The Opencart eCommerce store admin can easily get new subscribers and send newsletters to the store subscribers. Opencart Auto Subscribe extension allows the Opencart store admin to add a “subscription form” on the home page of the eCommerce store. This module helps you to design an attractive subscription form, so that, the visitors coming to the website get registered by submitting the required information on it. With a pop-up window, OpenCart email subscription popup allows the Opencart eCommerce store owner to collect the email address of website visitors.
- Easy to install and configure.
- Hassle free implementation.
- Highly customizable.
- Admin can manage pop up text, color or description from admin side.
- Auto subscribe customers for newsletter while checkout or registration.
- Opencart store admin can design his/her own mail template.
- Opencart plugin has built-in MailChimp and constant contact integrators.
- This extension is mobile compatible.
- The Opencart module offers multiple options for showing subscriber form.
- Opencart email subscription popup extension enhances the customer engagement.
- Attractive pop-up design improves customers experience.
- Auto Subscribe integration addon helps store admin to gain email subscribers.
- Opencart eCommerce store owner can collect mail id from users without any difficulty.
- The online customers can get regularly updated information of the store.
How to install OpenCart Auto Subscribe Plugin on your server
1. Download the zip from OpenCart & unzip into a folder.
2. Open the upload directory & you will see following folder structure.
3. Login via FTP & Drag drop all the folders into your server root directory. You don’t have to change the default theme folder name to your theme folder name.
4. You will find the plug-in ready to be installed in the Modules of your OpenCart.
You must have VQMOD installed for this plug-in to work. If VQMOD is not installed please download and install from the URL below:
5. Click on Install link to install the plug-in.
6. Delete the vqcache files from the vqmod/vqcache folder.
7.To access Autosubscribe plug-in, click on the edit button of autosubscribe module as shown below.
Opencart admin can customize the subscription box to be displayed in the Opencart eCommerce storefront by using the following settings option available.
- Enable/Disable: The Opencart store admin can choose to enable or disable the entire module by turning this button on or off. One cannot view subscription box on the front or add contacts on register or checkout automatically until this is enabled.
- Title Text: The Opencart store admin can Set the title of the box and select the color of the title text.
- Curve Borders Value: The Opencart store admin can enter the radius of curve borders. This value will be applied to the four corners of the subscription box on front.
- Description: The opencart store admin can enter the text for describing to visitors, the advantages of subscribing to your email list here. You may change the text color by clicking on the text box next to the description.
- Button text: The opencart store admin can change the text for the button in this text box and choose its text color from the text box adjacent to it.
- Button Background Color: The opencart store admin can choose a color for the background of the button on subscription box.
- Title Background Color: The Opencart store admin can set title background color.
- Box Background color: Choose a background color for the box.
- Add Module: All these subscriber box settings can only be applied if at least one module has been added here. You can select the number of auto subscribe modules and where you need to display each by clicking on add module button at the bottom of this page.
I.Layout: You can select the layouts to display this box.
II.Position: You can choose to display the box at the top, bottom, left or at right on the chosen layout.
III.Status: You may choose to enable/disable each of these modules. IV.Sort Order: Enter the sort order for this module.
The Opencart eCommerce store admin can customize the pop-up box to be displayed on homepage of the store using the following setting option available.
- Enable/Disable Pop up: The Opencart store admin can choose to enable or disable the pop-up display on the homepage. One cannot view subscription pop up on the front until this is enabled.
- Pop up Image: The Opencart store admin can choose to show any image on the pop-up box, or choose to not show any image at all.
In order to choose an image, click on browse link adjacent to the option. A window will pop up with various images on your server, you may either choose one of the existing images or upload a new one from this box.
- Show pop up again in (days): You can choose the duration (in days) for which the subscription popup will appear in the front-end. If you want the pop-up to appear only once in a lifetime, type in a number, say 999. If you want it to appear every time a user lands on the home page, type the value 0.
- Pop-Up Width: The OpenCart eCommerce store admin can select the width of the pop-up in percentage.
- Title Text (and color): The Opencart store admin can change the title of pop-up from this option. Admin can also customize the title by choosing the desired color by clicking on the box adjacent to the text field.
