OpenCart Preferred Delivery Time Extension allows your customers to choose the desired delivery date and time on the checkout page.
When a customer places an order, the estimated delivery time is usually 3-4 days. Since they are not sure about the exact arrival date and time, they have to adjust their other plans accordingly. Because of this, many times, customers miss out on the order pick up when it arrives.
Besides, there are times when customers want the order to get delivered at a certain time, mostly seen in the cases of birthday gifts.
In such cases, if you can provide customers with the option to choose a fixed date and time for the order delivery, they will rejoice. OpenCart Preferred Delivery Time module does exactly that.
OpenCart Preferred Delivery Date and Time extension allows customers to choose a date and a time slot on the checkout page as per their desire so that they could get the item on their specified day.
1. Allow customers to select the desired delivery date and time
2. Set a minimum delivery gap between the order placement date and preferred delivery date
3. Define the delivery time interval [Start time and End time]
4. Set up multiple delivery slots
5. Specify non-delivery days
6. Customers can update the delivery date and time even after placing the order
1. On the checkout page (delivery method), the user is asked to pick his/her desired date and time slot for the order delivery. This can also be made optional hence allowing shoppers to follow the standard delivery procedure if they do not wish to choose a preferred delivery date and time. In the module configurations, admin can choose “Yes or No” for the “Preferred delivery day is mandatory” option.
2. OpenCart Preferred Delivery Date Extension lets you define the time interval within which the order delivery will take place. For example, it can be from 9 am to 5 pm or 10 am to 6 pm.
3. OpenCart Preferred Delivery Time slot Extension lets you set up multiple time slots by specifying the time slot range. For example, if the delivery happens between 9 am to 6 pm in a day is and the time slot range is 2 hours, then a customer would be provided with time slots like 9 to 11, 11 to 1, 1 to 3 and so on.
4. In such cases where time slots do not adjust well with the delivery timing, for example, let’s say the delivery time is between 10 to 3 and time slot defined is 2 hours, then 10 to 12, 12 to 2 would be too. But then we would be left with only 1 hour right? How does that get fit into this?
Well, inside the configuration, there’s an option that says “Allow incomplete time range.” Enabling it would display that remaining 1-hour slot in the time slot else it would not be displayed if disabled.
5. You can define a minimum delivery gap for a customer to pick the desired delivery date and time. For example, if the order is placed on 1stth of April and the delivery gap defined by the admin is 4 days, then the customers would be allowed to pick the desired date and time for or after the 4th of April.
6. You can also specify the maximum delivery period. For example, if the defined period is 30 days, then the shopper would have to pick a date and time from 30 days of the order placement date.
7. OpenCart Preferred Delivery Date and Time Extension lets you specify the days on which delivery won’t take place.
8. With the help of this module, you can also allow your customers to update their delivery date and time even after they have placed their order. You can also set the time limit (in hours) within which the changes can be made.
9. You can specify the order status on which change in the delivery date and time would be applicable.
10. OpenCart Preferred Delivery Date and Time extension also lets you notify customers regarding any info if they update their delivery date.
1. Improve customer shopping experience.
2. Gain customer loyalty by delivering the product on the desired date and time.
3. Easy to install and configure.
For any kind of assistance with this module, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org