The OpenCart-based eCommerce store owners can now create an online marketplace like Etsy and eBay with Knowband’s OpenCart Marketplace plugin. Just install the OpenCart multi-vendor marketplace extension in your store and this will enable the multi-seller functionality at your site. The third-party sellers can easily register and list their products on the site. The various aspects of the store management rest in the hands of the site admin. The seller’s profile, category request, products and review approval can be done from the back-end of the OpenCart Multi seller marketplace module.
The various admin benefits of Knowband’s OpenCart Multi-vendor marketplace plugin are mentioned below:
- The store admin can easily convert their single-vendor eCommerce site into a whole new and fully-functional marketplace with the help of Etsy clone for OpenCart.
- The OpenCart Multi seller marketplace module supports all types of products including simple, configurable and bundled.
- The OpenCart marketplace plugin enables the admin to set the global as well as the category-based commission to be charged to the sellers.
- The store owner can easily monitor the seller’s profile and products being posted at the site. They can easily approve/disapprove the seller’s profile from the admin interface of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace module.
- The admin can even assign the categories to the sellers. Additionally, the vendors can send a category request to the admin. These requests are processed by the store admin from the back-end of the OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace extension.
- The OpenCart Marketplace Module allows the store admin to enable/disable the review/rating option from the site. If enabled, the customers can give reviews for the products as well as the sellers.
- OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace plugin offers custom shipping options. If this feature is enabled, the sellers can add their own shipping methods.
- The OpenCart Marketplace Plugin offers easy tracking of sales report and overall transaction of the site.
- The store admin gets 24 default email templates to keep the sellers notified about the various aspects.
- The third-party vendors can easily register as a seller at the site just by filling a form.
- Once the account is approved, the sellers can list their products at the site from their dashboard.
- The sellers can add banners, shop logo, and metadata from their dashboard. The vendors can easily make an SEO-friendly URL for their shop.
- The sellers even get an option to track the overall transaction and sales report from the dashboard with ease.
- The sellers get an option to add category requests. The admin can approve/disapprove their request from the back-end of the OpenCart Marketplace Extension.
- If enabled from the admin panel of the OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace module, the sellers can even add their own shipping methods.
- The store visitors can now choose the ideal products from a wider range of product options.
- The online shoppers can view the seller’s profile at the products page if this is allowed by the store admin.
- The customers even get an option to give their reviews for the products as well as the seller.
- Customers can easily contact the sellers of the product from the seller account page and raise a ticket for their queries and issues.
Purchase the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace Module from the Knowband store. You’ll get the following files:
1. Zipped File containing the source code of the module
2. User Manual
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to install the OpenCart Marketplace extension in your store:
1. Unzip the zipped file. The vqmod must be installed, otherwise, the plugin will not work. You’ll get the folders as shown in the image below:
2. Copy all the files and folders of the zip file in the Root Directory of the site.
3. The admin can find the OpenCart Marketplace extension at the path Admin Panel -> Extensions. Install the module by clicking on the ‘Install’ button corresponding to the module.
4. The OpenCart Marketplace plugin is now installed and is ready to use. Go to Admin -> Main Menu -> KB MarketPlace as shown in the image below:
After that, click on the edit option of the KnowBand Marketplace.
All the 15 tabs are discussed below in detail.
The various fields of this tab of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace plugin are discussed below:
- Enable Module: Toggle the button to “enable” the module on the website.
- Default Commission: Set the commission to be charged to the sellers here. The percentage amount as specified by the admin here will be applicable to all the marketplace seller by default.
- Approval Request Limit: The store admin can approve/disapprove the seller’s account from the back-end of the OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace. The sellers can send a request for account approval. The admin can set the maximum number of requests that the seller can send in this section.
- New Product Limit: Fix the maximum number of new products that a seller is allowed to list in the marketplace.
- Enable Seller Registration: Select ‘yes’ in order to enable the third-party seller registration.
- New Product Approval Required: If ‘Yes’ is selected, then, the approval of the admin will be required to list the product at the site.
- Send Email to seller on order place: If ‘Yes’ is selected, then, an automated email will be sent to the vendors every time the order of their product is received.
- OrderCancel email status: If ‘Yes’ is selected then system will send email to sellers for cancelled orders.
- Enable Seller Review: Select ‘Yes’ if you want to enable the seller review option in the front-end.
- Seller Review Approval Required: If this feature is enabled, then, the review will be posted in the front-end only after the approval of the store admin.
- Display Sellers on the front: Enable to display the list of the sellers in the front-end of the website.
