Welcome to Discussion Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Duplicate content from external website: Please Help

0 like 0 dislike
Hello,

I need to set the no index flag on approximately 85 pages of duplicate content that originated from a 3rd party website. In the discussion found at https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/how-to-implement-a-noindex-268758 someone indicated that the no index can be set for multiple pages by adding an 'or' to the snippet. Are there limitations on the number of page handles that can be included in the 'or' statement OR is there an easier way to do this? We will update the content of those pages in the near future to eliminate the pages with duplicate content and will, therefore, need to go back to remove the no index flag from each page after the fact.
asked Jun 6, 2017 in SEO by harsh (8,710 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike

Hi,

It would be great if you would give some idea about the pages. Which type of pages do you want to as noindex? Because I'm not getting a clear view about the issue.

Apart from that, you can noindex the pages by disallow the Google bot to crawl the page. It will not permanently remove pages from the search, but will stop the Googlebot from crawling the pages. Then, you can allow the pages after updating the content in the future. 

Format of the robots.txt file will be like this:

User-agent: Googlebot
Disallow:/*

I hope, this will be helpful for you. Please feel free to contact for any query or issue.

answered Jun 13, 2017 by Ekta (560 points)

Related questions

0 like 0 dislike
1 answer 18 views
1 like 0 dislike
1 answer 746 views
746 views asked Jun 9, 2017 in Prestashop by harsh (8,710 points)
0 like 0 dislike
1 answer 54 views
54 views asked Jun 6, 2017 in Magento by harsh (8,710 points)
0 like 0 dislike
0 answers 52 views
52 views asked Sep 8, 2017 in Opencart by harsh (8,710 points)
0 like 0 dislike
0 answers 37 views