from the Enable drop-down menu.
- Enter the Account number provided to you while signing-up for google analytics.
Click on save config button, the Google analytic code will be added to your site.
You Might Also Like: