Multi vendor Marketplace allows the admin to uplift the revenue by selling the goods of third party vendors at the same platforms. Etsy, eBay etc, are among the best eCommerce stores, successful in keeping their customers engaged by providing services and products of different sellers at the same platform. Nowadays getting customers attention and keeping them busy on your store is not an easy task.
Knowband has come with Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace module to help the admin to build their own Marketplace. With the help of Magento 2 multi vendor Marketplace extension store admins can build a Marketplace like Walmart, Etsy and eBay and allows multiple vendors to easily register and list their products on the site. Store admin just needs to install the Magento 2 Marketplace plugin and manage everything from the backend of the store.
The various admin benefits offered by Knowband’s Magento 2 Multi vendor marketplace plugin are discussed below:
- The store admin can simply upgrade their eCommerce store into a fully featured Marketplace with the help of Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace module.
- All type of products including Simple, configurable and bundled are supported by Magento 2 Marketplace Module.
- With the help of Magento 2 Marketplace Plugin, the store admin can set the global commission as well as category-based commission to be charged to the sellers.Admin can add category wise commission as well.
- Seller’s profile and products listed at the Marketplace can be easily viewed by the store admin from the admin panel of Magento 2 Marketplace Extension.
- The store admin has the access to approve or disapprove the seller account request and the products listed by them.
- Categories for keeping the products is assigned to the admin from the of the Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace Module. Sellers can add their products only in the assigned categories.
- The store admin has the chance to enables / disable the seller reviews and seller products reviews from the backend of the Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace Extension.
- Magento 2 Marketplace Module offers the admin the access to track the sales report and overalll transaction of the site.
- Default email templates for notifying the sellers are offered to the store admin by the Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace module.
- The third-party vendors can easily register as a seller at the site just by filling a form.
- Multiple sellers can register themselves at the Marketplace by filling few details in the form.
- Once their account gets approved by the admin, the sellers can easily list their products at the Marketplace from the seller dashboard.
- Sellers can add their banners, shop logo and meta data from their seller dashboard.
- Sellers can effortless monitor the overall transaction and sales report from the seller dashboard.
- New category request can be forwarded by the sellers to the admin. Category request can be approved/ disapproved by the store admin from the back-end of the Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace module.
- Seller’s can add coupons for their store to give discount to their customers and attract them with different offers.
- Customer is given wider range of options to choose products from.
- Sellers profile can be easily viewed by the visitors at the product page.
- Customers can send their valuable feedbacks for products as well as the seller.
- Customers has also an option to register themselves as a seller on Magento2 Marketplace.
Buy the Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace extension from the KnowBand store. You’ll get following files:
- Zipped File containing the source code of the module
- User Manual
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to install the Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace extension in your store:
- Unzip the zipped file. Create a folder (Magento root)/app/code/Knowband/Marketplace
- Upload the extracted content in the above folder via FTP manager (like Filezilla or WinSCP – download here: http://filezilla-project.org/).
- Run below commands via SSH on root Magento directory:
a) composer require phpoffice/phpexcel:1.8.1b) composer require paypal/rest-api-sdk-
- Now run below commands to install the plugin:
php -f bin/magento module:enable –clear-static-content Knowband_Marketplace
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- In Admin Panel go to the main menu -> Knowband -> Marketplace.
- The Magento 2 Marketplace extension is now ready for use.
This User Manual will guide the users through the Magento 2 Multi seller Markeplace module configuration and settings.
The Magento 2 Marketplace plugin offers multiple options for configuration and management of the online marketplace.
All the tabs are discussed below in detail.
Genearal settings of Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace is divided into two main types:
General Settings and Low Stock Configuration
The various fields of this General settings of the Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace plugin are discussed below:
- Enable Marketplace: Toggle this button to Enable/ Disable the Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace module.
- Default Commission: Admin can enter the commission to be charged to the sellers here. The percentage amount set by the admin be applicable to all the Marketplace seller by default.
