Knowband offers Prestashop Facebook Share and Win Discount addon which helps the eCommerce store admin to promote his website and products effortlessly. The Prestashop store admin can ask the online customers to share the product on Facebook and get the discount coupon. This is a very interesting addon because of its dual nature. The store owner can set the fixed or percentage based discount accordingly. The Product share and win plugin is a fully-featured module which can be customizable easily without any hassle or complications.
Admin will be having full control on the discount type and the discount value which he is giving. This Prestashop facebook share option allows the admin to view the product stats ie which product has been shared how many times and if the coupon code applied by the customers or not. Thus, the Prestashop product sharing module helps the online store merchant to promote the products easily without any complex process.
1.1 Features offered by this Prestashop share for win addon
- The store admin can easily install, configure and implement this Prestashop Facebook Share and Win Discount addon.
- The Product share and win plugin allows the admin to show a Facebook sharing option on the product page.
- The online customers can share the product on Facebook and get discount coupon.
- The Prestashop share on Facebook wall plugin allows offering fixed or percentage based discount.
- The e-merchant can select the layout of the Facebook sharing button easily from the admin interface.
- The Prestashop Social sharing addon is highly customizable and offers smooth functioning.
- The Prestashop share and get discount module allows the advanced users to add custom CSS and JS code for the look and feel customization.
- The admin can also set the coupon validity date from the admin interface of this Prestashop share on Facebook wall plugin.
- The Prestashop product sharing module is mobile responsive.
- The e-merchant can also view the product stats form the admin interface ie. which product has been shared how many time and if the generated coupon is applied by the customers or not.
- This Prestashop share on Facebook wall plugin offers smooth and effortless functioning.
2.0 Steps For Installation of Prestashop Share And Win Module
Once you purchase the Facebook share and get discount module from the store you’ll get these files:
1. The zipped file that consists of the source code of this Prestashop addon.
2. User Manual
Follow the below-mentioned steps to install the Facebook share and get discount module:
- Unzip the zipped file which includes some files and folders.
- After that, copy the overall content of the folder and paste them into the “Modules” folder of the store’s directory. You can follow the path – Root Directory/modules/.
3. Now you can install the Facebook share and get discount module. You can find that in Store Admin -> Modules and Services. It would be shown as below –
Now you just need to click on “Install” button to install this Prestashop share on Facebook wall plugin. A confirmation pop-up will be shown. Click on “Proceed with the installation” option. This step will install the module and show notification – “Module(s) installed successfully”.
3.0 Admin Interface
In the admin interface of Prestashop product sharing module, there are following options to configure this plug-in and customize its look and feel at the front-end. The below mentioned customization options are available in the admin interface:
1. General Settings
2. Product Stats
Each section is described in details below.
3.1 General Settings
This section will be having following options to configure the Facebook share and get discount module:
1. Enable/Disable: This option will be having a toggle button with two specific values ON and OFF. This Facebook share and get discount module will only work if this is set to ON. If this is set to OFF then none of the feature will be working and not even impacting any other section of website. By default, this option will be OFF.
2. Select the layout Type: The admin can select the layout of the sharing button from the admin interface easily. There are two layouts available. The layout preview is also available. The Prestashop product sharing module allows the admin to select the layout type according to the preferences.
3. Facebook app id: This app id is very important for this Prestashop share on Facebook wall plugin to work. Admin has to enter this app id to let the customer share the product on Facebook. For generating the Facebook App ID please visit 3.1.1 section.
4. Custom CSS: These are the fields which are given in this plugin in case if the admin wants to customize the look and feel. Prestashop product sharing module allows advanced users to add custom CSS code.
5. Custom JS code: The store admin can also enter the custom JS code for the look and feel customization from the admin interface of this Prestashop product sharing module.
6. Select Discount Type: Here, the admin can decide what type of discount is to be given to the customers who are sharing the product. It may be fixed or in percentage.
7. Discount Value: In this field the admin has to give the discount value which is to be applied on that product.
8. Discount Validity: Here, the admin has to enter the date up to which the discount coupon can be applied. If the validity date is expired than the coupon can be no longer applied.
3.1.1 Steps to generate Facebook app ID
- Log-in into your Facebook account and go to https://developers.Facebook.com/.
- Go to the “MY APPS” option and click on the ”ADD NEW APP”.
- After that, the store owner needs to insert the “Display Name” and “contact email ID”. Click on the “Create App ID” button.
- After that click on “Products” option and then click on Facebook login “set Up” option. After clicking this “set up” option it will be displayed like below mentioned image:
- After that goto settings and insert the Valid oAuth Redirect URL’s and enable the status.
- Once you enable the status, you need to click on the “save changes” option. Now the Facebook app id is ready for implementation.
3.2 Product Stats
This is the tab in which the admin can view all the details of the discount coupons applied on every product.
1. Select Category: In this menu option of Prestashop product sharing module, the admin has to select the category of the product which he/she wants to look.
2. Select Product: When the admin will select the category of this field will automatically get refreshed and will be filed by all the product of that category.
3. Product Coupon Table: When the admin will select the product in the above option then a table will appear which will be having the details of the discount coupon and their current status applied on that particular product.
4.0 Front-end Interface
When this module is enabled from the back end then a button will start appearing in the front end of the shop on every product page. On which a text Share to get discount! will be written and on clicking on this button the customer can share the product and if he/she shares the product then a discount code will be shown to that customer which will be applied to that customer only.
The customers can click on the “share to get discount” button and share the product on Facebook.
The customers can get the discount code on the same product page:
This way the Prestashop facebook share option extension allows the admin to improve product popularity and awareness of available brands. The customers can also get the exciting discount and enjoy the shopping experience.
For more Prestashop Addons please visit Knowband.
Prestashop share and win addon Module Link.
Facebook share and get discount module admin demo link.
Prestashop share on Facebook wall plugin Front demo link.
Facebook share and get discount module Addon Store link.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any query or custom change request as per your business requirement.
One thought on “Prestashop Facebook Share and Win Discount addon – User Manual”
Hello, in step 2 Facebook App ID. what kind of facebook App i have to chose? login, audiance network, analytics, account kit…? thank’s for your help