eBay OpenCart API Integration by Knowband is one of the fastest means to connect your OpenCart store with eBay. The OpenCart plugin makes it easier for the store admin to connect their store with the marketplace. At the same time, the OpenCart eBay API integrator automates the entire process of product listing, inventory and order management.
eBay is one of the most popular online marketplaces. Operating in over 30 countries worldwide, the marketplace has secured a significant place in online trading. ebay.com has gained the reputation of an online space where buyers and sellers come together and trade almost anything. The OpenCart store owners can streamline their selling and find a larger audience base in the popular marketplace.
OpenCart eBay Marketplace Integration Module by Knowband allows the OpenCart store admin to list their products on the eBay marketplace and manage their inventory and orders at a few button clicks. The OpenCart eBay API integrator makes it easier for the store admin to connect their store with the marketplace. At the same time, the OpenCart eBay API integrator automates the entire process of product listing, inventory and order management.
- The OpenCart eBay Integrator allows the store admin to skip the steps involved in lengthy store integration. The store admin can connect the store in a few simple steps.
- The admin can create as many profiles as they wish from the back-end of the OpenCart eBay API integrator.
- The profile-based product listing of the OpenCart eBay Integrator allows the store admin to skip manual listing.
- The inventory can be easily managed with the help of these profiles created in the OpenCart eBay API Integration.
- The eBay integration makes it easier for the store admin to map the product attribute and categories with that attribute and categories of eBay.
- The OpenCart eBay Feed Integration allows the merchants to add, remove, revise or relist the products on the marketplace.
- Along with easy inventory management, the OpenCart eBay Connector offers easy order management as well. The admin can sync the orders received from ebay.com with their OpenCart store and process it from there. Thus, the merchants need not visit the marketplace.
- The OpenCart eBay Integrator offers two-way synchronization that can be done by executing cron in the back-end.
- The merchants can check the error occurred while product listing from the back-end of the OpenCart eBay Integration module.
Purchase the OpenCart eBay Integration extension from the store. You’ll get the following files:
1.Zipped File containing the source code of the module
Follow the below-mentioned steps to install the Opencart plugin in your store:
- Unzip the zipped. You’ll get the folders as shown in the image below:
2. Copy all the files and folders of the zip file in the Root Directory of the site.
3. The OpenCart eBay Integration module is now installed and is ready to use. Go to Admin -> Main Menu -> Extensions as shown in the image below:
4. Select the eBay integration from the list of the modules and click on the Edit button.
To start selling on eBay Marketplace you need to have a seller account on eBay. In this section, we are listing all the steps to create a seller account on eBay. Please find them below –
1. Go to the link – https://developer.ebay.com/
3. After filling valid data click on join and you will be redirected to the application creation page.
4. Enter the application name and click on ‘Create a keyset’ under the Production section, a new form will be opened.
5. Enter the details and click on Continue to create Keys.
6. The application keys will be shown.
7. To create user token, click on User Tokens link in the above image.
8. Click on ‘Sign in to Production’ to get a token.
9. Fill the details and click on “Sign in to eBay to get a Token’”.
11. On clicking register and filling details you will be redirected to your Seller eBay account.
To Get a token from eBay via your application
1. To create user token, click on User Tokens link in the below image.
Steps to reach this screen:-
A. Log in to your developer’s eBay account.
B. On a successful login, you will see the below-added screen.
2. Click on “Get a Token from eBay Via Your Application.”
Steps to reach this screen:-
A. Click on “User Tokens” from the above screen.
The admin panel of the OpenCart eBay Integration plugin offers 5 configuration options. They are discussed in details below:
Once you have created a seller’s account, you need to synchronize the store with the marketplace. To validate the synchronization go to General Settings of the admin interface of the OpenCart eBay Integration Module.
The drop-down menu consists of Enable or Disable option. Select the options to enable/disable the eBay OpenCart API integrator.
The admin can either choose the Sandbox account for testing purposes or the Live eBay account for the final store integration.
3. Dev Id
Enter the Dev ID of your eBay account here. To find your Dev ID, sign in the eBay developer account. In the application key section, you’ll find App ID, Dev ID, and Cert ID as shown in the image below.
