In order to get more details of the online users, the Magento store admin can now show additional information fields on the registration field. The customers can enter their details which will be further used by the store admin for promotion and marketing. Magento Custom Fields module by Knowband is a feature-rich module which allows the e-merchant to display unlimited fields on the registration page of the website.
With the help of this Magento Custom registration form plugin, the store admin can display extra fields on the registration page and also set the look and feel of the fields. The Magento Custom Fields plugin allows adding the text box, radio button, check boxes, date, select, textarea and a file field on the registration page without even a single change in codes.
- The Magento custom registration form extension allows the admin to add, delete and update the custom fields.
- The e-merchant can create a separate section for showing extra custom fields on the registration page.
- The Magento custom registration form module offers multiple fields like text field, text-area filed, radio buttons, checkboxes, select, file and date.
- The admin can effortlessly add validation rules on the custom fields with the help of Magento custom registration field extension.
- Any invalid information entered by the customers will throw an exception notifying the customer about the mistake.
- The admin can enter their CSS code in the back-end of the Magento custom registration field extension and change the look and feel of the front-end.
- The admin can show the information of the custom fields in the invoice of the customers.
- The Magento Custom Registration Fields extension is easy to use and can be configured in a few simple steps.
- The Magento Custom registration attribute extension allows the admin to apply Email, URL, Number, Digits, Only Letters, Letter and digits, Date validations.
The online store merchant can install the Magento Custom registration attribute extension easily by following these steps:
- Admin needs to download the extension package from the Knowband store.
- After downloading the extension package, the store owner will get a zipped file. Unzip the package on the root folder of Magento setup via FTP manager (like Filezilla or WinSCP – download here: http://filezilla-project.org/). The admin will find the files and folders as shown in the image below:
- The extension is now installed and ready for use. In the Admin Panel, go to “System > Knowband Extensions >Magento custom field registration”.
Now the store admin can now use and configure the Magento Registration Fields extension.
The online store admin can show extra custom fields on the registration page. The configuration options are shown below:
- General Configuration
- Custom Field Section
- Custom Fields
- Enable the Extension: The Magento Custom Registration Fields allows the e-merchant to activate or deactivate the functionality anytime just by a button toggle.
- Custom CSS: The online store owners can enter custom CSS code for the look and feel customization.
Specific sections can be created for showing the custom registration fields. The Magento Registration Fields module allows adding multiple sections easily. Admin can add, delete and update the custom fields as per the requirement.
For adding a new custom registration section, the store admin can click on the “Add New Section” button. After clicking this button, the admin will get customization options for the creation of a new section.
The admin can follow these customization options in order to create a new section:
- Label: The e-merchant can set the label for the new custom field.
- Enable: The Magento Custom registration form extension allows the admin to activate or deactivate this custom field as per the requirement.
The store admin can click on the “Edit” button for modifying the custom field section details. Here, the store owner can edit the Label name and activate/deactivate that section.
The Magento Custom registration attributes plugin allows the eCommerce store admin to delete the custom registration section. For deleting any section, the store admin needs to click on the “Delete” button as shown below:
The store owner can add multiple custom fields from the admin interface of this Magento Custom registration form extension. The Magento Custom registration attributes plugin allows the admin to Add, Update and Delete the custom field easily without any hassle.
3.3.1 How to add a new custom field?
The store admin can add a new custom attribute from the admin interface of the Custom registration attributes module. Admin just needs to click on the “Add new” option for adding a new custom field.
- Select Field Type: The Magento Registration Fields module allows the admin to select text, select, radio button, checkbox, textarea, file and date field. The store admin can select the field from the available drop-down list.
There are multiple field options available in the field selection section:
The store owner can select the field as per the requirements.
The online users can enter their personal details like name, address and age in the text box. Apply the text field settings for showing it on the website registration page.
Admin can apply the settings in the below-mentioned options:
- Label: Enter the label of the selected field. The label refers to the name of the field that will be displayed in the front-end of the site.
- Short Description: Enter the short description of the field here. With this short description, the customers can understand the field well.
- Placeholder: Set the Placeholder text in this menu option. Placeholder specifies the watermark that is displayed in the text-box.
- Section: Select the registration field section in which you want to display the particular field.
- Field Name, HTML ID, HTML Class: This section will provide a unique identity to this field. It will be the same for all the three sections.
- Validation: The Magento Custom registration attributes plugin provides an option to set field validation. The store admin can apply different validations easily. Available validation options are mentioned below:
- Only Letters
- Letter and digits
An error message will be displayed in case of wrong information. The customers need to follow the validation rules.
- Maximum and Minimum Length: The store admin can set the maximum and minimum character length from the admin interface of this Magento Custom Registration Fields module.
- Required: The admin can set any custom Registration field as a required field. An exception message will be displayed if the customer leaves the required field empty.
- Editable by the Customer: The customers can edit the details only if the customer makes this field editable. The admin can enable this option for allowing the customers to edit the field details.
- Show in Invoice: The store admin can enable this option if they want to show these details in the customer’s invoice.
- Active: The store admin can activate or deactivate this field from the admin interface of this Magento Custom registration form.
“Select Field” provides a facility to the customers to select the option from various choices. For example, the customers can select the Gender and Payment Preferences.
The Label Name, Short Description, Section selection are same as the other ones. Here are the customization options offered to the store admin.
- Multiple Select: The Magento Custom registration attribute extension module allows the admin to provide multiple selection options. If the admin enables the “multiple selection” option, then the customers can select more then one option.
- Options: The store admin can enter different options in this field. There should be one option in a single line and no gap is allowed.
- Default Value: The admin can set the optional default value if he wishes to do so.
The Magento Custom registration attribute extension plugin provides radio button field. The admin can use this field where only one option is to be selected at a time. The customization options are the same as described above. Multiple Selection options is not available in the radio field.
The Magento Registration Fields module allows the admin to select check-box field for providing an option to selecting by checking the box. Its functionality is the same as radio button and select field. Same menu options are provided for applying the settings.
Text are the field is used when detailed information is required from the customers. The admin can show this Text field on the website if they want the customers to provide details in the paragraph, not just one-liners.
The admin can show this field for allowing the customers to upload an image or document. The admin can enter the file type and also make it a required field. There is no need to change even a single line of codes for providing this option.
Customers can enter the date in a proper format with this date field. The Magento Custom Registration Fields module allows the store owner to show this field on the registration field. The store admin can enter the label, short description, placeholder as discussed before.
The Magento Custom Fields extension provides a facility to update the previously created custom fields. The store merchant can click on the edit button in order to update the details.
The e-merchant can delete the custom fields anytime just by clicking on the “delete” button. After clicking on the “delete” button, admin can view a pop-up message for confirmation.
After confirmation the module will delete the particular custom field.
The online store merchant can apply the settings from the admin interface of the Magento Registration Fields extension. After applying the settings, the admin can show the custom fields on the registration page of the website. The customers can enter the details in various fields and thus the admin can get more and more details about the online users without any difficult process.
If The customers skip the required field then an error message will be displayed on the registration page. The error will be thrown only on the fields that have required field validation.