OpenCart Store Locator and Pickup extension by Knowband allows the store admin to show physical stores locations on the website front-end using Google map. With the OpenCart in-store pickup module, the store visitors can find the closest store that has the products of their choice. The admin can display a store locator on the website with some additional details like distance, contact number, name, and timing. They can check the nearest store and select the one from where they want to pick up the product.
This OpenCart store locator and pickup plugin offer a user-friendly interface and the admin can easily configure it without any help. The admin can select multiple stores that are to be shown in the store locator. The OpenCart store locator and pickup plugin allow the admin to set the minimum and the maximum number of days within which the product pickup will be initiated. The customers can easily check the nearest store and view the details also. They can pick up the product if they wish to. Thus they can get the product with greater and minimal time.
The OpenCart Store Locator Extension provides you with multiple features which are fully customizable and easy to configure from the back-end interface without requiring any coding knowledge. The various striking features of the OpenCart Store Locator Extension have been listed below:
- The store owner can activate the store locator and pickup functionality just by a button toggle.
- The e-merchant can set an image as a Google map marker and the zoom level of the map.
- The OpenCart plugin allows the store admin to show contact numbers also.
- The Customer can search the store by providing the distance in km or miles.
- Customers can also search the store by entering their locations.
- The store admin can add multiple stores and show them on the Google map. The admin can also select the default store.
- OpenCart in-store pickup plugin allows the e-merchant to set the maximum pickup days.
- The Opencart store locator and pickup module allow the store admin to show the store locator in the header menu.
- The online store owner can set the date and time format.
- The e-merchant can enable the settings to display the pick-up time slot.
- The admin can set the minimum hours for which the customer has to wait for the pickup of the ordered product.
- Store admin can enable e-mail notification settings. Enabling this setting will automatically send an e-mail to the store owner about the received order.
- The OpenCart store locator and pickup module have a ready-made email template for sending an email notification to the pick-up stores about the order.
- The OpenCart Google Maps Store Locator plugin allows the admin to upload store details in bulk using a CSV file. Store admin can also download a sample CSV file.
- The store admin can also set store working days and hours at the time of listing.
- The OpenCart store locator and pickup module are Multi-lingual compatible.
- It is very easy to install, configure and activate this OpenCart store locator and pickup plugin.
- The product will be delivered to the selected store. The customer can pick up the product from the store.
- The address of delivery will be the selected store’s address.
Framework: OpenCart (2.0.x. to 3.0.x)
To install this OpenCart Store Locator Module, please follow the following steps:
Purchase the OpenCart Store Locator Extension from the Knowband store. You’ll get the following files:
- Zipped File containing the source code of the OpenCart Store Locator module.
- User Manual of OpenCart Store Locator plugin.
Follow the steps below to install the OpenCart Store Locator Extension in the OpenCart store:
1. Unzip the zipped. You’ll get the folders as shown in the image below:
2. Upload all the files and folders of the zip file in the Root Directory of OpenCart setup via FTP manager.
3. Install the OCMOD file from the Opencart Admin Side.
4. Refresh the OCMOD cache from the Extensions -> Modification.
5. Login via FTP OR Control panel & make the folder i.e. image/kbstore_locator writable. Once done, Go to Extensions ->Extensions ->Modules & Install the module.
6. The OpenCart Store Locator module is now installed and is ready to use as shown in the image below:
OpenCart Store Locator extension offers an easy customization option to the store admin. The various configuration options are discussed in detail below:
This General Settings page offer various configuration options as shown below:
- Enable/Disable: The eCommerce store admin can activate or deactivate the store locator and pick-up plugin anytime just by toggling this button.
- Enable/Disable Store Locator: The OpenCart Store Locator extension allows the admin to enable or disable the store locator in the front-end. By default, it will be enabled.
- Enable/Disable the Pickup at Store: The admin can activate the pickup from the store just by toggling this button.
- Google Map API Key: Enter the Google map API key in this section. A link is provided for generating an API key.
The eCommerce store admin can generate the Google API key by following these steps:
- Click on the “Get Started” button: The admin can click on this button to get the Google map API key.