- Categories Allowed: Admin can select the categories he wants to assign the sellers. If no category is selected here, the seller can keep the products in all the categories.
- Register as Seller Field: If enabled then seller can register their store at the Marketplace.
- Show different registration page for Seller: If enabled then seller’s can register themselves using a seperate registration form in the front end of Magento2 Marketplace.
- Enable Bulk Import/Export: Admin can allow the sellers to upload the products in bulk with a toggle of this button.
- Email to seller on order place: If this button is enabled, the seller will be notified about the orders via email.
- Enable Vacation Mode: When enabled, this feature allows the 3.7 Sellers Reviews
All the seller reviews along with their approved status will be listed in this section.sellers to send the vacation request to the admin.
- Show Seller information on Product Page: Customers can view the seller information on the product page, if this button is enabled.
- Product Approval Required: If ‘Yes’ is selected, then, admin approval will be required to list the product at the site.
- New Product Limit: Enter the product limit here that you want the sellers to list at the Marketplace. If the field is left blank, no product will be listed.
- Enable Seller Review: Select ‘Yes’ is selected , the customers will be able to send their feedback for the sellers here.
- Seller Review Approval: If this feature is enabled, then, the review sent by the customers will be forwarded to the admin for approval. Only after the approval of the store admin, the review will be visible to the customers.
- Enable Seller List: Enable this button to display the list of the sellers in the front-end of the site
- Enable search box: Enable this feature to allow the customers to search seller on seller listing page.
- Enable Seller Coupon: If this feature is enabled, then the seller’s can add coupons for their stores.
- Enable Seller Customer Support: Enable this feature to allow the sellers to view and solve the queries of their customers.
- Enable Low Stock Notification: If ‘Yes’ is selected, then, the sellers will be notified about the low stock via email.
- Low Inventory Limit: This is a mandatory field where the admin is needed to add the limit below which the products are considered low stock.
- When to Notify: Admin has the choice to select the condition when he wants to send the mail to sellers.
- Send Notifications from: Select the emails which you want to send as notifications.
The admin can add different custom fields for the seller’s profile.Admin can align these custom fields under different section of seller’s profile. Admin have a variety of choices to select custom fields like text, radio, check-box etc. And admin can make these custom fields required also.
The admin can monitor the list of the sellers selling their goods at the Marketplace from the backend of Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace extension. Admin can view the list of orders and the seller products with a click on the right side side of each seller.
The admin even gets an option to edit the profile of the sellers. Click on the name of the seller and a new page will open in front of you. Admin can here view and edit seller account details, orders, product reviews, Customer view etc.
The following tabs are available in the Seller Account Settings:
- Default Commission: Admin has the choice to set a different commission amount of the seller in comparison with the global commission.
- New Product Limit: Product limit set in the General setting tab can be changed for a particular seller. Admin can set the new product limit for a particular seller here.
- Categories Allowed: Categories other than the global categories can be assigned to a particular seller here.
- Product Approval Required: Product approval settings can be changed in this tab.
- Enable Seller Review: Admin can change the settings for seller review here.
- Required seller Review Approval: The admin can change the seller review approval settings for a particular seller in this field.
- Email to seller on Order Place: If the admin wants to notify a particular seller or not on order placed then settings can be enabled or disabled here.
The third-party vendors can fill-up the form in order to register their seller account at the site. The seller list along with their account status can be viewed by the admin in this tab of the Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace extension.
The admin can approve the seller’s account at a button click from the back-end of the Magento 2 Marketplace module.
Just click on the approve or disapprove button corresponding to each seller account as shown below:
If the admin clicks on the Approve button, a pop-up will be displayed asking for the permission to approve or disapprove the seller account.
Once the seller’s profile request is approved, the seller will be listed in the ‘Seller List’ tab of Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace module.If the admin clicks on the Disapprove button, a pop up box asking for the reason of the disapproval will appear.
The products approved by the admin from the back-end of the Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace extension will be listed in the Sellers Products tab.
The store owner can edit or delete the product details of products listed by the sellers if required. Click on the ‘Edit’ or ‘Delete’ button respectively.
The third-party sellers can list their product from the seller dashboard of their profile. The products added from the dashboard is listed in this tab of the Magento 2 Marketplace module for approval. The admin approval is required only if this feature is enabled. The store admin can approve or disapprove the product at a button click.
Only products approved by the sellers gets listed in the Product Approval List tab of the Magento 2 Marketplace module as shown in the figure:
If the admin clicks on the Approve button a pop-up will be displayed with the message “Do you want to approve product?” .Click ‘Ok’ if you want to go ahead with the action.
This page contains all the basic settings which the Store admin needs to control the membership plans.
Enable Seller Membership: Toggle this button to enable the membership plan functionality.
Number of days left to upgrade plan when warning message will be displayed: Enter the number of days after which a warning message will be displayed to the sellers to upgrade plan.
Notification when the number of products left to upgrade the plan: Enter the number of products left after which a warning notification will be displayed to the sellers to upgrade the plan.
Select order state after which the membership plan will be activated: Admin can select the order state on which membership plan orders will be activated.
Show custom Memerbship plan page: Using this tab admin can enable a custom membership plan page for the sellers.
Add URL for the custom page for membership plan: Enter the link of the custom membership plan page using this tab.
Provide rebate tot he current sellers for the first time: If the store admin enables this button then sellers products remain active until this period.
Rebate Duration: Enter the Rebate duration using this button.
Store admin can add new membership plans, edit and disable them from this page.
Enable Plan: Toggle this button to enable the membership plan.
Plan Name: Enter the membership plan name using this button.
Plan Price: Enter the membership plan price.
Plan Duration: Enter the duration of the plan until it remains active.
Number of Products: Enter the number of products that a seller can upload in the membership plan.
Plan Image: Upload the image of the membership plan.
Form the seller membership plan page, the store admin is able to view the assigned membership plans to the sellers. Store admin can view membership plan Id, order Id, seller Id, Plan duration, status, etc.
Store admin can send reminder messages to the sellers whose membership plan is about to expire.
Reminder Name: Enter the name of the reminder from this tab.
Enable/Disable this reminder: Toggle this button to enable or disable the reminder.
Number of days left to upgrade plan, when notification will be sent: Enter the number of days after which warning reminder will be sent to the sellers.
Email subject of reminder: Enter the email subject of the reminder from this button.
Email template for a reminder: Customize the email template of the reminder message from this tab.
Store admin can assign a membership plan to the sellers by just selecting the plan and sellers.
The customers can give ratings and write reviews for the products if this feature is enabled from the back-end of the Magento 2 Marketplace plugin. If enabled, the customers can leave their reviews by clicking on ‘Write a Review’.
The reviews written in the front-end will be listed in the back-end of the Magento 2 Multivendor Marketplace plugin as shown in the image below:
Admin can click on the ‘Edit’ button to edit or approve the product reviews. This will redirect you to the review edition page of Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace module.
The various fields of this interface are discussed below:
- Product: The name of the product for which the review is posted will be shown here.
- Author: The name of the customer sending the review will be shown here. The admin can change the name if required.
- Summary Rating: This section will by default show the rating given by the customer.
- Detailed Rating: The admin can even change the rating in this field.
- Status: Admin has the access to update the status of Review here.
- Summary of Review: In this field a summary of review will be available.
- Review: The review entered by the customer will be shown here. The store owner can edit the review if required.
To get the changes reflected, admin needs to click on the “Save Review” button at the top right side of the page.
All the seller reviews along with their approved status will be listed in this section.
The admin can view the detailed information by clicking on the “View” button on the right side of each review. Once the view button is clicked, a pop up will appear in front of you.
The customers can even give reviews to the sellers if this feature is enabled from the back-end of the Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace module. In order to leave the review, the customers can click on the ‘Write Review’ link in the product page of the website. Refer to the image below:
This will redirect them to an interface where they give rating and review to the sellers.The seller’s reviews entered here will be listed in the Sellers Reviews Approval Request tab of the Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace Module.
The admin can view, Approve, Disapprove and Delete the reviews by clicking on the “View”,”Approve”, “Disapprove” and “Delete” button respectively for respective functions.
The admin assigns the category to the third-party seller for listing the products. The sellers can even request the admin to add a new category from their Dashboard. The category requests sent by the sellers will be listed in the Seller Category Request List tab of Magento 2 Marketplace extension as shown in the image below:
Only after the new category request has been approved by the admin, only then the seller will be allowed to list their product in the assigned category. Admin can approve or disapprove the new category request by clicking on the “Approve” or “Disapprove” button respectively.
The Magento 2 Marketplace extension comes with a feature that allows the sellers to go on vacation. If this feature is enabled by the store admin from the Settings Tab of Magento 2 Multi vendor Marketplace module, only then the sellers can request for the same. Admin can view the list of sellers on vacation from this tab
The admin can view the list of best selling products of a partcular seller. List of best selling products can be filtered on the basis of time period, category and seller.
The Magento 2 Multi seller marketplace plugin offers various pre-designed email templates for the various scenarios. The store admin can even customize the email templates as required by clicking on the “Edit Template” button.
On clicking the “Edit Template” button, the admin can modify the subject and the content of the email as per his convenience.
Cron jobs can be run to sync the changes from the backend of the Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace module with the frontend of the store.Cron jobs that are run from the backend are discussed below:
- Vacation Cron: Vacation Cron job is run to disable the seller products from the front end of the store when the sellers goes on vacation.
- Low stock Notification Cron: Cron jobs is run to alert the seller about the low stock products.
List of sellers that can upload products in bulk from the seller dashboard can be viewed by the admin from this section. Admin can disable the feature by clicking on the “Disable” button on the right side of the seller.
With the help of this feature admin can add their shipping prices based on weight and price range of the products. This feature will allow them to fix a shipping price for a particular weight range or price range. Admins can use this feature while adding a new shipping method.
The store admin even gets an option to monitor total transaction,seller earnings and admin earnings. Name of the seller, along with its Email id is also there.
With Magento 2 Marketplace module, the store admin gets the access to filter the commission category wise. Admin can easily view thetotal earning, total commission for a particular category in Category Wise Commission.
The admin can view the list of total products sold, total earning, seller earning and admin earnings from the backend of Magento 2 Marketplace plugin. To view the detail transaction action, admin needs to click on the “View” button.
Moreover Magento 2 Multi seller Marketplace extension allows the admin to add a new transaction detail from the admin panel of the store. As soon as the admin will click on the “Make New” button a pop up will appear in front of him. Admin needs to fill all the details in the popup and click on the submit button to submit the new transaction entry.
Approved Payout request of the sellers can be viewed from the Sellers Payout section.
Payout Request sent by the sellers can viewed by the admin from the backend of the Sellers Payout Request. Admin can approve/ disapprove the payout request with few clicks. Once the admin clicks on the “Approve” button a pop window as show in the figure will appear.
When the admin will click on the “Disapprove” button, a dialog box with comment field will appear. Once the admin clicks the submit button after filling the comment fields, the request will get disapproved.
Magento 2 Multi seller plugin offers admin the access to set the PayPal Payout Settings from the backend of the store. Admin needs to fill the Client ID, Client Secret key, Paypal Mode, Paypal Email Subject and Paypal Currency in the backend of the store.
Once the Magento 2 Marketplace extension is successfully installed at the Magento 2 store, the third-party sellers can register by filling a simple form from the front end of the store. For easy management of the shop, the seller get an access to their dashboard.
Sellers can register their account by filling the registration form from the front end of the store. Registration form format is same for both the sellers and customers. To register as Sellers, the seller needs to select an additional checkbox in the form.
Once the account registration procedure is completed from the back-end of the Magento 2 Marketplace plugin, the seller will get an access to the Dashboard. Sellers can view the entire sales report, product list and order details from the seller dashboard. New Category request, Payout request and vacation request can be sent by the sellers from the dashboard.
The sellers can edit their profile and personalize their shop from this Seller profile tab of the dashboard. Sellers can add and edit Shop Title, Address and Social account links in this tab.
The sellers can follow the path mentioned below in order to add new product. As soon as the seller will click on the Product Catalog, following page will gets displayed. The seller can view the list of products listed at the Marketplace from the Product Catalog.3.15.6 PayPal Payout Request.
In order to add new product to the list, click on the “New Product” button
Products already listed by the sellers gets listed in the Seller dashboard tab. Once the admin clicks on the “New Product” button, pop up menu with attribute fields and product type field gets displayed.
Select the attribute fields and product type field and Click on the “Continue” button.
This will redirect you to the ‘New Product’ page. Fill up the mandatory field details in order to add the product.
List of orders and their related details can be viewed by the seller this tab of the Seller Dashboard.
The sellers can view the Review received on the products in the Product Review Tab of their Dashboard. All the reviews received will be listed as shown in the image below:
My Reviews tab in the seller’s dashboard lists out the seller reviews received on their profile.
Sellers can view the total sale,total earning, total order and total product sold in this tab. The vendors can even apply filter to the earning results as per their requirement. The total earning history will be displayed as shown below:
The seller can view their entire transaction history in the transaction tab.
Sellers can view the list of payout request sent to the admin from the Payout Request tab. Payout Request status can be also be monitored by the seller they can even send category request to the store admin. Moreover sellers can generate a new payout request by following the steps:
Go to the Dashboard -> Payout Request
Click on the “+” icon on the right side of New Payout Request. Once the “+” is clicked, a new dropdown will appear.
- Amount: Enter the amount value here.
- Request Reason: Enter the reason for Payout Reason in this field.
Click the “Submit” button at the button of page to submit the payout entry.
Sellers can view the categories assigned by the admin to them. Additionally, seller can send a new category request to the store admin by following these simple steps.
In order to send category request, go to the Dashboard -> New Category Request, a page will open in front of him.
- Choose a Category: Select a category you want to request.
- Reason: Give an appropriate reason for requesting that category.
My Vacation tab displays the list of vacation requests already submitted by the sellers to the admin.
Once the seller is on the My Vacation section, click on the “Set New Vacation” button, a pop up window will open in front of them with the following fields:
- Start date: Enter the start date of the vacation here.
- End Date: Enter the last date of vacation here.
- Your comment to the vacation: Enter a details related to the vacation here.
Click on the “Create” button here and the request will be sent to the admin for approval then.
Using this feature seller’s can generate coupons for their customers.Sellers can use different variations for creating their coupons like users per coupon, coupon type etc.
Low stock tab displays the list of products that are low in stock. Seller can set the Low stock Configuration setting from this section. Click on the “+” sign on the right side of the configuration and fill the following field there.
- Low Inventory limit: Enter the threshold limit below which you want to get notified.
- Receive Low Stock Notification: Enable/ disable the Low stock Notification from this field.
In order to upload the products in bulk, sellers needs to generate a sent a product import/ export request to the admin. Enter the comment in the box, and submit the request to the admin. Once the request gets approved by the admin, only then the seller can upload the products in bulk.
This feature allows the seller’s to view the queries of their customers in the form of tickets. When the seller click on the Ticket ID they are able to see the full detail about the query and even reply and change the status of the query.
By using this feature sellers can add their shipping prices based on weight and price range of the products. This will allow them to fix a shipping price for a particular weight range or price range. They can use this feature while adding a new shipping method.
Sellers can check their membership plan history by applying filters. Under the filters, sellers have to fill the plan name and the order ID of the membership plan for checking the history of the membership plans.
To add a new membership plan sellers have to click on the “Membership List” button.