- Include Product Tax in Admin Commission: If ‘Yes ’is selected, then, product tax will be inculded in the admin commission.
- Allow Order Handling: If ‘Yes’ is selected, then, the sellers will be allowed to handle the orders received on their products. They can process the orders and change the order status.
- Display Seller Details on Product Page: Enable this option to display the seller’s details on the product page of the website.
- Listing Meta Keywords: Enter the meta keywords in this section. Enter the tags and separate them with comma.
- Listing Meta Description: Enter the Meta description of the website here.
- Seller Agreement: Specify the terms and conditions for the sellers in this section. The agreement details as mentioned here will be displayed in the front-end of OpenCart Marketplace.
- Order Email Template: This email template will be used to send order details to the sellers. The admin can customize the default template in this section.
- Order Cancel Email Template: This email template will be used to inform the seller about the cancelled orders. The admin can even customize this template as per the requirements.
- Cancel Order Status: Admin can select the order status for which he want to set order as cancelled.
- Categories Allowed: The admin can select the category that they want to assign to the sellers in this section.
The admin even gets an option to edit the profile of the sellers. Click on the Edit button corresponding to each seller as shown in the image below:
On clicking here, you will be redirected to the interface in order to edit the seller’s profile.
The third-party vendors can fill-up the form in order to create a seller account at the site. The seller’s profile will be listed in this tab of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace Plugin for approval as shown in the image below:
The admin can approve the seller’s account at a button click from the back-end of the OpenCart Marketplace module.
Just click on the approve or disapprove button corresponding to each seller account as shown below:
On clicking on the Approve button, a pop-up will be displayed asking for permission to approve or disapprove the seller account.
Once the seller’s profile is approved, the same will be listed in the ‘Seller List’ tab of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace module.
The admin can even edit the profile of the vendors from the back-end of the OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace extension. In order to edit the same, click on the Edit button as shown in the image below:
This will redirect you to an interface of the OpenCart multi-seller marketplace extension where you can make the required changes.
The third-party vendors can list their product from the dashboard of their profile. The products added from the dashboard is listed in this tab of the OpenCart marketplace module for approval. Admin approval is required only if this feature is enabled. The store admin can, then, approve or disapprove the product at a button click.
Once the Approve or Disapprove button is clicked, a pop-up will be displayed with the message “Do you want to approve product?”
Click ‘Ok’ if you want to go ahead with the action.
The store owner can edit or delete the product details of the sellers if required. Click on the ‘Edit’ or ‘Delete’ button respectively.
The store admin can view or edit the orders by clicking on the View and Edit button respectively.
The customers can give ratings and write reviews for the products if this feature is enabled from the back-end of the OpenCart marketplace plugin. If enabled, the customers can leave their reviews by clicking on ‘Write a Review’.
The reviews written in the front-end will be listed in the back-end of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace plugin as shown in the image below:
Click on the ‘Edit’ button to edit or approve the product reviews. This will redirect you to the review edition page of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace module.
The various fields of this interface are discussed below:
Author: The name of the reviewer will be shown here. The admin can change the name if required.
Product: The product for which the review is posted will be shown here. The admin can select the product for which you want to post the review here.
Text: The review entered by the customer will be shown here. The store owner can edit the review if required.
Rating: This section will by default show the rating given by the customer. The admin can even change the rating.
Date Added: The date when the review was added will be displayed here.
Status: Enable or disable the review from here. If enabled, the reviewed will be displayed on the product page.
The customers can even give reviews to the sellers if this feature is enabled from the back-end of the OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace module.
In order to leave the review, the customers can click on the ‘Write Review’ link on the product page of the website. Refer to the image below:
This will redirect them to an interface where they give ratings and reviews to the sellers.
The seller’s reviews entered here will be listed in the Sellers Reviews Approval List tab of the OpenCart Marketplace Module.
The admin can edit, approve or disapprove the reviews by clicking on the Edit button corresponding to each review.
The reviews approved by the store admin in the Sellers Reviews Approval List tab of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace Module will be listed in this section.
The admin can edit or delete the reviews as per the requirement by clicking on the Edit or Delete button respectively.
The admin assigns the category to the third-party seller for listing the products. The sellers can even request the admin to add a new category from their Dashboard. Refer to section 4.2.7
The category requests send by the sellers will be listed in the Seller Category Request tab of OpenCart Marketplace extension as shown in the image below:
The OpenCart Marketplace extension comes with a custom shipping options wherein the sellers can add their own shipping methods. If this feature is enabled by the store admin from the Settings Tab of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace module, then, the sellers will be allowed to add their shipping methods. Refer to section 4.3.