- Pickup the products: When the admin will click the “Get Started” button this pop-up will be displayed.
- Project selection: The eCommerce store admin can select or create a project.
1. Select a project:
2. Create a new project:
Setup the billing: The eCommerce store admin can now set up the billing.
After billing the store admin can get their Google map API key.
On the Credentials page, get an API key, store admin can select the API key option:
The admin can select the restrict key option from the dialog box to set a browser restriction on the API key.
In the Key restriction section, the store admin can select HTTP referrers (web sites), then follow the on-screen instructions to set referrers.
This way the admin can set the Google map API key.
To use Google map API, You need to enable the following libraries in the Google Developer Project.
2. Place API
3. Geolocation API
Steps to enable the libraries:
1. Click on the “Enable API & Services” button as shown in the image below:
2. After clicking on the “Enable API & Services” the following screen will appear:
4. Click on the “Enable” button as shown in the below image:
5. Repeat the same process to enable the Places API & Geo Location API.
Continued General Settings…
- Google Map Marker: The OpenCart Google Map Store Locator plugin allows the admin to set an image as a Google map marker.
- Map Zoom Level: The eCommerce store admin can set the zoom level of the map.
- Distance Unit: The OpenCart Google Maps Store Locator plugin allows the admin to set the unit of distance measure as kilometers and miles.
- Display header menu: The store admin can display the store locator in the header menu of the site.
- Header Menu Text: The store admin can set the header menu text.
The various fields of this interface are discussed below:
- Maximum pickup days: In this option, the admin can set the Maximum days within which customer has to pick up their package from the store.
- Allow Pickup Time Slot: Enable to display the pick-up time slot.
- Pickup Hours Gap: The admin can set the minimum hours for wait after placing the order. This time will be the last time for which the customers need to wait after placing their order. After the provided time they can pick up their package.
The store admin can send an email to notify the pickup store of the orders. Ready to send email templates to make this easy for the store admin to inform the pickup stores about the order.
- Enable Email Notification: The eCommerce store admin can enable this option for sending e-mail notifications to notify the pick-up store about the order. The admin can set the subject line both in English and French language. Customizable email templates are available for sending the email to the stores. The ready-made email template automates the process.
- Subject: The store admin can set the subject line of the email.
- Email template: The store admin can also modify the email template if required.
Under this tab, you will see the list of stores added by the admin. You can enable or disable existing stores.
The store admin can easily add a store from the admin panel. After clicking on the “add” button, a screen will be shown like below:
- The store admin can easily add store name, full address of the store, and contact details also. The OpenCart pick-up module allows the admin to set the picture, status, and timing also.
- The admin can easily insert the working days and hours of the store.
By clicking on the “Import” button the store admin can upload store details in bulk. The store owner can download the sample file and insert all the details in this file. The admin can upload this file to import the store details.
The customers can easily view the nearest store and pick up the product. They can view the contact details, name, distance, and timings also. The customers can get the product faster and without paying the shipping charges
1. They can select the Pickup option:
After clicking the Pickup at store option the customers can view the store locator.
The customers can place their pickup orders easily. The customers can select the date and time to pick up the ordered product.
2. Order History of customers.
3. An email would be sent to the store owner stating the details of online purchase, date, and timings of the product pickup at the store by the customer.
This way, the online store admin can show multiple physical stores on the website using Google Maps. The Opencart Google Maps Store Locator extension makes the overall process very simple for the store admin. The Opencart store locator module is highly customizable and allows sharing maximum store details with the customers. Opencart Google Maps Store Locator extension also provides an option to set the pickup time, date, and delay from the admin interface. The online merchant can also send an email to the physical store end for notifying them about the in-store pickup order. Online users can easily pick up the ordered product from the selected stores.
Online users can easily place in-store pickup-based orders and grab the benefits of online deals and store discounts. Apart from that, they can place in-store pickup-based orders by which they can save delivery charges also. The Opencart store locator extension is highly effective and makes the overall process much easier.
The Knowband’s OpenCart store pick up extension Admin Demo link
For more support and information, feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.