Prestashop eBay Integration addon by Knowband is the solution if you are planning to integrate your Prestashop store with eBay Marketplace.
Headquartered in San Jose, California, eBay is a multinational eCommerce corporation that popular as an online auction and shopping site. It facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales and offers an easy and customizable interface for the sellers across the globe to list and sell their products effortlessly. eBay operates in over 30 nations. The product listing of eBay combines 800+ million product listings that are not just unique but are even coupled with great deals. eBay is a marketplace where people around the world connect to sell and buy different seller products which would help store owners to increase the scale and reach to customers.
The Prestashop store owners can now sell their products in the eBay marketplace with the help of Knowband’s eBay integrator. Prestashop eBay marketplace integration module integrates Prestashop Store with eBay Marketplace. The store admin can now perform various operations in the marketplace which includes product listings, category mapping, orders listing, etc with the help of Prestashop eBay Marketplace Integration Extension.
- The eBay Prestashop Integration addon makes it easier for the e-sellers to sell their products on the popular marketplace.
- The eBay Prestashop integration module offers a profile-based listing that allows the store admin to list the product in the marketplace in bulk.
- The products can be added, removed or relisted from the back-end of the eBay Prestashop integrator.
- The automated approach of the eBay Prestashop integration plugin makes inventory management effortless.
- The admin gets an option to offer desired shipping methods to the marketplace customers from the back-end of the eBay Prestashop integration module.
- The admin can sync the orders received from the marketplace into their Prestashop site. The change in the order status can be synced back to the ebay.com.
- With easy inventory and order management of eBay Prestashop integrator, the online merchants get to tap the larger audience base with the least effort.
- The eBay Prestashop integration addon lists the error that occurs while listing the products.
After purchasing the Prestashop eBay Integration module, you will get the following files as listed below:
1. Zipped file with the source code of the eBay Prestashop integration module.
2. User Manual
Follow the following steps to install the extension:
1. Unzip the zip file. It would contain files and folders as shown below –
2. Copy all the files and folders of the unzipped folder into your store “Modules” directory on the path – Root Directory/modules/.
3. Now Prestashop eBay Connector is ready to be installed on your store and you can find that in Store Admin -> Modules and Services.
In case, you are not able to find eBay Prestashop Connector in admin modules list, please try searching module with following details –
Keyword – ebay Marketplace Integration
Author – Knowband
Category – Marketplace
Filter By – Installed & Not Installed / Enabled & Disabled
4. Click on the “Install” button to install the Prestashop eBay Integration module. It would show a pop-up for your confirmation. Click on “Proceed with the installation” option. This step will install the module and show notification – “Module(s) installed successfully”.
Before proceeding ahead, it is important to know that what is the correct flow of actions to set up this system as several things are dependent on other things and if we do not take care of them then it would become difficult to process smoothly or maybe error-prone.
To start selling on Ebay Marketplace you need to have a seller account on Ebay. In this section, we are listing all the steps to create a seller account on Ebay. Please find them below –
- Click on the “Register” button for registration.
- After filling valid data click on the “join” button. You will be redirected to the application creation page.
- Enter the application name and click on create key set under the Production section, a new form will be opened.
- Enter the details and click on Continue to create Keys.
- The application keys will be shown.
- To create user token, click on User Tokens link in the above image.
- Click on Sign in to Production to get a token.
- Fill the details and click on “Sign in to eBay to get a Token’”.
- Sign-in into already created eBay account or register as shown below:
- On clicking Sign in and filling details you will be redirected to your ebay.
To Get a token from Ebay via your application
- To create user token, click on User Tokens link in the below image.
- Click on Get a Token from Ebay Via Your Application
- Click on add ebay redirect URL and fill the form and save.
- On clicking I agree from right side form, you will be redirected to the authentication page
1. All products having default categories as the selected categories for the profile will be listed on Ebay.
2. By default free shipping will be added to products, Shipping details for listing will be
- Shipping Service:- UPSGround
- Shipping Type:- Flat
- It can be changed from the eBay account.
3. By default, the return policy will be added. Policy details are:-
- RefundOption – MoneyBack
- Days – 30 days
- Description-If you are not satisfied, return the item for refund
- ShippingCostPaidBy – Buyer
- It can also be changed from the eBay account.
4. Ebay account of admin is connected to the PayPal account.
The Prestashop eBay Integration plugin offers several easy configuration options. These options are discussed in detail below:
The very steps involve connecting your store with the eBay Marketplace. Go to Module and Settings of the admin interface of the Prestashop eBay API Integration module. You’ll find your module as shown below:
Each field for the configuration panel of eBay Prestashop integrator is explained below:-
This is an on/off switch. Admin has the option to Activate/Deactivate the module. If enabled, then only this module and all its settings will be working otherwise there will be no impact of this module on the store.
- Dev Id
This is a text field. In this field, you will have to input Dev Id of the eBay account. Dev Id can be found by signing in in the eBay developer account.
- App Id
This is a text field. In this field, you will have to input the App id of ebay account. App ID can be found as shown in the above image.
- Cert Id
This is a text field. In this field, you will have to input the Cert Id of ebay account. Cert Id can be found as shown in the above image
- RU Name
This is a text field. In this field you will have to input RU Name of ebay account.Ru name can be found in the tab for Getting a Token from Ebay Via Your Application after adding a redirect URL.
- Token listing link
Using this link you can generate and assign token for each country separately. After clicking on this link you will be directed to a page where all the countries will be listed as shown below:
Click on Edit button to add token and enable the country:
In this field, you will have to input the Auth Token of ebay account. To get user token you need to click on Sign into Production as shown in the below image.
Sign in to the account from the form below:-
- Paypal Email
This is a text field. You have to enter a valid PayPal mail id for will all listing will be done.
1. Login to your ebay Seller account.
2. Click on account settings from top left dropdown an click on Paypal account.
3. Now Sign up or link your already created PayPal account with the eBay seller account.
On clicking Sign Up, you will be a redirection to PayPal account creation page. Just create a profile by filling details and link it with your seller account.
The Prestashop eBay Integrator menu contains the following options:
- General Settings
- Profiles Management
- Orders Management
- Orders Status
- Products Listing
- Shipping Template Management
Each tab of the Prestashop eBay integration module is explained in detail below.
The Profile Management tab of the Prestashop eBay integrator provides options to create a profile for product listing. In this section, the admin will be able to map the eBay category with the Prestashop store category and other product listing details can be saved.
Following are the steps to add Profile into the system –
Step 1: Goto the Ebay -> Profiles Management(Menu Option)
Step 2: It would redirect admin to a page where already added profiles will be listed (If any). Click on the “+” (plus icon as shown in the screenshot below) and it would redirect admin to a new page where a form with some input fields will be shown.
Select eBay Site: The Prestashop eBay API integrator allows you to connect your site with the various eBay marketplace across the globe. Select the site from the given list.
Select Currency: The Prestashop eBay Marketplace Integration Extension offers multi-currency support. Select the currency corresponding to the selected eBay site in this section.
Select Language: The Prestashop eBay integrator offers multi-lingual support. Select the desired language from the drop-down menu.
Select Shipping Profile: The shipping profiles created in the Shipping tab will be listed in this section of the eBay Prestashop API Integrator. Select the option that suits your requirements.
Profile Name: Enter a unique name for the Profile.
Select the eBay category: The drop-down menu lists out the eBay categories in which the products are to be listed. The Prestashop store admin can select the eBay category and the products will be mapped in the selected one with the help of Prestashop eBay Marketplace Integration.
Store category: Select store categories that you want to map with the eBay category. All the products of this category will then be mapped in the selected category of eBay with the help of the Prestashop eBay Marketplace Integration module.
Duration: Select the duration for which the product is to be listed.
Product Condition: Dropdown to select product condition i.e. New or Used etc.
Product Description Template: Enter the product description for the creation of a template.
Alter Quantity: Enter the quantity of the products that will be listed on eBay.
Price Management: Prestashop eBay Integration Plugin enables the admin to sell the products at eBay Marketplace at different prices.
Increase or Decrease price: With eBay Prestashop API Integrator, the online merchant can increase or decrease the price value from the backend of their Prestashop store.
Price Value: The store owner can enter the amount value that he wants to increase or decrease in the price value of products at the Marketplace.
Percentage or Fixed: Prestashop eBay API Integration Module allows the admin to change the price value of the product at the Marketplace by a fixed amount or a percentage value.
Max. Product Dispatch Time: Enter the maximum expected dispatch time of the mapped products.
Return: Enable the button if you want to provide the return option on the products to your customers.
Return Description: Enter the return description.
Return Within: Enter the days within which the return could be done.
Refund will be given as: Enter the mode of refund.
Return shipping will be paid by: Select the person who will pay the return shipping from the list.
Choose Payment Methods: Select the payment methods from the various options listed in this section.
Once you fill-up the form and save the general settings, you need to add the specifications related to the category selected in the Specifics tab. Enter the attributes of the same as shown in the image below and save the changes.
Step 4: Click Save, all data will be validated and saved if valid and Profile will be created in the completed state.
Following are the steps to edit profile –
1. Goto the eBay Marketplace -> Profiles Management (Menu Option)
2. It would redirect admin to a page where already added profiles will be listed (If any, shown in the screenshot below).
3. Click on the “Edit” button corresponding to each profile as shown in the above screenshot.
4. It would redirect the admin to a new page where a form with some already filled input fields will be shown. Admin can simply update values and save the details by clicking on the “Save” button.
Following are the steps to enable/disable profile created in the Prestashop eBay integration extension-
3. To disable the Profile, the admin has to click check the option under the active column for the table.
4. The green check sign shows that the profile is active. To deactivate it, click on the Deactivate button as shown below.
Note:- Disabling profile will end all the listed products from eBay listing and admin will have to relist them once the profile is again enabled.
Prestashop eBay integration plugin allows the store admin to sync the orders received from the marketplace. Once the orders are imported, they can be processed from the back-end of the Prestashop eBay integration module.
