PrestaShop is a free, open source eCommerce solution. Anyone can create his/her own store using Prestashop with minimal effort. No technical knowledge is required in order to setup the Prestashop store. Prestashop Email subscription popup by Knowband has replaced the old way of email subscriptions as the old fashioned way of offering 10% discount in exchange of email ids do not excite the visitors. We at Knowband has come up with a new way of engaging the customers with the website. Prestashop Spin and Win (Prestashop Email Subscription popup) addon displays an interactive and responsive gamified interface in front-end of the website.
New themes available: In 2020, there are 4 New Year themes available for the store admin.
Spin and Win addon is now compliant with the GDPR. GDPR settings are added in the module using which the Prestashop admin can comply with the rules of the GDPR. Please refer to the GDPR Settings to know more about the GDPR.
The overall functionality of Spin and win(a responsive email subscription pop up):
1. The customer visits the website.
2. Newsletter subscription pop up appears on Prestashop storefront. (can be used as an entry or exit pop up)
3. The user enters the email Id.
4. Spin the spin and win pop up and get discounts
5. Email Ids entered are captured by the addon.
The responsive and interactive email subscription pop interface enhances the customer experience and compels them to visit your site again. The addon can be used as exit-intent pop-up as well as email subscription pop-ups in the eCommerce sites.
By using this Exit popup cum Entry popup addon, store owner can achieve following things.
- Boosts Lead generation.
- The customer can claim the discount by entering their email id. Hence, it increases the customer base of the store user.
- The responsive and interactive user-friendly interface ensures high impact on direct sales. It improves the overall conversion rate, using coupons and discounts.
- Turn Visitors into potential buyers and improves conversion rates by offering users a complete different way to win discounts.
- Fully Customizable subscription pop up
- Detailed Reporting.
- Extremely easy to use intuitive back end interface.
- The look and feel of the spin and win pop up as well as the email notification can be customized from the back end.
- GDPR Settings are added to the module using which the Prestashop admin can comply with the rules of GDPR.
- New classic themes for Spin and Win popup helps e-merchants in drawing user attention on different occasions. New Holiday themes for Christmas and New Year are available to attract more and more visitors to the store.
- Effortlessly generate fixed coupon code for each Spin Win slice.
- Restrict the compatibilty of Spin and Win coupon with other active coupons of the store.
- The store owner can now display the latest New Year 2020 themes on his website.
1. Responsive 3 in 1 pop up: Used as an Entry pop up, Exit pop up or Email Subscription pop up
3. The admin can select from the multiple available wheel designs as well as spin and win themes to choose from.
5. The interactive Spin and Win game lures customer and helps admin to engage more customers thereby increasing the customer base of the site.
6. The back-end offers Readymade Email Templates which can be further customized.
7. The store admin can change the look and feel of the Prestashop exit pop-up as per the requirement. The admin can now apply latest New Year 2020 themes as well on his website.
8. Prestashop Spin and Win (email subscription) pop up offers Mail Chimp, Klaviyo and, SendinBlue Integration.
10. Set the discounts and offers on each slice and also set the gravity of each slice, the slice with maximum gravity will have larger occurrences.
11. Prestashop Newsletter subscription popup addon allows admin to customize the email subscription pop up using Custom CSS and JS without making any changes in the base code
12. Prestashop Entry popup addon allows admin to choose whom to display, where and when to display, maximum display frequency of the Spin and win (email subscription) pop up.
13. Prestashop Newsletter subscription popup offers wheel sound option which adds a sound when the Spin wheel rotates, it gives more lively feeling of the Spin and Win game.
14. Prestashop Exit intent popup addon offers an option to show fireworks on the Spin and Win popup when a customer wins a discount to make the win of the customer more exciting and fun.
15. Prestashop Newsletter popup offers Email Recheck option on cart as well. Just to make sure if the customer who is applying the coupon is the same who played the Spin and Win game.
16. Prestashop Exit popup addon allows admin to choose the pages to display the pop up i.e, Category page, Home page, Product page etc.
17. Email Recheck option in order to Restrict same Email Id from availing the discount coupon more than once.
18. Prestashop Newsletter subscription popup addon offers Pull Out Tab facility for customers as spinning the wheel is not a compulsory for visitors.
19. Prestashop Newsletter popup addon allows Prestashop admin to preview the Email subscription popup and the Spin wheel at the admin panel itself.
20. Prestashop Email Subscription popup addon offers a Responsive and Interactive user-friendly interface which ensures high impact on direct sales. Turn Visitors into potential buyers and improves conversion rates by offering users a completely different way to win discounts.
