Knowband offers OpenCart smart sort order module which allows you to sort the products on your eCommerce website. Now the eCommerce store owner can easily sort the products according to the most sold, most viewed and recently added products. Thus customers can view the products you want to show them. It increases the conversion also and provides a better store experience to the store visitors. This OpenCart addon offers a hassle-free way of implementation.
Check out the features of Opencart smart sort extensions:
- It is very easy to install and configure the OpenCart smart sort addon.
- OpenCart smart sort order offers a hassle-free implementation.
- OpenCart smart sort extensions can be enabled/disabled just by a button toggle.
- There is no need to change the code on the back-end for implementation.
- No technical skills are required for implementation.
- The store owner can sort the products by category/search/manufacturer and special product page.
- Product smart sorting module allows sorting products on the basis of sold/most viewed and most recent products.
- There are many layout options available.
- There is a save and stay option in admin panel.
- OpenCart sort order allows you to update the listing.
- OpenCart smart sort extensions are mobile responsive.
- You can manage product count and limit from the admin panel.
- OpenCart sort order extension is compatible with all the themes.
How to install OpenCart Smart Sort Order plugin on your server
1. The folder structure of the Smart Sort Order plug-in folder.
2. Open the upload folder and you will find the following folder structure:
You must have VQMOD installed for this plug-in to work. If VQMOD is not installed please download and install from the URL below:
3. Select all the folder and drag and drop them to the root directory of your OpenCart store through FTP.
4. You will be able to find the plug-in ready to be installed in the Modules in your OpenCart store as shown below.
5. Click on the Install link to install the plug-in. This will also add a drop-down option in your menu bar which will list all plug-ins by Velocity installed on your store for fast navigation. This drop-down also has a message box, using which we can inform you about the newly launched plug-in or new update.
6. Delete the Vqcache files from the vqmod/vqcache folder.
7. To access Smart Sort Order plug-in click on edit button in module section as shown below:
8. On clicking edit button the module for plug-in will open. It contains navigational bar at the top, the menu at left and main content at center.
1. General Settings tab
To enable/disable the plug-in, Switch the enable button OFF to ON / ON to OFF this is just to the right of Enable/Disable label. Run cron page or click Update Listing button after saving every time you enable the plug-in.
2. Sorting Options tab
1. Here you can set the sort order of products for different pages/layouts by adding sorting to sort table.
2. By default, one sorting is already provided but it is disabled.
3. Click Add Sorting button on top right to add as many sorting as you want.
4. Click Remove button to remove that particular sort option.
5. In the first column, you can select the criteria for sorting products. There are three criteria for sorting products:
i. Most Sold Products
ii.Most Viewed Products
iii. Most Recent Products
6. If you want most sold products to come on top of product listing then select
Most Sold Products as sorting criteria.
7. If you want most viewed products to come on top of product listing then select Most Viewed Products as sorting criteria.
8. If you want newly added products to come on top of product listing then select Most Recent Products as sorting criteria.
9. In the second column, you can select layout where you wish to sort products by selected sorting criteria.
There are following three layouts:
10. If you wish products listed in Category page to be sorted in selected sorting criteria then select Category layout.
11. If you wish products listed in Manufacturer page to be sorted in selected sorting criteria then select Manufacturer layout.
12. If you wish products listed in Search and Special page to be sorted in selected sorting criteria then select Search/Special layout.
13. In the third column, you can select the product count/ limit for selected sorting criteria.
14. If you wish to show 20 most sold products in last 30 days of each category in category page then you must set following options:
i. Sorting Criteria: Most Sold Products
iii. Days: 30
15. In the fourth column, you can enable/disable particular sorting option.
16. In the fifth column, you can set the sort order for different sorting options.
17. You can remove a particular sorting option by clicking Remove button in the last column.
18. Click Update Listing Button after saving data to make changes appear on the front end.
After installation of plug-in please add following cron to your store via control panel/putty at12midnight everyday.
0 0 * * * wget -O /dev/null https://yourstore.com/index.php?route=smartsortorder/smartsortorder
Replace your store.com with URL of your store. If you have multiple stores then set cron for every store.
Example 1 If you want to show 10 most sold products in last 30 days then 20 most viewed products in last 45 days on category page then set sorting options as shown in the image.
On saving this setting each category will show 10 most sold products then 20 most viewed products of their category. After these 30 products, all other products will appear on the category page.
Example 2 If you want to show 20 newly added products in last 10 days then 20 most sold products in last 15 days then10 most viewed products in last 10 days on manufacturer page then set sorting options as shown in the following image.
On saving this setting each manufacturer page will show 20 newly added products on top then 20 most sold products then 10 most viewed products.
Example 3 If you want the combination of both above-mentioned examples then set sorting options as shown below.
1. Most Viewed products will be counted from the first day of installation of the plugin, So please set most viewed sorting options few days after installing the plug-in.
2. Set cron file to run every day.
3. After making any changes in admin panel please click Update Listing button to make changes appear on the front end.
For more details please visit:
Module Link: https://www.knowband.com/opencart-smart-sort-order
Admin Demo Link:
Front Demo: https://ocdemo.knowband.com/?url=index.php?route=common/home
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any query or custom change request as per your business requirement.