The shipping templates added by the sellers will be listed in the Sellers Shipping tab of the OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace module.
With Opencart Marketplace plugin, the store admin gets the access to set the commission category wise. Admin can easily view the total earning, total commission for a particular category in Category Wise Commission.
The admin can view the commission earned from the marketplace in this tab of the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace Plugin. The store owner gets an option to view the order-wise and category-wise commission.
Select the type of commission that you want to view from the drop-down list as shown above.
This will list out the total earnings, the earning of the sellers as well as the commission of the admin.
The store admin even gets an option to view the transaction of the sellers. The admin can see the Seller Balance History as well as Transaction History in this tab of OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace plugin.
The store owner even gets an option to add a transaction by clicking on the ‘Add New Transaction’.
This will open up an interface. The admin can fill the required details and add new seller transactions.
The various fields of this tab of OpenCart Marketplace plugin are discussed below:
Select Seller: Choose the seller from the drop-down list.
Transaction ID: Enter a unique transaction ID in this section.
Type: Select the type of transaction. It may be Credit or Debit.
Amount: Enter the amount involved in the transaction.
Comment: Enter a comment or any additional information. This is an optional field.
Send Notification to Seller: Check this option to send a notification to the concerned seller regarding the transaction that was added here.
Payout Request sent by the sellers can viewed by the admin from the backend of the Sellers Payout Request. Admin can approve/ disapprove the payout request with few clicks. Once the admin clicks on the “Approve” button a pop window as show in the figure will appear.
When the admin will click on the “Disapprove” button, a dialog box with comment field will appear. Once the admin clicks the submit button after filling the comment fields, the request will get disapproved.
Opencart Multi vendor Marketplace plugin offers admin the access to set the PayPal Payout Settings from the backend of the store. Admin needs to fill the Client ID, Client Secret key, Paypal Email Subject and Paypal Currency in the backend of the store.
The OpenCart Multi seller marketplace plugin offers 24 pre-designed email templates for the various scenarios. The store admin can even edit the templates if required by clicking on the Edit button.
This tab is used to find the user manual of the Opencart Marketplace Module and also to raise a support ticket for any kind of queries and issues.
Once the OpenCart Multi-vendor Marketplace extension is successfully installed at the OpenCart store, third-party vendors can fill a simple form and open-up their online shop. For easy management of the shop, the seller gets access to their dashboard.
The third-party vendors can easily register as a seller of the site by filling a simple registration form. In order to register as a seller, select ‘Yes’ in Register as Seller section of the form.
Once the registration is complete and the seller’s account is approved from the back-end of the OpenCart Marketplace plugin, the seller gets access to the Dashboard.
They can view the entire sales report and order details.
The sellers can follow the path mentioned below in order to add a new product.
Go to My Account -> Dashboard -> Products
The already listed products are displayed in this tab of the seller’s Dashboard.
In order to add a new product click on the ‘+’ sign at the top right portion.
The sellers can view their orders and related details in this tab of the Dashboard.
The sellers can view the review received on their product in the Product Review Tab of their Dashboard. All the reviews received will be listed as shown in the image below:
Even the sellers get an option to delete the reviews. This can be done by clicking on the ‘Delete’ button corresponding to each review.
The tab of the seller’s dashboard lists out the reviews received on their profile.
The total earnings of the seller can be viewed in this tab. The vendors can filter the results as per requirement.
The total earning history will be displayed as shown below:
The sellers can even view the order-wise earning as shown below:
The seller can view their entire transaction history in this tab. The amount debited or credited in their account can be viewed here.
Sellers can view the list of payout request sent to the admin from the Payout Request tab. For a new payout request sellers need to fill the payout amount and reason and send it to the admin for approval.
The sellers can view the categories assigned to them. Additionally, they can even send a category request to the store admin. In order to send category request, go to the Dashboard -> Category Request
The sellers can view the shipping process as in the screenshot below:
With the help of product import feature sellers can add products in bulk. They have to download the template for products upload and just fill the information of their products and upload again to list the products in bulk.
Using this feature seller’s can generate coupons for their customers. Sellers can use different variations for creating their coupons like users per coupon, coupon type etc.
This feature allows the seller’s to view the queries of their customers in the form of tickets. When the seller click on the Ticket ID they are able to see the full detail about the query and even reply and change the status of the query.
Watch how the OpenCart Multi seller Marketplace module works?
For further information, refer to the following links: