Blogging holds a key importance in the field of business promotion and marketing as they help in keeping customers engaged to a website. People who visit a particular website like to navigate across some of the common sections of a site like home page, category pages, About Us, blogs and other such areas. It is important to add new updated content from time to time on your site to build a loyal army of readers that are ready to engage with you on a professional business front.
When it comes to blogging, WordPress is one of the most popular CMS platform that was originally developed for the blogging purposes. It is much easier to add a blog, make changes and include special elements like images, links, text formatting on WordPress that makes it all the more important as a blogging environment. Earlier, Magento store owners were in grave trouble as they were unable to acquire the unmatched blogging features of WordPress platform on their Magento site. However, now everything is going to change with the emergence of this Magento Blog extension from Knowband store that allows site owners to integrate WordPress platform into their Magento site.
Before we go further and help you with the integration of WordPress platform into the Magento store, it is important to understand the benefits of this integration for your Magento site.
- The integration helps in utilizing the features of WordPress platform and Magento functionalities in an eCommerce store.
- It helps in improving the SEO performance of products on an eCommerce store.
- This integration allows site owners to make use of the best features of any of the platforms such as static blocks, navigation menus and cart related data.
- It helps in promoting the products from a Magento site by providing the direct links on the WordPress blogs.
- The integration offers single login options for avoiding barriers in order completion and optimizing the Magento user experience for better sales.
Steps to be followed during the installation of this Magento blog extension
If you are thinking about adding a blog into your Magento site, I will recommend you to go for Magento Blog extension from Knowband store. This extension can make blog addition on a Magento site a seamless task. In case, you are experiencing any issue about how to utilize the functionalities of this Knowband extension, check out the simple installation steps mentioned below:
1. Ensure that the cache is disabled-
For a Magento store owner, it is important to disable the caching for improving the user experience of customers. If you are experiencing any problem in the performance of this Magento Blog extension, it is important to check out the cache settings on the Magento site is disabled. In case, the caching is not disabled on a Magento store, here are the simple steps that need to be performed for the same.
– The site admin first needs to log into the back end of the Magento store.
– Now, he/she should navigate the path Systems -> Cache Management.
– The admin needs to select all the cache and then click on the ‘disable’ option drop the drop down menu.
– Finally, it is time to save the changes done on the back end of the site.
2. Check that the Compilation mode on the Magento back end is disabled-
To ensure a flawless working of the Magento Blog extension, it is essential to have a clear view that the compilation mode on the site is disabled. For performing this task on a Magento site, here are the simple steps that needs to be followed.
– First login to the back end of your Magento site through the required credentials.
– Now, follow the path System -> Tools -> Compilation from the admin panel.
– Check that the compiler status is “Disabled” or not.
– If it is not disabled, click on the required “Disable” button located on the right hand side of the screen.
3. Other arbitrary requirements of the installation- Apart from the changes done in the back end of the Magento console, there are other things that can influence the performance of a Magento Blog extension on a site. Here are the certain things to be considered.
– Check all the required files of the extension are present.
– Provide FTP access to your Magento site.
– Although, we can use the Connect Manager tool for the installation of a Magento extension. I would recommend you to go for the manual installation in order to control the entire installation process.
– If the performance of the installed blog extension from Knowband store does not seem appropriate, it is time to take a quick look on the package.xml file in the app- code directory. This particular file is used by the Magento Connect to arrange the files at their proper place. After carefully reviewing the extension files on your Magento store, it is time to use the FTP client for bringing all the required files onto the store root of the Magento instance.
– For ensuring the proper addition of pages on the Magento admin console, ensure that you have clicked on “Flush Cache Storage”. It is also recommended to log in and log out of your site for the better installation and loading of the required extension files. In case, there is some problem that arises during the clearing of the cache through admin console, it is advised to take the help of FTP client .
– With these steps, the required Magento Blog extension will be installed in a seamless manner. Once installed, user can locate the folder named as “knowband_wordpress” and can rename it based on his/her choice.
Once, all these crucial steps are implemented without any problem, Magento site owners are now better prepared to integrate WordPress platform into their site for improved blogging experience. If you are eager to include blogs on your Magento site in a coherent manner, it is time to install this Magento Blog extension at the earnest level. Visit the Knowband site at www.knowband.com and equip yourself with the ability to integrate WordPress blogs on your Magento site.