Are you are planning on using a new Google account on your Android device, but your apps are published to another Google Play account? Publishing an app on Google Play Store isn’t easy so it’s better to transfer already published apps(with previous account) to the new account. As a pre-requisite, you will need both (old and new) active Developer accounts info and a Google App Transfer Form for the job. Now, let’s find out how you can move Android app to a new account in a few simple steps:
Step 1: Find your app package:
- Login to your original Google Play Developer account from here.
- From the list of all applications, find yours and select it.
- On the next page, there will be the name of your app on the top of the screen. The package name of our application will be right below the name in the form of “example.app”.
Step 2: Find the transaction ID for the Original Developer account
- Login on your Google Payment Center account with the original developer account credentials.
- Next page will have a section on Subscriptions and services, open View purchases to find one of your purchases and click the transaction with the title “Google – Google Play”.
- A transaction receipt will slide in from the right side. You can find the transaction ID of your purchase here.
Step 3: Obtain the transaction ID for the Target Developer Account
- This time, login to your Google Payment Center account with target developer account credentials.
- Again find the Subscriptions and services option, open View purchases to find one of your purchases and click the transaction with the title “Google – Google Play”.
Step 4: Developer name for your target account
- Login to Google Play developer account with target account info.
- In the left side menu, open the Settings
- At the top of the Settings page, you will find your “Developer name”.
Note: If you want to use the same name in the new account as you were using in the old one, change the name of your initial account first. After that update the name on your target account.
Step 5: Integrate Google Analytics
- Sign-in to Google Analytics.
- Select Admin and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
- In the Account, Property, or View column (depending upon whether you want to add the user at the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
- Then under Add permissions for, enter the email address for the user’s Google Account.
- Select the permissions you want. (Learn more about permissions)
- Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you’re adding.
- Click Add.
Step 6: Integrate Google Play Developer Console projects:
- Login into your Google Developer account. and click on Manage resources as shown below.
- Select all the projects available on the list. Add new target email account with owner.
Step 7: Integrate your Firebase Account:
- Login to your Google Firebase account and enter the valid credentials.
- Select the Users and permission.
- Click on Manage resources as shown below.
- On the next page, select all the projects and add new target account mail with a role of an owner.
Step 8: Submit your transfer request
After completing the previous step, fill up the App Transfer Form by providing the email addresses of both original and target developer accounts.
Once you fill out the form with all the gathered information, you will be allowed to submit the request. Google usually takes around 48 hours to review and process your request.
Creating a perfect mobile app requires a lot of efforts and so is its distribution. So, for any reason if you are changing your Google Play account, transfer your apps easily to the new account with above mentioned steps. Also, while app submission on Google Play Store, often they get rejected for some reasons. Find few such android app rejections reasons along with their solutions.
At Knowband, we provide no-code mobile app solutions for all the major eCommerce platforms like Prestashop, Opencart, Magento, Magento 2, and Woocommerce.
One thought on “How to move Android App from one Google Play Store account to another?”
Can you please tell me that is transferring an app from one account to another includes any charges?