This document contains user manual for Magento Facebook Share And Win Extension.
This is a very useful extension which seems to give both the sides i.e the admin and the customer certain benefits. This addon will help the admin to promote his website and product, and on the other side the customers will get discount on whatever product they purchase. This is a very interesting Magento extension because of its dual nature.
Admin will be having full control on the discount type and the discount value which he is giving and can also view the details of the discount applied on a particular product.
Follow the following steps for installing Magento Facebook Share and Win Extension
1. Download the Extension package.
2. Unzip the package on your root folder of Magento setup via FTP manager (like Filezilla or WinSCP – download here: https://filezilla-project.org/).
3. In Admin Panel under the Menu “System” , you will see a new menu option “Discount on Share”. In case you are not able to see the link under System, please clear Magento Cache first then check again.
4. With this the extension gets installed on your system.
Configuration of this module will be accessible through Admin account only.While the customers can view on front end product pages.
After installation, a menu will be displayed to the admin as shown in below screen:
On clicking the highlighted link, system will redirect admin to his low stock alert configurations page.
In admin module, there will be following options to configure this plug-in and customize its look at the front-end as follows –
This section will be having following options to configure the module –
1. Active: This option has a drop down button with two specific values ‘Yes and ‘No’. This module will only work if this is set to ‘Yes. If this is set to ‘No’ then none of the feature will be working and not even impacting any other section of website. By default, this option will be “No”.
2. Facebook app id: This app id is very important for this plugin to work. Admin has to enter this app id to let the customer share the product on Facebook.
3. Discount Value: In this field the admin has to give the discount value which is to be applied on that product.
4. Discount Validity: Here the admin has to enter the date up to which the discount coupon can be applied. If the validity date is expired than the coupon can be no longer applied.
5. Custom CSS: These are the fields which are given in this plugin in case if the admin wants to customize the look and feel of his plugin.
This is the tab in which the admin can view all the details of the discount coupon’s applied on every product.
1. Select Id: Here the admin has to select the Id of the product which he/she wants to look.
2. Select Product Name: When the admin will select the Provide the name of this field will automatically get refreshed and will be filed by all the product of that name.
3. Select SKU: Filter the discount on the basis of the SKU of the product.
4. Select Attribute: When the admin will select the category of this field will automatically get refreshed and will be filed by all the product of that category.
5. Total Coupon Table: When the admin will select the product in the above option then a table will appear which will be having the details of the discount coupon and their current status applied on that particular product.
When this module is enabled from the back end then a button will start appearing in the front end of the shop on every product page. On which a text “Share to get discount!” will be written and on clicking on this button the customer can share the product and if he/she shares the product then a discount code will be shown to that customer which will be applied to that customer only.