- Description Text (and color): Description appearing on the pop up can also be customized by adding desired text in the desired color.
- Button Text (and color): Button text and its font color can also be set from admin panel.
- Pop Up Border: Opencart eCommerce store admin can set the width of pop up border and also set the color of this border.
- Button background color: You can also change the background color of your button to go with your theme.
- Pop-Up background color: Opencart eCommerce store admin can set the background color of the pop-up.
- Display Success Message: Turning it off means that the moment a successful subscription takes place through this pop-up, it will get automatically closed without showing any success message to the user. Turning it on will display a customized success message on the pop-up box after successful subscription.
- Success Message (and color): Here you must enter the text to be displayed and choose the desired color for the text.
- Send Mail To Subscription: Admin can Enable/Disable mail sending after subscription.
- Mail Body: Opencart store admin can set the mail content. This mail will be sent on subscription. In case of no content, the default mail will be sent to the customer.
In this tab, Opencart store admin can choose from the lists in his/her MailChimp account where emails should be added.
Initially, a message will be displayed like No list exists for this API key!
- MailChimp API key: eCommerce store admin needs to enter the API key to fetch lists from his/her account. As soon as admin enters the key and clicks on the text box, the request is sent and lists (if any) are fetched and displayed in a drop-down box.
- MailChimp List: Choose from the lists displayed here.
In this tab, admin can choose from the lists in his/her Constant Contact account where emails should be added. Initially, a message will be displayed like No list exists for the combination of Key and Token provided above!
- Constant Contact API key: The Opencart store admin needs to enter API key. As soon as admin enters the key and clicks on the text box, the request is sent and lists (if any) are fetched and displayed in a drop-down box.
- Constant Contact Access Token: The Opencart store admin needs to enter access token along with API Key. As soon as admin enters the token and clicks outside the text box, the request is sent and lists (if any) are fetched and displayed in a drop-down box.
- Constant Contact List: Choose from the lists displayed here.
Auto-subscribe events are the events on which the users can be subscribed to the configured lists in admin automatically. On such events, the user will not be notified of being added to the subscription lists you have chosen in admin but they will receive the email for the same if you have turned on the option to send emails (in subscriber box settings tab) on subscription.
- Register: Turn on Register, if you want a user to be automatically added to your list on successful registration.
- Checkout: Turn on Checkout, if you want a user to be automatically added to your list on successful checkout.
1. Php version 5.3 or greater
To access the API of constant contact, one must use the PHP version equal or higher than 5.3. Unless your server is running the required PHP version, you will not be able to successfully install this plugin.
Before using this module, you must have a valid account with MailChimp and one or more lists created in it. Note that, you must also have the access right to alter your email subscribers list. You will need to provide these for this module to work.
- API Key: You can obtain your API key from your MailChimp dashboard, or you can create one if you don’t have one already.
3. Constant Contact
You need to have a valid account with constant contact and one or more lists created into it. Note that, you must also have the access right to alter your email subscribers list. You will need to provide these for this module to work.
a.API Key: You get an API key from constant contact via email as soon as you register your application.
b. Access Token: In addition to API key, you also needed an access token to grant permission to access API.
Note that, this plug-in works for constant contact API version 2 since version 1 is deprecated and will soon be discontinued.
1. Auto-subscribe Module
On the front end, users will have the option to subscribe themselves by clicking on subscribe button. The module will look like the following screen with default settings.
The visitor can type in email id and click on subscribe button to add itself to the lists configured. A success or an error message will be displayed to notify the user.
- Error message
- Success Message
2. Pop up Screen
On the user’s end, pop up will appear something like this screen below, depending upon your chosen display settings.
If one chooses an image to be displayed on pop up from admin settings, a pop up like shown above will appear. Admin can also choose to show a pop up without any image, by not choosing any image in the admin panel.
A pop up without any image will appear like the one below.
For subscribing to this pop-up, type in your email (required) and name (optional), and then click on the button below. On successful subscription, either the pop up will disappear automatically or a custom message provided by you in admin settings will start appearing on the pop-up.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any query or custom change request as per your business requirement.