Welcome to Discussion Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How to migrate from Prestashop 1.6 to Prestashop 1.7?

0 like 0 dislike
First of all thank you for taking a look into the problem that I'm facing today.

I'm currently working on a project that includes Prestashop 1.7. What I'm trying to do is as following. I want to migrate my Prestashop 1.6.11 to 1.7. Now I know that there is currently no support for this option but I really want to upgrade it for some important reasons. I did migrate the customers and there invoices to 1.7 but when I try login on the new website nothing happens(I made a test account on 1.6). There is no error or anything but the page refreshes and that's it. I did look on multiple websites for a solution but that came out blank.

Is what I am trying to do even possible or does anybody have an idea where to look or what to change.

Hope that somebody has a solution.
asked Feb 25, 2017 in Prestashop by harsh (8,710 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
There is a _COOKIE_KEY_ in PrestaShop that is used to encrypt the password before saving them to the database. The _COOKIE_KEY_ for each PrestaShop installation. The _COOKIE_KEY_ is unique for each and every PrestaShop installation.

You can find the _COOKIE_KEY_ in following paths:

/app/config/parameters.php (in PrestaShop 1.7) /config/settings.inc.php (in PrestaShop 1.6)

You should set the passwords for your users on your new PrestaShop 1.7 store again using the updated _COOKIE_KEY_

You can take a look at Tools::encrypt() function to find out how it is encrypted.

Note: This _COOKIE_KEY_ is called 'secret' in PrestaShop 1.7
answered Feb 25, 2017 by harsh (8,710 points)

Related questions

0 like 0 dislike
1 answer 2,421 views
0 like 0 dislike
1 answer 642 views
0 like 0 dislike
1 answer 1,877 views
1,877 views asked Feb 24, 2017 in Prestashop by harsh (8,710 points)
0 like 0 dislike
0 answers 82 views
82 views asked Sep 8, 2017 in Prestashop by harsh (8,710 points)
0 like 0 dislike
0 answers 331 views
331 views asked Jun 13, 2017 in Prestashop by harsh (8,710 points)