AA free security programme called Google Authenticator helps guard your accounts against password theft. Two-factor authentication, which is available on popular sites including Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, GoDaddy and Instagram, is simple to set up and use.
The app (iOS/Android) generates a random code that is used to verify your identity when you log into various services. The Google Authenticator app offers an additional layer of security over simply sending the code to your phone through text message each time.
Step by Step Guide to Use Google Authenticator app for 2 Factor Authentication for Godaddy:
Install the 2-step Google Authenticator App for increased account security.
Recommended Read: How to download your Android/iOS app from the Diawi link?
1. Install Google Authenticator App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator
2. Click on the + icon at the right bottom of the app screen. This would give you an option to scan a QR Code.
3. Log in to the Godaddy account of MorroCapital and goto: https://account.godaddy.com/security/
Recommended Read: iOS & PWA: Key Points Everyone Should Know
4. On the right bottom part you will see an option to ADD BACKUP. Click it.
5. It will take you to the next screen where you need to select “Authenticator App” as the option and click NEXT.
6. On the new screen it would show a QR code to you. You need to Scan that QR code with your Google Authenticator app (Step:2)
7. Then Click NEXT and it would ask you to fill in the code. Simply enter the code that is displayed in the Google Authenticator app and click Continue. Additionally, if the code is accurate, the app will be set up and you won’t need to rely just on SMS anymore. Although you can always use SMS as the authentication option while logging into the account.
Recommended Read: 3 Robust Apps Created using KnowBand’s Mobile App Builder Plugin for Poland PrestaShop Stores
In The End:
Passwords may be easy to guess or obtain in other ways. It is uncommon for the hacker to additionally have access to the user’s actual device because the bulk of attacks takes place online.
Knowband, an eCommerce plugin development company, offers the most sophisticated and automated way to expand your online business to mobile platforms. Using the Mobile App Builder, they can turn your complete website into a mobile app with features. Also, it enables the store admin to sell things on mobile devices in addition to the standard website. The app’s features and operation perfectly mirror those of the website and operate on both Android and iPhone devices. To know in detail about the eCommerce mobile app builder, reach out to us at support@Knowband.com