How to install OpenCart Price Alert plugin on your server
1. Download the zip from OpenCart & unzip into a folder. After unzip folder structure of Price alert plugin will be similar to shown in below screen.
2. Open the upload directory and you will see following folder structure.
3. Login via FTP & Drag drop all the folders into your server root directory. You don’t have the change the default theme folder name to your theme folder name.
You must have VQMOD installed for this plug-in to work. IfVQMOD is not installed please download and install from the URL below:
4. You will find the plugin ready to be installed in the Modules of your OpenCart.
5. Click on Install link to install the plugin.
6. Delete the vqcache files from the vqmod/vqcache folder.
7. To access Price Alert, Click on Pricealert link which is just to the right of Report Menuas shown below.
8. On clicking Price alert link the module for plug in will open. It contains navigational bar at the top, menu at the left and main content in the center as shown below.
1. To enable the plug in, switch the enable button from OFF to ON which is just to the right of Enable/Disable label.
2. To enable Desired Price display on customer side, switch the button from OFF to ON which is just to the right of Desired Price label.
3. If you enable Desired Price then you must fill Desired Price Percentage field else error will come. You can give up to five percentage values here which will be shown to customers and these percentage must be separated by semicolon (;) as shown below:
4.E-mail Resend Days option enable admin to set number of days after which Price Alert will be send again to the customer. If its value is none then Price Alert will be sent only once, but if you set it to 4 days, then Price Alert will be sent repeatedly after every 4 days.
1. This tab shows admin, the Product Price Alert Report in tabular and chart form. Admin can set filter to fetch report for specific period of time or for a particular product.
1. This tab shows admin, the Customer Price Alert Report in tabular form. Admin can set filter to fetch report for specific period of time or for a particular product.
The Reports tab shows the following column graphs:
1.Total Sales using and without using coupons and total discount given.
2.Total Orders using and without using coupons.
For sending Price Alert via Email to all customers who have set Price Alerts, you must configure OpenCart and CRON as follow:
1.For setting up email on OpenCart open the Admin Panel and click on System->Settings.
2.After that click on Edit button against your store and then under mail setting, fill all required details and save.
3. You also need to set a CRON job for the following URL. We recommend you to run this CRON only once a day.
Customer will be able to create Price Alert for any product by clicking on Click to set Price Alert which will be there on every product page.
1. When customer will click on Click to set Price Alert a popup will be shown to him where he has to enter his email-id and desired price to set Price Alert.
2. On this popup when customer enters Desired Price text field then some predefined desired price values will be suggested to him. These values are predefined by Admin. Customer cannot enter his own desired price. He has to select any one from these suggestions. Admin can disable desired price field in that case, customer will only need to enter Email-id to create Price Alert.
3. Once customer clicks on Create Alert button after entering required fields, Price Alert will be created in his account for that product and a notification message will be shown to him. Now whenever admin will change price for that product then a Price Alert will be sent to that customer via Email only if his entered desired price is greater than or equal to new price. And in case admin has disabled desired price field then price alert will be sent to that customer, every time when there is any change in the price of that product.
4. If customer is logged in then he can see all Price Alert created by him for different products by clicking on Visit Other Alerts link.
5. Customer can update or delete any Price Alerts.
6. Customer can delete any Price Alert using Delete button against respective Price Alert.
7. Customer can edit any Price Alert by clicking on Edit button, this will enable the Desired Price text field. Using this field he can change his Desired Price value. His changed price will be updated once he clicks on Update button as shown below.