Getting thousands of visitors to your site but missing on the leads! It’s a common scenario but to get potential customers, you should influence the target market with better strategies. Your target audience will depend upon the services you provide. The targeted market could be B2B or B2C concerning the service.
Among thousands of visitors, how many are the leads and take your services? If you are getting a good number of conversions then there is nothing to worry about. If this is not the case then you have to start targeting quality traffic. You must consider the fact that the quantity does not define the quality. Understanding your audience and making them talk about your services can be achieved with quantity but, for quality, your target should be based on buyer persona. When focusing on the potential customers you should see if:
- They are interested in your content
- They are likely to convert
- Are or will be looking for your product
A potential customer is all that you need when you are running a business.
Think about it! You are a protein bar manufacturer and you are running promotional campaigns without any filters. This might bring visitors to your site but are they actually going to buy your product? For a protein bar, you should have a B2B target audience as the customer can be of any profession and may differ from a buyer persona.
Let us take another example, you run an eCommerce website selling women’s cosmetics and hair products. Who will be your target audience? Women are more likely to spend on cosmetics. It would be profitable only if women are the target audience.
A potential customer will lead to high conversions. Bring targeted traffic to your site and boost your sales.
If you are giving engaging content to your visitors then you can have the least bounce rate. Many visitors leave the page as soon as they land it.
Multiply your sales by directing your traffic targeting to potential customers.
Now you understand the quality audience traits and the importance of potential customers. Now you must be wondering, how to do that? There can be multiple ways to target audiences, like focusing on customer satisfaction and customer quality service. Best way to approach the quality audience is
- You can conduct target customer research for the product and services you provide. Compile all your pre-existing data and customer information and start looking into the opportunities with target marketing. Collect more information like their professions, interests to use them in marketing.
- Analyze the market to know the competition. When you are into a business be ready with your armor and sword to fight a war against your competitors. Here the armor will be your product service and sword will be a marketing strategy.
No customers are similar. There can be different ways to attract potential customers which can give high conversions. To get good retention and customer conversion you can target potential customers adopting multiple approaches.
- Have a psychographic approach: Tell them why your product or service is good for them. You should know the details like buyer’s habits, interests, lifestyle, values, and opinions which can be used in your planning for marketing strategy.
- Leverage FOMO marketing: You can make your target audience feel they might fall behind if they are not using your product or services. This is one of the easiest ways to boost sales.
- Personalize customer experience: Attract them by giving personalized customer experience.
- Prove that your products are better than those offered by competitors: Sometimes you have to play dirty to achieve your goals. Sell your idea as if there is no better option available.
- Let your customers decide on the next steps: Your work is to guide them but not making them walk. Show the quality and advantages and let them decide on the next step.
Targeted marketing can lead to potential customers and not just visitors. Focus on providing customer quality services and improved customer experience. Make sure your product or service shows up when customers are looking for it. A planned marketing strategy can bring quantity as well as quality to your store.