1. Go to the eBay Integration-> Orders Management(Menu Option)
2. All the orders from eBay will be listed here.
To sync the orders from the eBay marketplace to the Prestashop store, execute Sync eBay Orders cron present on the top right corner.
3. Click on view to see order details and update the status of the order.
Order Status tab of the Prestashop eBay integration plugin can map the order statuses updated by the store admin with the eBay Marketplace order statuses.
Following are the steps to map order status –
1. Go to the eBay Marketplace -> Order Status (Menu Option)
2. It would display a page the same as shown in the above screenshot.
3. Admin has to map Store Order Statuses with the eBay Marketplace Order Statuses – Default, Paid and Shipped.
Once the status is changed, execute the Update Order Status cron in the Orders Management tab. The changes will be synced in the marketplace as well. (See section 6.3)
1. Default status means that the first status of order when it is placed on the store.
2. Paid status means that order payment has been made and accepted.
3. Shipped status means that ordered items have been shipped.
There are the following options available corresponding to each product listing:
- Disable the Product
This tab enables admin to disable the product from the backend of the module. After disabling the product, it will not be shown on the front-end of the Marketplace. It can be only visible after enabling the product from the backend.
- Product Listing Relisting
This option offered by eBay Prestashop integrator allows admin to relist products in case listing is expired on Ebay Marketplace. To relist the product, the admin has to click on “Relist” action given in bulk actions.
- Product Listing Revision
If any update is done in product details then by default it will be marked as updated and if cron is set for this action then it will be sent for revision. If admin manually wants to send products for revision then he can mark the product and click on “revise” from bulk actions.
- Individual Product Synchronization
This feature enables admin to sync the products one by one (Along with bulk sync option at the top right corner). By this, admin can filter out the products that need not be shown on the front end of the eBay Marketplace.
- View Errors
This feature enables admin to view errors in the product. Admin can simply click on the View Error button and the error would be displayed on the screen.
- Visit eBay Product Page from the backend
This feature provides an option to go to the eBay product page from the module product page directly. For that, admin has to click on the eBay ID and he would on the eBay Product page as shown below
- Adding products from the product listings tab
If you want to add a product in the product listing tab, the admin has to create a profile of the product in the Profile section of the module. (read section 6.2.1) There you will get a step by step procedure of creating a profile and adding the product in the products listing tab.
Different statues in the filter of the product listing
- New: After applying this filter, admin can view the new products listed on the Marketplace.
- Listed: After applying this filter, admin can view the listed products listed on the Marketplace.
- Updated: After applying this filter, admin can view the updated products listed on the Marketplace.
- Relist: After applying this filter, admin can view the relist products listed on the Marketplace.
The Prestashop eBay Integrator allows the Prestashop admin to create N number of domestic and international shipping methods.
Click on the ‘+’ sign in the top right portion of the Prestashop eBay Integration extension to create a new shipping method.
Once you click here, you’ll be redirected to an interface. Fill up the form as mentioned below:
Select eBay Site: Select the eBay site in which you want to include the shipping option.
Service Type: Select the service type for shipping.
Shipping Profile Name: Enter a unique name for the shipping profile.
International Shipping Allowed: Enable the button if you want to allow international shipping with this shipping method.
Exclude Location: Select the location that you want to exclude from availing the shipping option.
6.6.2 How to Edit/Delete Shipping methods created in the back-end of the Prestashop eBay Integration Module?
The store admins can even edit or delete the shipping as per the requirement from the backend of the Prestashop eBay Integrator.
To do so, click on the Edit and Delete button respectively as shown in the image below.
Once the shipping methods are created admin can either import or export the shipping methods to eBay Marketplace.
This tab adds the following CRONS to Control panel/SSH to synchronize data between your store and eBay Marketplace automatically.
This action will prepare the PrestaShop products to sync on eBay i.e sync products from the PrestaShop store to eBay Module.
This action will sync the PrestaShop products to eBay. Products of only those categories will be synced on eBay which is mapped under the profile section of the module.
This action will update the product information (including quantity, price, etc) on eBay which has been updated into the PrestaShop.
This action will relist those products on eBay which has been ended on eBay and marked to relist on the product listing page of the eBay module.
This action will pull the latest product listing report from eBay and update the listing status of the products into the module.
This action will pull the orders from eBay and will add them to PrestaShop.
If eBay orders are marked as shipped on PrestaShop, this order will mark as shipped on eBay.
Prestashop eBay Integration Module Link: https://www.knowband.com/prestashop-ebay-marketplace-integration
Prestashop eBay Marketplace Integration Extension Demo Link: http://etsydemo.knowband.com/admin1/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=65a1774dc398acef89fb108a105fe74c&redirect=AdminModules
Buy the Prestashop eBay Integrator from the Addon store: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/marketplaces/26601-knowband-ebay-marketplace-integration.html
Watch the video of Prestashop eBay Integration Plugin:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any query or custom change request as per your business requirement.
Find out some more related stories: