Both Magento 1 and Magento 2 provides different payment methods in order to allow you to accept the payment using different payment gateway like PayPal etc. The users/clients can also pay through credit cards, visa, master-card, check or money and other payment methods. In this tutorial, we will discuss how to configure payment methods in Magento 2 and Magento 1 store.
To configure payment methods in Magento, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the back-end of your store and hover your cursor on the System menu and then click on the Configuration option.
- System Menu (menu bar)>>Configuration
- On the page that opens, scroll down to Sales option and click on the Payment methods option.
- Payment Method option will let you choose which payment methods your store will accept.
- On the page that opens, you can:
- Set the merchant location.
- Turn on and off the verification and validation of cards.
- Choose the cards for payments.
- Enable/Disable checks and money orders.
- Set up PayPal payments.
- Enable/Disable Cash on Delivery etc.
- After selecting the payment methods and gateways, click on save config option.
In this way, you can configure payment methods in Magento.
( Note: All payment methods have different configurations, so it is very difficult to explain in detail how to configure each one of them. You can simply follow the instructions on their specific pages ).
Magento 2 by default offers 6 payment methods. In order to configure the payment methods, follow the steps mentioned-below:
Go to the main menu of the Dashboard of Magento 2. Navigate to Store -> Configuration.
You will find the list of the default payment methods here.
Expand the payment option that you want to enable in your store. You will get some configuration options for each payment method. For instance, if you want to enable Bank transfer Payment, then, expand it. Enter the required information in order to configure it. The various required field for this particular payment method is mentioned below:
Enable – Enable/disable bank transfer payment method.
Title – Enter a title that will be shown in frontend to your customers.
New Order Status – Set order status after using this payment method.
Payment from applicable countries – Select countries where you want to show and allow this particular payment method.
Payment from Specific Countries – If you want to allow this payment method in only some countries of the world, then, select those specific countries here.
Instructions – Allow the customers to enter additional information like pay to your bank account, bank details need to be shown. You can specify these bank details in this section.
Minimum Order Total – Set the minimum order amount to qualify for using this payment method.
Maximum Order Total – Set the maximum order amount to limit for using this payment method.
Sort Order – Specify the positions of listing all the options in an order. The method with 0 will show first and others in ascending orders.
After successfully configuring each setting, click Save Config.
You can also configure other default payment methods in a similar way. For configuring shipping methods in your Magento store, click here.