4. App Id
Copy the App ID from your eBay account as shown above and copy it in this field.
5. Cert Id
Enter the Cert Id of eBay account in this section. You can find the Cert Id as shown in the above image.
6. RU Name
Enter the RU Name of the eBay account. To obtain your RU name, go to the ‘Get a Token from eBay via Your Application’ tab after adding a redirect URL.
Copy the Auth Token of eBay account and paste it here. To get the access token, click on ‘Sign in to Production’ as shown in the below image.
Sign in to the account from the form as shown below:-
Click on I agree and get access tokens.
You’ll get the token as shown in the image below:
8. Paypal Email
Enter a valid PayPal ID connected to your eBay account. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your eBay seller account.
- Click on account settings from the top-left dropdown and click on Paypal account.
3. Now Sign up or link your already created PayPal account with the eBay seller account.
4. On clicking Sign Up, you will be redirected to the PayPal account creation page. Just create a profile by filling the details and link it to your seller’s account.
The OpenCart eBay Integrator allows the store admin to process the order to form the OpenCart admin panel. The default order status can be selected from this tab and synced with the marketplace by executing cron in the Synchronization tab.
Order Default Status: Default status is the first status of the order when it is placed in the store. Select the default status of the orders that will be displayed in the marketplace.
OpenCart Shipped Order Status: Shipped status means that ordered items have been shipped. Select the status for shipped orders.
The OpenCart eBay Marketplace Integration extension offers an option of a profile-based product listing to the store admin. The merchants can create profiles and manage them from the back-end of the OpenCart eBay Integration Addon.
The profile management tab of the OpenCart eBay Integration plugin is further categorized into two tabs:
Profile Name: Enter a unique name for the profile here.
Select eBay Site: The eBay OpenCart API integrator allows the store admin to integrate their site with multiple eBay sites operating worldwide. Select the site from the drop-down menu.
Select Currency: Select the Currency type.
Shipping Profile: Select a Shipping Profile.
Select Language: Select the language.
eBay Category: The admin can easily map the eBay categories with OpenCart categories. Select the eBay category from the drop-down menu in which you want to map the categories of the OpenCart store.
Select Store Category: Check the categories that you want to map in the selected category of eBay. The store admin can map multiple categories of the store with a single category of eBay.
Select eBay Payment Methods: Check the payment methods that you want to map on eBay.
Duration: Select the duration for which the products of the profile is to be listed in the eBay marketplace from the drop-down menu.
Product Condition: Select the condition of your product to be listed.
Alter Quantity: The quantity is the minimum quantity that will be sent to eBay for listing. That is if “20” is the quantity set as “Product Quantity” in the profile and the quantity of any particular product is greater than “20” (Opencart product quantity ) let’s assume “30”, then, “20” will be sent as the product quantity to eBay for that product and if the product quantity is less than “20” let’s assume “7”, then, “7” will be sent as the product quantity to eBay.
Maximum Product Dispatch Time: Enter the maximum expected product dispatch time.
Return: Select whether you want to offer the return option for the listed products. If Yes is selected, then, the customers would be allowed to return the products.
Return Description: Enter the suitable return description.
Return Within: Select the no. of days within which return should be initiated.
Refund will be given as: The drop-down list shows several options in which the refund can be initiated. Select the one that suits your requirements.
Price Management: Enable/Disable price management. If Yes is selected, then, the sellers would be allowed to manage the product price.
Increase or Decrease Price: Select an Increase or Decrease from the drop-down list.
Price value: Enter the price value.
Percentage or Fixed: Select the type of price.
Threshold Amount of the Product: Enter the threshold amount of the product.
The specifics in this section appear as per the eBay category selected in the General tab. The field marked with * is mandatory.
The store admin gets an option to edit the existing profile as per the requirement from the back-end of the OpenCart eBay Integration extension. Click on the Edit button corresponding to the profile to make the changes as shown in the image below.
This tab showcases the list of all the shipping profiles of the eBay Marketplace.
You can add multiple shipping profiles while you can also edit the existing shipping profiles too.
eBay Sites: Select the eBay site.
Service Types: Select the service type.
Profile Title: Enter the profile title.
International Shipping allowed: Enable/Disable the international shipping.
Excluded Location: Enter the excluded locations for shipping.
The OpenCart eBay Marketplace integrator makes it easier for the OpenCart store admin to view the product listing report. The products listed in the marketplace can be viewed from the back-end of the OpenCart eBay Integration plugin. The admin can remove the products by clicking on the ‘Delete’ button as shown in the image below.
There are the following options available corresponding to each product listing:
- Disable the Product
This tab enables admin to disable the product from the backend of the module. After disabling the product, it will not be shown on the front-end of the Marketplace. It can be only visible after enabling the product from the backend.
- Product Listing Relisting
This option offered by eBay Prestashop integrator allows admin to relist products in case listing is expired on Ebay Marketplace. To relist the product, the admin has to click on “Relist” action given in bulk actions.
- Product Listing Revision
If any update is done in product details then by default it will be marked as updated and if cron is set for this action then it will be sent for revision. If admin manually wants to send products for revision then he can mark the product and click on “revise” from bulk actions.
- Individual Product Synchronization
This feature enables admin to sync the products one by one (Along with bulk sync option at the top right corner). By this, admin can filter out the products that need not be shown on the front end of the eBay Marketplace.
- Delete the product
This feature enables admin to delete the product. Admin can simply click on the Delete button and the product will be deleted from the front-end of the website.
- Adding products from the product listings tab
If you want to add a product in the product listing tab, the admin has to create a profile of the product in the Profile section of the module. (read section 3.3.1) There you will get a step by step procedure of creating a profile and adding the product in the products listing tab.
- Different statues in the filter of the product listing
Here are some different statues in the filter of the product listing.
- New: After applying this filter, admin can view the new products listed on the Marketplace.
- Listed: After applying this filter, admin can view the listed products listed on the Marketplace.
- Disabled: After applying this filter, the admin can view the list of disabled products.
- Updated: After applying this filter, admin can view the updated products listed on the Marketplace.
- Ended: After applying this filter, the admin can view the list of ended products.
- Relisting: After applying this filter, admin can view the relist products listed on the Marketplace.
The orders received from the marketplace can be synced with the OpenCart store by executing cron in the Synchronization tab of the OpenCart eBay Marketplace Integration module admin panel.
The eBay OpenCart Connector extension allows two-way integration to the OpenCart store owners. The merchants can list the products and the related details in the marketplace with the help of this OpenCart eBay API Integration. At the same time, the orders can be synced back from the eBay marketplace to the OpenCart store.
Following are the steps to synchronize the profiles with eBay Marketplace –
Go to the Synchronization tab.
Select the profile whose products you want to list. Sync the profile with eBay.
Click on the “Sync Products” button as shown below.
It would perform following actions –
It will add the products in the marketplace with the respective product details.
It will list products to eBay from your OpenCart store.
Click on the “Relist Products” button as shown below.
The cron job will relist the products that have expired from the marketplace.
Click on the ‘Revise Product’ as shown below to revise the products on the marketplace. Any change in the product details, image, pricing, etc can be synced by executing this cron.
Click on the ‘End Product’ as shown below to delete the products from the marketplace. The admin needs to click on the ‘Delete’ button in the products listing tab before executing this cron.
The OpenCart store admin can import the product listing from the marketplace by executing the ‘Get Products Listing Report’ cron. The eBay status column will be filled when this action is executed.
Click on the “Sync Orders” button to sync the orders received from the marketplace in the OpenCart store as shown below.
It would perform following actions –
It will sync all the Orders and related details from eBay Marketplace to the OpenCart store.
It creates the orders in the OpenCart store according to the details of the order received from the Marketplace. The admin can then process orders from a single interface, that is, from the back-end of the OpenCart eBay Marketplace Integration extension.
To sync the Click on the “Update Order Status on eBay” button as shown below.
It would perform following actions –
- The cron checks if there is any status update recorded by the OpenCart module for any order.
- These updates are then synchronized with the eBay marketplace.
- It updates the Status of Orders as per the configuration settings modification in the “Order Settings” tab of the admin interface of the OpenCart eBay Integration extension.
This tab is for admin support. In case of any query, admin can raise a ticket or mail on the email id given in the support tab.
Contact us at email@example.com for any query or custom change request as per your business requirement.