An efficient customer support increases the chance of conversion of an online shopping site. If you want good customer base for your eCommerce store, then ,you need to provide efficient and hassle-free customer support to store users.
For Prestashop store, Knowband provides “Prestashop Login as Customer Addon”. With the help of this Prestashop addon the store administrator can login to the front-end of the website as one of their customers. In order to optimize user experience by assisting them in every phase of online transaction, logging into the site as one of the customers becomes a must.
The Prestashop addon also allows the store admin to test the website from user’s point of view. So that, the Prestashop admin can optimize eCommerce store as per the requirement of the visitors. The Prestashop store admin need not have the password in order to browse the store. It can be done by just clicking on the email id of the customers.
The store owner can achieve following objective with the help of this Prestashop plugin.
1. The module allows the store admin to log into your shop as any of the registered customers in order to detect the website problem.
2. It even allows the admin to help the customer with their online purchase process without even knowing their password.
3. The Prestashop store admin can now test their website from the point of view of their customer at any time.
4. It ensures customer retention by providing an effortless way to solve their problems.
5. It is now easy to manage customer’s cart and orders .
6. From admin customers and orders pages, log in directly without search the customer.
Once the module is purchased from us, you’ll get following files as listed below:
1. loginascustomer.zip which contains the source code of the module.
2. User Manual
Follow the following simple steps in order to install the extension in your Prestashop store:
- Unzip the loginascustomer.zip file. It would contain files and folders as shown below –
- Copy all the files and folders of unzipped folder and paste them into your store’s “Modules” directory on the address path – Root Directory/modules/.
- The module can be installed on your store. You can find it in Store Admin -> Modules and Services. It would shown as below –
In case, you are not able to find module in admin modules list, please try searching module with following details –
Keyword – Login as Customer
Category – Front office
Filter By – Installed & Not Installed / Enabled & Disabled
Click on “Install” button to install the module. It would show a pop-up for your confirmation. Click on “Proceed with the installation” option. This step will install the module and show notification – “Module(s) installed successfully”.
Prestashop quick login as client module offers easy configurable and customization settings. The addon can be used and configured at just a few button toggles.
Once the login as customer plugin is installed and you enter the admin interface, you’ll find five customization options. These options are listed below:
- Enable/disable the module
- Show Navigation Bar
- Show Login Customer Icon on Admin Top
- Show Easy Login Customer Icon on Admin Order
- Show Easy Login Customer Icon on Admin Customer
The Prestashop Login As Customer without Password can be enabled or disabled from the Prestashop store by switching the button. Once enabled, the admin gets an access to login the website as any of the registered customers.
The navigation bar shows the name of the customer with which the admin is logged in. The log in details will be shown at the top of the website as shown in the image below. The store owner can even disable this functionality just clicking a button.
Feature at Admin Interface:
Feature at Website Front End:
Since there may be a large number of registered customers on the eCommerce store, choosing one particular name for logging in may become difficult. The Prestashop addon provides an option to search the name of the customers in the admin interface. On enabling this feature, the icon of the search bar will be shown at the top of the admin panel.
The admin can search for the customers by entering the name in the search bar.
On clicking the options provided in the search the admin will be automatically redirected to the front-end of the website logged in as that particular customer.
The login details of the customers can even be selected from the Order tab of the admin panel. The admin can go to the order details of any of the customers and the module provides them with an option to log in to the website as that particular customer.
Follow the steps mentioned below to use this feature:
1. Go to the ‘Order’ tab in the main menu of the admin interface.
2. The tab shows the entire list of the orders placed on your web store. You can use the filters to select a particular customer.
3. Enter into the order details of the customer by clicking on ‘View’.
4. The order detail page provides an option to the admin to log in as that particular customer. On clicking the button as shown below, the admin is redirected to the front-end of the website.
The same features is offered in the ‘Manage your Customer’ tab of the admin interface. This feature can be incorporated by enabling it. The process of finding the email id from the ‘Customer’ tab remains the same.
1. Go the ‘Customer’ tab of the main menu of the admin panel.
2. Filter the name of the customer from the database.
3. Go to the profile of the customer and you’ll find an option to log in as that customer.
The Prestashop module offers an detailed report of the logged in customer history. The admin can keep a track on the customer whose personal details were used to log into the website.
Once the store admin log into the website as a customer, the gets the access of the entire account of the customer.
The Prestashop store admin can view the wish list, add or delete a product from the cart or make any changes in the account as per the requirement. This offers an easy way to test the site from the user’s perspective. At the same time, the admin can assist the customer in case they face any problem in completing the transaction or finding the product according to their need.
Browsing the eCommerce website as a store user, admin can test the store functionalities in a much effective manner. Moreover, the addon helps you in optimizing the website and providing an improved customer experience. With the help of this addon, the support team can easily guide their customers in dealing with the problems while placing an order. Whenever the customer is not able to add a product to cart or unable to apply a coupon code then, in that case, the admin can solve the problems by using remote access to their account. You can purchase this module from addon store