Welcome to Discussion Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

If I use RedirectMatch301 in .HTACCESS file, will it affect my SEO?

1 like 0 dislike
If I use a RedirectMatch301 code in my .HTACCESS file:

Original:  /automobiles/pickups/?category=classic

Redirect:  RedirectMatch 301 ^/automobiles/(.*)/?$ /?s=$1 [L]

Will it hurt my SEO status?
asked Feb 17, 2017 in SEO by harsh (8,710 points)

3 Answers

0 like 0 dislike

No, It will not affect your website SEO. If you are using 301 permanent redirection technique. 

A 301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It’s not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it’s the safest option. The code “301” is interpreted as “moved permanently”.
answered Feb 18, 2017 by msahani (140 points)
0 like 0 dislike

No it won't affect your seo. 301 redirectiion by .htaccess is a the best way to instruct users and crawler that you have changed your existing page to new redirected page. 

answered Feb 20, 2017 by Armegatron (940 points)
0 like 0 dislike
No it will not affect your SEO

If you are using 301 permanent redirection for a page, this method is best for both user and search engine.

Apart from that, multiple redirection on a partipcular page can slow down the speed of the page and that case it may be hurt your SEO. Multiple redirection can be many types such as you are redirecting multiple pages to a single page and your are using multiple redirection on a single page.
answered Feb 20, 2017 by Ekta

Related questions

0 like 0 dislike
2 answers 74 views
0 like 0 dislike
0 answers 53 views
0 like 0 dislike
2 answers 260 views
260 views asked Feb 22, 2017 in SEO by Bhawana (120 points)
0 like 0 dislike
2 answers 289 views
0 like 0 dislike
1 answer 157 views