21. Prestashop Spin and win is compliant with the GDPR, GDPR settings are added to the Spin and Win admin panel. Using these settings admin can comply with the rules of GDPR.
22. Prestashop Spin and Win module offers Detailed Reporting
- Check the performance of the interactive spin and win pop up by comparing the total generated vs used coupons using interactive graphical reports
- Tabular reports displaying coupon codes, details of coupon holders(customers), country where the addon is used and the device on which it was used.
23. Extremely easy to use intuitive back end interface.
24. Support to multiple languages.
25. Prestashop Spin and Win is Compatible with all themes.
26. Desktop, Mobile and Tablet responsive design
27. Prestashop Spin and Win popup module allows admin to control the compatibilty of Spin and Win coupon with other site coupons. If this feature is disabled, then the coupon generated from Spin and Win will not work with the other active coupons.
28. Admin can generate a fixed coupon code for each slice of Spin Wheel.
29. This interactive spin and win popup offers a direct coupon generation functionality which allows the customers to generate a spin win coupon without filling any user name fields.
30. Prestashop email subscription popup allows admin to select one or more customer groups which include: visitor, guest, customer.
31. Admin can set the visibilty of Spin and Win popup on specified number of page visits. If 0 is entered then this functionality will disable and the user will see the spin wheel popup as they enter the site.
Once you purchase the addon, you will get the following files:
1. Spinandwin.zip (contains source code of the addon)
2. User Manual
Follow the following steps in order to install the extension at your Prestashop store:
- Unzip the spinandwin.zip file. It would contain various files and folders.
- Copy all the files and folders of unzipped folder into your store “Modules directory”. Use the below-mentioned path of copying the files:
<your website directory path>/modules/
The addon is ready to be installed on your eCommerce store.
Go to the Store Admin -> Modules and Services
And look for “Name of the Plugin”
- Click on “Install” button just next to the plugin in order to install the addon. It would show a pop-up for your confirmation. Click on “Proceed with the installation” option.
Once the installation process is over, a notification “Module(s) installed successfully” will be displayed.
Once the installation is complete, the next steps includes the configuring the addon. Click on the ‘Configure’ button just next to Prestashop Spin and Win Addon.
Prestashop admin panel of the addon offers various customization options to the Prestashop store owners. The various options offered is mentioned below:
- General Setting
- Display Setting
- Look and feel Setting
- Spin and win pop up Setting
- Slice Setting
- Email Marketing
- Email Setting
On clicking configure from module listing page, Prestashop Admin will be redirected to configuration page. The very first tab in the main menu includes “General Setting” as shown below:-
Listed below are some of the customization option that can help the admin make the initial changes in their Spin and Win (email subscription) Addon.
1. Enable:-The addon can be enabled or disabled using this setting.
2. Show Pull-out Tab:- The visitors of the website can remove the spin and win pop up by clicking on ‘I’m not feeling lucky link as shown in the image below.
By enabling this setting, the store owner can provide the option to pull the spin and win spin and win pop up back on the screen by the user.
The customer can click on the gift icon at the left side as highlighted in the image above to pull out the email subscription pop upspin and win pop upback.
3. Email Redundancy Check:- This provides an option on the Prestashop store to verify the email id of the customer in order to ensure that there is no repetition of emails ids. In case, the customers are only allowed to use a coupon code ones. A single email id cannot be used twice. This can be done by enabling the Email Recheck option as shown in the image below.
In case the same email id is entered again, a message will be shown as displayed below.
4. Enable Wheel Sound: Prestashop store admin can enable wheel sound, the wheel will generate a tapping sound once this option is enabled.
5. Show Fireworks: Prestashop Newsletter subscription popup addon offers an option for admin to show fireworks on the email subscription popup when a customer wins a discount. Admin can enable this setting to make the win of the customer more special and exciting.
6. Show Customer Name: Prestashop admin can now ask for the Customer name before a customer plays the Spin and Win game.
7. Require Customer Name: Prestashop admin has an option to make Customer name field mandatory or optional.
8. Allow Email Recheck on Cart: This option will check whether the customer who has applied the coupon on the cart is same who has played the Spin and win game.
9. Spin and win pop up Display Interval:- Prestashop store admin can enter the number days after which the Spinspin and win pop up(email subscription pop up) will be displayed to the customer.
10. Generate Fix Coupon Code: Admin can enable/disable this option to add fix coupon code respective to each wheel slice under Slice Settings tab of module. For this, admin has to first create the coupon code from the Price Rules -> Cart Rules tab then enter the coupon code by editing a particular slice.
11. Allow Direct Coupon Generation: If this setting is enabled, then the customer can directly generate the coupon by clicking the Spin the Wheel button. If disabled, then the customer has to fill the required information in order to play the game.
12. Compatible with other cart rules: Admin can control the compatibilty of spin and win coupon code with other active coupons on site. If this setting is disabled, then the coupon generated from Spin and Win will not work with other site coupons.
13. Custom CSS and Custom JS:- The admin can even change the look and feel of the addon as per their need by entering the custom CSS and custom JS code in this section.
Save the changes that you have made in the configuration setting.
This option enable you to change the setting of the display of thisemail subscription Spin and win pop uppop up. It includes following setting options.
1. Minimum Number of pages visit to show wheel: Admin can set the minimum count of site pages while should be visited to show the spin wheel to customers. If 0 is entered then this functionality will disable.
2. Customer Groups: Admin can select one or more groups to which the spin and win popup will be displayed. Use CTRL key to select multiple options.
3. Minimum Screen Size: The drop down list offers few screen sizes for the admin to choose from.
4. Maximum Display frequency: The admin can select the frequency of the spin and win pop upemail subscription pop up display here. Select one option from the multiple choices offered in the drop down list.
5. Hide After: The admin can select the time interval in seconds after which he wants to hide the spin spin and win pop upand win pop up.
6. Set Fix Time: You can enable or disable the fix time from here.
7. Where to Display: You can select the pages where you want to display the spin and win pop up. Admin can select Product page, category, Home page to display this interactive and responsive email subscription pop up
8. Who to Show: You can select the visitors to whom you want to show the spin and win pop up. You may select ‘All Visitors’, ‘Registered Visitors’, or ‘Guest Visitors’.
9. When to Display: You may choose exactly when you want the spin and win pop up to be displayed. You can either display it immediately when the customer lands on your site or after some time or when the visitor scrolls down or you can use it as an Exit intent pop up.
10. Geo Location: You can even select the display option as per the Geo location of the visitor.
The Look and Feel Setting in the Prestashop admin panel allows to change the look of the spin and win pop up as it appears on the website.
1. Theme: Prestashop admin can see the preview of the Prestashop Newsletter popup in the admin panel itself before making it live. There are Multiple themes to choose from. Admin can choose as per the occasions like New Year and Christmas. The PrestaShop admin can now apply the latest New Year 2020 themes on his website. There are 4 eye-catching New Year 2020 themes to choose from.
2. Wheel Design: Prestashop store admin can change the Design of the spin wheel. Prestashop admin can also see the preview of the Spin wheel in the admin panel itself.
3. Wheel Color: Prestashop admin can select the color of the Wheel using this option. The spin wheel can be customized in endless ways and admin can even match it with the Prestashop store theme.
4. Font Family: Prestashop email subscription popup allows Prestashop admin to choose the Font suitable on the Newsletter subscription popup.
5. Wheel Background and Font color: Background color and Fonts used on the Spin Wheel can be customized using these options.
6. Text Color and Button Background color: The Text color and the Button background color on the Email subscription popup can be customized using this options.
7. Display Image: You can enable or disable the Display Image by selecting Yes or No button.
You can change the logo that is displayed with the spin and win pop up. The image of the logo to be displayed can be selected from the device by clicking on the Add File button as shown in the image below.
The changes made here will be reflected on your website.
The spin and win pop up shown on the website includes the ‘Try Your Luck’ button. You can change the color of the button by changing the setting of ‘Button Background Color’.
Even the font of ‘I’m not feeling lucky’ can be changed as shown in the image below.
The entire changes made by you will be reflected on the front end as shown in the image below.
At last, the admin panel even provides an option to remove the background image if he wants to by clicking on the Remove Background Image Button.
The admin can change the look and feel of the spin and win pop up by changing Look and Feel Settingsthe configuration in the ‘Wheel Setting’ option.
The admin can change the Spin and win pop up Background Color and the Font Color from the section shown in the image above.
Prestashop admin can change the text on the Email Subscription pop up using the Text settings. Admin can customize the text in any language.
Yes, even the settings and the text or offers displayed in the different slices of the spin and win pop up can be changed from the ‘Slice Setting’ option.
As you click on the setting, the list of the various slices will be shown.
Each slice can be configured by clicking on the Edit button.
As you click on the Edit button, a pop up will appearwhere prestashop store admin can set the Coupon Type (Which can be Fixed or in Percentage), Label, Coupon Value and Gravity. Save the changes and the same will be reflected in the spin and win pop up shown on your website.
