The Prestashop Preferred Delivery Time Addon module is developed for the Prestashop eCommerce website to provide preferred delivery time at checkout. Customers can add preferred delivery time at checkout so that products will be delivered at the preferred time. This Prestashop prefer delivery time module helps the owner to know the availability of the customer on the provided delivery address to deliver the product. During checkout, the customer has to select the preferred date & time for preferred delivery of the product.
- With the help of this Prestashop prefer delivery module, admin can offer the online users to choose the preferred date and time for product delivery.
- The online users can also get a chance to update the preferences even after placing their order.
- The Prestashop prefer delivery date display a calendar format for the date and a drop-down menu for choosing the delivery time slot. In the updated version, the Prestashop prefer delivery module shows calendar for every language.
- The e-merchant can configure the ‘time slot range’ according to the requirement. In the updated version of this Prestashop prefer delivery date extension, the online merchant can also set 30 minutes time slot range.
- The start time of the delivery and the end time of the day can also be configured in the Prefer delivery time Prestashop addon by Knowband.
- The online store merchant can activate or deactivate the delivery time slot feature from the admin panel.
- This Prestashop prefer delivery date extension allows the store merchant to set ‘Delivery Days Gap’ between the order date and preferred delivery date.
- There is an option to set specific days on which delivery will not be available.
- The online merchant can select 12-hour or 24-hour format from the admin interface of this Prestashop prefer delivery date and time addon.
- The online merchant can set the first day of week. The admin can select 1-6 number for weekdays. 0 will be selected for Sunday.
- The online store merchant can customize and send email notification to the online users along with the preferred delivery date and time-related details.
- The Prestashop prefer delivery date and time addon is multi-lingual compatible and offers theme compatibility too.
- The Prestashop Prefer delivery date and time module is SSL compatible and offers multi-lingual support.
Follow the following steps for installing Preferred Delivery Date Prestashop Addon:
- Download the module package offered by Knowband.
- Open the “Installed Modules” page in your store and click on the “Upload a Modules” link which provides a dialog box to upload package as shown below:
- After successful uploading of the module package, the Prestashop prefer delivery module is installed in your store.
Here, the Prestashop store owner can change the various settings of this plugin according to requirements, which will be reflected on the front end as well as in the admin panel.
To install this plug-in, please follow the following steps:
- Add all the whole plugin folder to the modules folder into the root directory of the PrestaShop Store.
- After adding plug-in files, the system will list the plug-in on the module page.
- Click on install/uninstall according to the need.
- Another way is, you can zip the whole folder and then click on the “Add New Module” link displaying on the top right corner of the module listing page.
- After installing the Prefer delivery time Prestashop addon, the “Configure” link will be displayed instead of the “Install” link.
- Now, your Prestashop module is ready to use and click on the “Configure” link to configure the module.
On clicking on configure link on the module listing page, the system will open configuration settings as shown in the screen below:
- Enable/Disable: Initially, this will be “OFF”. Admin can enable/disable Prestashop prefer delivery date plug-in by turning ON/OFF this setting.
- Delivery Days Gap: Initially, this will be 4 days. This is the gap in the number of days from the date on which order has been placed. Customers will be able to select the preferred date after the “Delivery Days Gap” days.
- Date Format: The Prestashop Prefer delivery date and time module allows the online store merchant to set the format of dates.
- Allow Time Slot: Initially, this will be ON. Admin can enable/disable the display of Time Slot on the front end for the preferred delivery time.
- Time Slot Range: Initially, this will be 2 hrs. Admin can set the range in hours to display the time range in the Time Slot in the front end. The maximum Value allowed is 6 hrs. For Example, if the range is 2 hrs then it will show the time range as 12AM-2AM, 2AM-4AM. In the updated version of this Prestashop prefer delivery date extension, the online merchant can also set the time slot of 30 minutes by setting it as 0.5.
- Start Delivery Time: Initially, this will be 08:00 AM. Admin can set the start time for the starting of delivery time which will be provided to display the time range from “Start Delivery Time”. The only defined format of time is allowed.
- End Delivery Time: Initially, this will be 09:00 PM. The Prestashop store admin can set the “End time” for the closing of delivery time which will be provided to display the time range until “End Delivery Time”. The only defined format of the time is allowed.
