OpenCart Exit Popup is an addon which when enabled shows a popup in the front website whenever the customer tries to leave the web page from the upper side. The front popup values and functionality can be changed from the admin panel. Admin can also set the cookie life to make the popup disabled for the given amount of time on a same device. The text can also be changed from the admin panel.
Follow the following steps for installing Exit Popup Module:
- Download the extension package.
- Unzip the package on your root folder of Opencart setup via FTP manager (like Filezilla or WinSCP – download here).
- In Admin Panel go to “Extensions > Modules > Exit Popup>Install”.
- That is all – Your system is ready.
- Click Edit link to edit settings.
This User Manual Guide users through the Admin Module/Store Front settings and features of the Exit Popup Module.
The Admin Module contains the 4 tabs for settings and view.
All the information provided below is for case if Admin have only one store.
In case of more than one store, drop down of store list will be seen. Admin can change store and can set different settings for different store front.
After changing store, settings or values of selected store will be visible.
All the functionality will be same no matter if anyone have 1 store or many. All you have to do is just select the store and save the settings accordingly.
The General Settings has following options:
- Enable/Disable: Enables or Disables the plugin on the store front.
- Popup Title: Set the title text on the popup which is shown in front.
- Discount Information: Set Information on the popup to show the details about discount.
- Discount Limit Text: Set additional text on the popup to show the text about discount.
- Voucher Button Text: Set text of the voucher button.
The Look & Feel settings is to change the colors of popup window. It has following options:
- Expire Cookies(in Days): The number of days for which, the popup will not be shown again on the same device. Let’s suppose that the expire cookie field is set to 2, and a customer visits the popup window and closes it, then the popup window will not get displayed to him/her again for next 2 days or until he/she deletes the cookies from the local device.
- Aggressive Mode: If admin wants to show popup to visitors again and again he/she must enable this mode. Expire Cookie field will not affect the popup in that case.
- Popup Background Color: Admin can set the background color of the popup window. To change the color, click on the box shown next to the field and then choose the color.
- Popup Title Color: From here, we can set the color of the title of popup window. To change the color, click on the box shown next to the field and then choose the color.
- Popup Border Color: Border color of Popup can be changed from this option.
- Discount Information Text Color: Color of the discount information can changed from here.
- Discount Text Color: Color of the discount text can changed from here.
- Button Text Color: Color of the voucher button text can be set using this option.
- Button Background Color: Using this field, we can set the background color of the button.
The Discount settings has the following options:
- Discount Type: Using this option, we can set the type of discount given to the visitors(s) using Exit Popup front end. There two options to choose. By default Fixed option is selected if module values are not saved yet. Percentage discount will be deducted from the total cart balance by given percentage. Another option is Fixed amount. The fixed amount will be deducted from the cart.
- Discount Value: This field is used to give the value of discount for generated coupon either in fixed value type or percentage value type. The value validations work according to the selected option in Discount Type.Discount Value can be set in decimals also.
- Discount Period: This field is to set the validity of discount in any number of days. If field left empty, then validity will be for 6 months(or 185 days) by default.
- Minimum Cart Amount: This field is used to set the minimum required cart amount to use the coupon. The coupon will not work if the cart amount is less than Minimum Cart Amount.
The Statistics feature is to view all the details (in graphical form) about number of visitors, Visitor stayed, Visitors not stayed, coupons generated, coupons used. There are two filters to filter the data which is getting displayed. By default all data of 8 days is shown.
- Date Range Filter: In this filter, there are two date pickers and one filter button in visitor statistics. From date and to date are given using date picker and when the Filter button is clicked, all the data between those two dates is shown. If From date is greater than To date than message will be displayed “No Data Found for specified date”.
In Coupon statistics there is one filter and a filter button. Total 7 days stats can be seen.If admin selected date 2016-01-01. Then stats will be from 2015-12-26 to 2016-01-01.
After enabling this plugin the Popup is shown in the front website whenever the customer tries to leave the web page from the upper side.
The module at the front-end appears as follows:
Visitor has to enter the email id and click on the button.
If User clicked button without entering email error will be displayed.
If visitor entered valid email and clicked button.
A coupon is generated and the success message is shown in the popup window and an email is sent to the provided email id containing coupon code, Coupon value in percentage or fixed amount and validity.
If user has already claimed coupon then a failure message will be seen.
Disclaimer: In case the “Exit” popup does not display at the front, kindly clear the cache or delete the cookies. Sometimes cookies prevent the popup from displaying at front.