Prestashop Additional Order Forms/Field Manager by Knowband enables the Prestashop store admin to add extra custom fields to order or the checkout page of the website. The store admin can add unlimited fields on the checkout page. This way the Prestashop Additional order custom field manager addon allows the merchants to take as much information of the customers as they want to.
The Prestashop Custom Order Field Manager supports Text, Select, Radio, Checkbox, Text Area and File Date fields. Prestashop Additional Order Forms/Field Manager is an easy way for the merchants to get all the required data about the customer just when they are about to checkout from the website.
Here are some of the benefits offered by the Prestashop custom field on the checkout page of the Prestashop module:
- The Prestashop admin can add an unlimited number of custom fields on the checkout page.
- With the help of the Prestashop Additional Order Forms Manager by Knowband allows the customer to make the custom modifications without making any code changes.
- The Prestashop Additional Order Field Manager allows the Prestashop admin to create different field types on the order page.
- The admin can add an unlimited number of options for radio buttons, checkboxes and select lists at a few button clicks.
- Prestashop Extra Field on the checkout addon offers easy customization options and allows the admin to optimize the customer experience.
- The admin can gather extra information about the customers which can help them serve the customers better with this Prestashop addon.
- The customers can offer additional information to the store admin with the help of the Prestashop Additional Order Field Manager module.
Prestashop extra field on checkout page module allows the Prestashop store owner to include the additional fields on the checkout page. The project objectives are:
- To create new custom fields on the checkout page of the website and to edit the existing ones.
- To create the sections on the checkout page.
- The way to include the validation in the various fields.
In order to install the Prestashop extra fields on checkout page addon follow the below mentioned steps.
- Purchase the Prestashop Additional Order Forms/Field Manager addon from the Knowbbelow-mentionedll be provided with the following files:
- Zipped file
- User Manual
- Unzip the zipped file. It would contain a number of files and folders.
- Copy all the files and folders from the unzipped folder and paste them into your store “Modules” directory on the path – Root Directory/modules/.
- Now, The Prestashop Additional Order Information addon is ready to be installed on your store and you can find that in Store Admin -> Modules and Services. It would be shown as below:
In case, you are not able to find this custom field addon in the admin modules list, please try searching module with following details –
Keyword – Additional Order Forms/Fields Manager
Author – Knowband
Category – Front office
Filter By – Installed & Not Installed/Enabled & Disabled
- Click on “Install” button to install the module. It would, then, ask for your confirmation. Click on “Proceed with the installation” option.
- This step will install the Prestashop Additional Order Field Manager module and show notification – “Module(s) installed successfully”.
The Prestashop additional order custom field manager module is easy to understand and use. The various configuration settings offered in the admin interface are discussed below.
The Prestashop store admin can enable/disable the Prestashop Additional Order Forms/Field Manager extension after installation. This can be done from the Module Configuration Tab.
- Enable/Disable: Toggle the button as shown in the image for enabling/disabling the Prestashop addon.
- Custom CSS: The admin can customize the look and feel of the same by entering custom CSS code here.
The store admin can create ‘N’ number of order field sections in the order page of the Prestashop custom order field manager. The additional information fields can then be placed in the desired sections in the checkout page.
The created custom fields can be viewed in this tab of the Prestashop additional information field addon as shown in the image below:
In order to create a new order field section, go to the Order Field Section tab of Prestashop Additional Order Field Manager. Click on the ‘Add New Section’ as shown below:
You will be redirected to the section creation page.
The Prestashop store admin is required to fill the information and in order to create the field section.
- Label: Enter the name of the section. The label can be entered in multiple languages. Select the language from the drop-down list.
- Placement: Select the position where you want to place that particular order field section.
- Checkout Step: Select the checkout step you want to place the field section from the drop-down list.
- Active: The created section can be activated/deactivated by just toggling the buttons.
The admin can Edit/Delete the field sections by clicking on Edit or Delete button as shown below.
This section will be displayed on the front end of the website.
The View Fields link will show you the fields that have already been created in this section. The position of these fields can be changed by dragging or dropping.
In order to create the order custom fields, go to Order Custom Field tab. Click on ‘Add New Field Button’ or the ‘+’ sign on the right side of the admin panel as shown in the image below.
This will redirect the Prestashop admin to the field creation page. Select the Type of the Field from the dropdown list.
The various options offered in this section of the Prestashop Additional Order Forms Manager are mentioned below.
- Text Area
- File Date
The different field types require different information. Let us discuss them one by one.
The text field enables the user to input text information in the textbox.
The admin is asked to fill up the form as shown in the image below.
- Label: It specifies the name of the field that will be displayed on the front-end of the website.
- Short Description: Enter the short description to specify exactly what the customers are supposed to mention in that field.
- Placeholder: This attribute specifies a short hint that describes the expected value of a text area. All these inputs can be entered in multiple languages.
- Section: Section allows you to select the block where you want to place that particular field.
- Field Name, HTML ID, HTML Class: This section will provide a unique identity to the fields. It will be same for all the three sections.
- Validation: Select the validation type for the various fields. The various validation options offered are mentioned below:
- Error Message: In case the validation rules are not followed while entering the information, an error message will be displayed. The error message can be customized as well from this section. This can be done in multiple languages.
- Maximum and Minimum Length: The word limit for the fields can be fixed by entering the maximum and minimum length. By default, the text box will be able to take unlimited characters and words.
- Required Field Validator: This enables to make it a mandatory field. In case the visitors leave it empty, the Prestashop Additional Order Field Manager extension will show an error message.
- Show in Invoice: The information entered by the customers will be shown on the invoice if this field is enabled using custom field addon.
- Active: Toggle to activate the field.
Note: The Label Name, Short Description, Section selection, Field Name, HTML ID, HTML Class remains the same in every field type.
This field allows the customers to choose an option from the multiple choices available. For instance, the ‘Gender’ field offers the option of ‘Male’ and ‘Female’.
Multiple Select: If enabled, the visitors can select more than one choices.
Options: The varied options in the select field is entered here.
Default Value: This is an optional field. The store admin can set the default value for the Radio, Select or Checkbox options.
The Select field allows the customers to even choose more than one option, but the radio buttons allow the visitors to choose only one option at a time in the Prestashop Additional Order Information addon.
The information to be filled in this field is same as the ‘Select’ field only the ‘Multiple Select’ option is missing here.
The checkboxes are same as the radio buttons and select field. The only difference is that the customers are required to check the options in order to select them.
Text field offers a single line to enter the information. On the other hand, the Text Area Field offers multiple lines for entering the information. This can be used to input the address and other such information.
Even in this, the maximum and minimum length of the characters can be fixed by the store admin in the back-end.
This field allows the customers to enter the date in the format set in the back-end of the admin panel. In case of the wrong format or if any other information is entered, an error message will be displayed on the front end.
The entire custom fields created by the store admin will be shown in the admin panel.
3.3.7 How to Edit/Delete the existing Order Custom field?
The custom fields that have been already created can be edited if required by clicking on the Edit buttons.
Similarly, in order to delete the fields, click on the Delete button as shown below:
The additional fields in the Prestashop custom field addon can be viewed in the order invoice copy as well if this functionality is enabled in the respective fields. For this, go to the Order tab of the main menu of the Prestashop admin interface.
Go to any one of the order and click on View Invoice.
The personal information of the customer can be viewed in the invoice as shown in the image below.
Once the various custom fields and the custom field section have been created, the registration form will be available for the store visitors. The form will be shown in the image below:
Not just a little, there is much more to know from your store customers. Try to know what your customers think while they complete their product purchase from your store. Use Prestashop custom field addon and learn from this knowledge to improve the user shopping experience by adding extra fields during the checkout process. The fields added using this addon are easily customizable from the admin panel. So don’t feel hassles, and hike up your business revenues smartly with this feature-rich Prestashop module. Buy this module now!