- Allow Incomplete Time Range: Initially, it will be ON. Admin can enable/disable the setting to display the time range which is not in a regular fashion. For Example, If it is enabled then Range can be 08:00 AM-10:00 AM, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM as difference of range in each time range is 2hr except the last one which is 1 hr. If it is disabled, then Time Range can be 08:00 AM-10:00 AM, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM only.
- Maximum Calendar Days: Initially, this will be 15 days. Admin can set the maximum enabled days to select the preferred delivery date in the front end.
- Delivery not available during these days: Initially, “Sunday” will be selected. Admin can disable the multiple days so that the customer will not be able to select the delivery date on that day.
- Select Hour Format: The online store merchant can also set hour format as 12 hours or 24 hours.
- Week First Day: Admin can now set the first day of the week by setting numbers from 0 to 6. 0 will be used for Sunday and 6 for Saturday.
- Allow Select Preferred Delivery: Initially, it will be “OFF”. Admin can enable/disable to provide the option for the customers to add preferred delivery time when placing an order.
- Allow Post Order Delivery Update: Initially, it will be “OFF”. Admin can enable/disable the setting to provide the option to update the preferred delivery time even after the order is placed.
- Mail Template: The admin can edit the mail template which will be sent to the customer to provide information regarding the preferred delivery time after the order is placed. This mail will be sent if “Send Mail with Order Confirmation” is enabled.
- Send Mail with order Confirmation: By default, the setting will be ON which allows sending the preferred delivery mail after placing the order to the customer.
To view the details of the preferred delivery time of an order placed by the customer. Click on the “Orders” in the Admin Menu followed by a click on particular order. The full detailed page will open. In the “Order” block, click on the “Preferred Delivery Time” tab to view details regarding preferred delivery time as shown below:
After enabling the Prestashop prefer delivery module, the front-end user will see the preferred delivery time block on the Checkout page and Order Details page.
If “Allow to select Preferred Delivery” option is disabled then it will be mandatory for customers to select preferred delivery time otherwise, a checkbox will be shown to provide an option to customers to select preferred delivery time or not at the time of placing an order. By default, it will be checked so the “Your Preferred Delivery Time” will be displayed in the shipping methods on the checkout page and if it will be unchecked then “Your preferred Delivery Time” will not be displayed as shown below:
If “Select Preferred Delivery Time” is unchecked then it will be displayed as shown below:
If the admin disables the “Allow Time Slot” as displayed above, the “Time Slot” will not be displayed.
If “Date” field is empty or “Time Slot” is not selected and clicked on “Save” button then it will display error message as shown below:
If Preferred Delivery Time is not saved and clicked on “Proceed to Checkout” then it will display an error message as shown below:
The online users can select the preferred date from the available calendar.
After selecting the date, online users needs to select the time slot as shown below:
When customer adds the “Date” & select the “Time Slot” and click on “Save” button, then it will be saved in the database after validating with displaying of success message as shown below:
If the customer added the “Preferred Delivery Time” while placing an order the customer will be able to see the details of Preferred Delivery Time in “Order Detail Page” by clicking on the “My Account” link followed by “Order History and Details” page. A list of all orders will be displayed.
NOTE: To Display the preferred delivery block in Prestashop 1.7.x.x, you have to add “no filter” with $HOOK_DISPLAYORDERDETAIL in root_directory/themes/classic/templates/customer/order-detail.tpl as there is a bug in Prestashop 1.7.x.x. It should be resolved in the higher version.
To view the preferred delivery time, click on the “Details” button of the particular order. All details regarding the order will be displayed below in the list.
Preferred Delivery Time block will be displayed as shown below:
If “Allow Post Order Delivery Update” is enabled, then the customer will be able to update the preferred delivery time by clicking on the “Update” button as shown below:
On clicking the “Update” button, Date & Time field will be displayed to update the preferred delivery time as shown below:
After changing the date & time, click on the “Update” button to update the delivery time. After successful updating, the success message will be displayed as shown below:
For more details about this Prestashop prefer delivery time addon please visit here:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any query or custom change request as per your business requirement.