Prestashop spin and win addon offers Mail Chimp, Klaviyo and, SendinBlue integration. The email Id entered in the email subscription popup is automatically with the store owner’s Mail Chimp, Klaviyo and, SendinBlue account. The emails captured can be used for personalized promotions.
The ‘Email Setting’ option allows the admin to customize the email templates that are sent to the customers.
Coupon Display Options: It allows the admin to choose the places where he wants to display the coupon. Namely ‘Only on Wheel’, ‘Email Only’, ‘Email & Wheel’.
In case you choose Email only, you’ll get an option to change the subject line, choose the email template as well as customize the default templates.
GDPR or General Data Protection Regulation is a new act which will be enforced from 25 May 2018. It is mandatory for all the companies which are handling personal data of EU citizens. GDPR offers various rights to the customers (mentioned below) which help them to keep their data safe and secure.
1.The right to be informed
2.The right of access
3.The right to rectification
4.The right to erasure
5.The right to restrict processing
6.The right to data portability
7.The right to object
8.Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
GDPR settings will help the Prestashop store admin to comply with these rules. Please refer to the attached screenshot in which we have highlighted the GDPR Settings tab.
a) Enable GDPR: Enable or disable the GDPR options using this option. There are following options in the GDPR settings tab for the merchants to make the popup module compliant with the GDPR. The GDPR settings will remain disabled by default and as per the business need, store admin needs to enable it.
b) Compatibility with Prestashop GDPR: Admin has the option to enable/disable this feature. If you are using the official GDPR module then you must need to enable this setting. The main purpose of this feature is to export and deletes user data on PrestaShop GDPR module request. It is also compatible with Prestashop GDPR Module developed by Knowband.
c) Delete user data from MailChimp/Klaviyo/SendinBlue on delete request: As the Spin and Win pop-up addon syncs the captured email ids to the MailChimp/Klaviyo/SendinBlue email service providers (third-party service providers, so if this setting is enabled and you use the services of any one of these email service provider then on the data deletion request the subscriber details will get deleted automatically).
d) Privacy Text: The module will add a checkbox to the pop-up design with the privacy text; this text will be visible to the front-end user at the time of entering email id in the email box.
f) Enable Advanced Feature: This option allows the store admin to add more checkboxes to the pop-up design for marketing permission or any other permission like age verification (age should be 16+).
If the Advance Feature setting is enabled then admin will be able to access the additional checkbox setting option. As per requirement, admin can add multiple checkboxes.
g) Service Settings: All the additional checkboxes which have been added by the admin will be listed under the Service Settings. Admin can add the multiple checkboxes with ease.
How to add a new checkbox:
1. Click on the (+) sign to add a new checkbox.
Note: By default one service will be listed on the service list and admin can update the text for the service.
2. On clicking the + sign will open a pop-up and admin need to enter the details like – Service Label, Make service mandatory and Enable Service.
- Service Label: This is a text input field. The text entered here will be visible to the front-end user.
- Make Service Mandatory: This is a toggle button. If this is set to Yes, then this field will be marked as Mandatory and without confirming the checkbox visitors will not be able to get the offer.
- Enable Service: Admin has the choice the Enable/Disable a service at any time.
Record of consent:
As soon as the user opt-in for the promotion and spin and the wheel to get the discount coupon code. The Spin and Win Pop-up module keep the proof of the opt-in, as it is required for the lawful processing of the captured data. As the unique coupon code is generated each time so the Statistics tab of the Spin and Win GDPR Compliant Module also record the permissions of the users. Please refer to the attached screenshot.
On clicking the view button admin can check the permission of the user.
After enabling the GDPR Settings the Spin and Win pop-up design will look like –
Yes, the prestashop admin has a complete access to the statistical report of the visitors who spin the wheel and claimed the coupon generated by the same. The report is generated in both graphical and tabular format.
The best thing about the Prestashop spin and win addon is that it can be used on any page in the website as per the requirement of the store owner. It can be even used as an exit-intend pop-up and as an email subscription pop-up.
This is how the home page of the store will look like once the addon is installed. The same can be displayed elsewhere in the site. Moreover, the exit-intent spin and win plugin can be even used to curtail the exit rate of your store.
After entering the email id, the user can spin the wheel. On spinning the wheel, the coupon is generated.
The customer can use the coupon on the checkout page as shown in the image below.
New Year 2020 themes available:
Disclaimer: In case the “Spin and Win” wheel popup does not display at the front, kindly clear the cache or delete the cookies. Sometimes cookies prevent the popup from displaying at front.
You may also be Interested In: