Configuring SSL on Magento
In this tutorial we will guide you how to configure SSL on Magento. The basic function of an SSL is to encrypt all communication between the browser and the server. It ensures that your site is protected with the HTTPS connection. It gains your users/clients trust and it also improves your site’s search engine ranking.
To configure SSL on your magento store you can follow the steps below:
- Open the back-end of your store and hover your cursor on the System menu and then click on the Configuration option.
- System Menu(menu bar)>>Configuration
- Content Management etc.
- Click on the Web option, you will see Web option on the right side on the same page.
- Click on Secure Drop-down option.
- Under Secure drop-down option, you will see sub-options, you have to modify them.(Note: please modify the below mentioned sub-options only).
- Base URL ( Change http to https )
- Secure URLs in Front-end ( Change status from ‘NO’ to ‘YES’ )
- Secure URLs in Admin ( Change status from ‘NO’ to ‘YES’ )
- After modification click on Save Config button provided at the top right corner of the page.
- That’s it, your magento store is now configured with SSL.